Page 54 of 328 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364104154 ... LastLast
Results 531 to 540 of 3276

Thread: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

  1. #531
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    6

    Re: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

    Quote Originally Posted by draven31 View Post
    Also a good point. I'll add shes not the one most cheered for this season. That was Chantel.


    I've said many times on this board that the only real reason I'm watching this season is because of Emily. I didn't have a vested interest in Brad or his story. I may have watched a couple of episodes but wouldn't have planned my Monday night viewing around The Bachelor ( and Castle) like I do now.
    I knew Emily's story going in. I know the Hendricks side of the story very very well. It's repeated every fall during the Martiansville race weekend.

    I have never heard Emily's POV , no stories on Nascar.com. No interviews with Marty Smith. We saw her during the Hendricks movie but she did not speak on camera. I have no clue why she did the show now. I really dont care. Is this giving her a voice for her own tragedy? I think so. I dont think she a fame whore or gold digger or anything other than a single mom with a story she was now ready to tell.

    I for one, am very glad she did.
    Great post, ITA!!

  2. #532
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,117

    Re: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

    Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer View Post
    I think you not remembering her name is significant... and the reason is that it was just her life, we don't know her name, her kids name, who her husband was, nothing, she was just a lady with a sad story. Emily's dead boyfriend was from a very very prominent family as was bound to attract the media's attention. Yes tptb capitalized on it... but she set herself and the Hendrick family for it as it wasn't just a clearcut scenario - it had been fodder for gossip in the Nascar circle since the accident.

    Same last year with Chris, his mom was a nurse, another sad story....but what if his mother was someone like Anna Nicole Smith.... oh.my.goodness.... totally different ballgame IMO. I just don't get her going on the show and to top it off, I didn't see any passion or love in her when she was talking to Brad.
    Maybe the best illustration of your point -- which I agree with, BTW -- is Ashley H. She had a boyfriend (perhaps the love of her life?) that died just weeks before coming on the show this season. The same season as Emily. But that wasn't Ashley's story, her school and imminent career was. Tragedy was Emily's story, in fact it was all we got to know about her. Because she is F1. I'm sure there's tons more to know about Emily, but we weren't allowed to know it. They made her into another one-dimensional character to sell their TV show, which made it impossible for me to see her as remotely interested in Brad as a husband, or even a passing acquaintance. They ripped us (the viewers) and them (the contestants) off big time. And they'll do it again next season.

    I also agree with another of your posts stating that the way to honor the memories of these people that are/were so important to her is NOT to do a cheesy reality TV dating show. I can't imagine that the Hendricks were happy about her doing this show at all.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

  3. #533
    FORT Fogey grneyedgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,370

    Re: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

    Quote Originally Posted by WakeUpSunshine View Post
    I'm sorry but I'm just not buying that Emily is sincere about any of this! Certainly I am sorry that she lost her boyfriend, and I do believe that he was her boyfriend that she was shacked up with at age 18 and that the whole "engagement" story was the Hendrick's way of saving face.

    The girl is out for fame! The mere fact that she has had as much cosmetic work done at the tender age of 24 speaks volumes. Two of her "jobs" have been in front of the camera, and it is said that she dabbled in real estate....which makes tons of sense since the real estate market has been so wonderful these past three years. While in Nashville she managed to get written up in a local magazine and "featured." Nashville is now celebrity central....gone are the days that it is just the country music capital of the world.

    She doesn't come across as sincere and her actions just don't dictate to me that she is! Just my opinion and I realize that it probably isn't popular but things just don't add up!
    Really?? I didn't know that. What has she had done?
    When you judge others, you do not define them. You define yourself. ~Wayne Dyer

  4. #534
    FORT Fan AKA083's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    187

    Re: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    Maybe the best illustration of your point -- which I agree with, BTW -- is Ashley H. She had a boyfriend (perhaps the love of her life?) that died just weeks before coming on the show this season. The same season as Emily. But that wasn't Ashley's story, her school and imminent career was. Tragedy was Emily's story, in fact it was all we got to know about her. Because she is F1. I'm sure there's tons more to know about Emily, but we weren't allowed to know it. They made her into another one-dimensional character to sell their TV show, which made it impossible for me to see her as remotely interested in Brad as a husband, or even a passing acquaintance. They ripped us (the viewers) and them (the contestants) off big time. And they'll do it again next season.

    I also agree with another of your posts stating that the way to honor the memories of these people that are/were so important to her is NOT to do a cheesy reality TV dating show. I can't imagine that the Hendricks were happy about her doing this show at all.

    It was Ashley H's ex-boyfriend.

  5. #535
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    28

    Re: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

    Quote Originally Posted by draven31 View Post
    Also a good point. I'll add shes not the one most cheered for this season. That was Chantel.


    I've said many times on this board that the only real reason I'm watching this season is because of Emily. I didn't have a vested interest in Brad or his story. I may have watched a couple of episodes but wouldn't have planned my Monday night viewing around The Bachelor ( and Castle) like I do now.
    I knew Emily's story going in. I know the Hendricks side of the story very very well. It's repeated every fall during the Martiansville race weekend.

    I have never heard Emily's POV , no stories on Nascar.com. No interviews with Marty Smith. We saw her during the Hendricks movie but she did not speak on camera. I have no clue why she did the show now. I really dont care. Is this giving her a voice for her own tragedy? I think so. I dont think she a fame whore or gold digger or anything other than a single mom with a story she was now ready to tell.

    I for one, am very glad she did.

    I also never got the impression she was in it for the fame. I seem to recall reading a post from someone that knew her personally that spoke on why she went on the show and why it was hard to find someone to date in Charlotte.( which really is not a huge huge town) They also mentioned why the LV track nascar date in particular would have brought on a lot of emotions.

    A lot of people here seem to think it is a boo hoo thing that she did on that date. I lost my son and there are times when something happens or triggers a memory of the day he died and I just lose it. 5.5 years later. The pain is always there, will always be there and is known to come to the surface on occasion no matter how strong you are.

    I also got the sense from her that she really didn't want that to be what Brad knew of her. Even when she told him about the plane crash she never said who he was. She didn't go into further explanation until BRAD asked her. It is not like she volunteered the information. He wanted to know if she was OK and she obviously felt that was a good time to explain just how tied into nascar she really was. By that time they had spent some time together and her knew her a little bit more. He didn't fall for her because of her back story at least not that I see.

  6. #536
    Team Gremily! Noobslueth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,166

    Re: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

    Quote Originally Posted by grneyedgirl View Post
    Really?? I didn't know that. What has she had done?
    She had umm *enhancements* done... and some say she has veneers which I can kinda see because in the younger photos of her you can see she has kind of a rogue eye tooth. Maybe the veneers were an easier option than getting braces esp when you are older.

  7. #537
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,051

    Re: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

    Quote Originally Posted by nikkij_26 View Post
    Thank you!! A million times agreed. Money doesn't make everything better and can sometimes make things worse. If a woman lost her child I doubt a billion dollars in the bank account would make her feel better or change the fact that it might halt the progression of her life as she tries to recover if she can. Death is the great equalizer.


    I grew up in Sunday School with a fun-loving girl. We both had one child. Her son was a sweetheart, a well-liked 18 year old young man who was killed in an automobile accident.
    No amount of money will ever make up for the children or grandchildren this wonderful childhood friend will never have.

    I don't begrudge Emily the money she has in life.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

    - John McMillan

  8. #538
    FORT Fan draven31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    san antonio,tx
    Posts
    357

    Re: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

    Quote Originally Posted by Ummtalhah View Post
    I also never got the impression she was in it for the fame. I seem to recall reading a post from someone that knew her personally that spoke on why she went on the show and why it was hard to find someone to date in Charlotte.( which really is not a huge huge town) They also mentioned why the LV track nascar date in particular would have brought on a lot of emotions.

    A lot of people here seem to think it is a boo hoo thing that she did on that date. I lost my son and there are times when something happens or triggers a memory of the day he died and I just lose it. 5.5 years later. The pain is always there, will always be there and is known to come to the surface on occasion no matter how strong you are.

    I also got the sense from her that she really didn't want that to be what Brad knew of her. Even when she told him about the plane crash she never said who he was. She didn't go into further explanation until BRAD asked her. It is not like she volunteered the information. He wanted to know if she was OK and she obviously felt that was a good time to explain just how tied into nascar she really was. By that time they had spent some time together and her knew her a little bit more. He didn't fall for her because of her back story at least not that I see.
    exactly.

  9. #539
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    10

    Re: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

    Quote Originally Posted by Ummtalhah View Post
    I dunno something about this just rubbed me the wrong way. Having had to bury my own son (an infant) in 2005, I don't think there is any amount of money in the world that could take away that kind of pain. When you lose someone that close to you you truly never "get over it". It is a pain you just learn to live with and I can't believe some of the cold-hearted comments like this that have been said about Emily and her loss, which was indeed very tragic.
    Thank you. Confused and saddened over what I have been reading here. Really sad.

  10. #540
    FORT Fogey northernviewer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    4,894

    Re: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    Maybe the best illustration of your point -- which I agree with, BTW -- is Ashley H. She had a boyfriend (perhaps the love of her life?) that died just weeks before coming on the show this season. The same season as Emily. But that wasn't Ashley's story, her school and imminent career was. Tragedy was Emily's story, in fact it was all we got to know about her. Because she is F1. I'm sure there's tons more to know about Emily, but we weren't allowed to know it. They made her into another one-dimensional character to sell their TV show, which made it impossible for me to see her as remotely interested in Brad as a husband, or even a passing acquaintance. They ripped us (the viewers) and them (the contestants) off big time. And they'll do it again next season.

    I also agree with another of your posts stating that the way to honor the memories of these people that are/were so important to her is NOT to do a cheesy reality TV dating show. I can't imagine that the Hendricks were happy about her doing this show at all.
    No, I'm sure they were upset when they found out about it. The Hendrick's went to a lot of trouble to "rewrite" history so to speak and make everything honourable for little Ricki sake.... and in a few short months Emily destroyed it.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.