Page 53 of 328 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263103153 ... LastLast

Thread: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

Re: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

Quote Originally Posted by aqlovesdr View Post
    We don't know Emily without knowing her story and her story includes this tragic accident. This tragedy was very public so the story was already out there - TPTB played it up which was expected by Emily I am sure - but that story made Emily who she is in every way - there was no way it would not and should not be told. I do not think that makes her selfish - or anyone who has lost someone and gone on this show - what was the mom's name from Jason's season that had a similar story. I do not see any difference between that story and this one except by our judgements.
    I think you not remembering her name is significant... and the reason is that it was just her life, we don't know her name, her kids name, who her husband was, nothing, she was just a lady with a sad story. Emily's dead boyfriend was from a very very prominent family as was bound to attract the media's attention. Yes tptb capitalized on it... but she set herself and the Hendrick family for it as it wasn't just a clearcut scenario - it had been fodder for gossip in the Nascar circle since the accident.

Same last year with Chris, his mom was a nurse, another sad story....but what if his mother was someone like Anna Nicole Smith.... oh.my.goodness.... totally different ballgame IMO. I just don't get her going on the show and to top it off, I didn't see any passion or love in her when she was talking to Brad.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Answering emusha in here:

Quote Originally Posted by emusha View Post
    which sunset pic?
    The ones in the screencap thread. There is a pic of Emily and Chantal walking toward the podium and it seems to me that Emily arrives later than Chantal. I thought it couldn't get anymore clear than that that Emily is F1. But we shall see! I think when something is very clear, we try to make it more complicated than it really is. That's what we do here though, so I'm open to sleuthing it out!

2observe, if it's early morning with Emily, wouldn't she have a clue that she was the F2? Have there ever been morning FRC's?
    Last edited by sanlee; 03-10-2011 at 02:20 PM.
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer View Post
    I think you not remembering her name is significant... and the reason is that it was just her life, we don't know her name, her kids name, who her husband was, nothing, she was just a lady with a sad story. Emily's dead boyfriend was from a very very prominent family as was bound to attract the media's attention. Yes tptb capitalized on it... but she set herself and the Hendrick family for it as it wasn't just a clearcut scenario - it had been fodder for gossip in the Nascar circle since the accident.

Same last year with Chris, his mom was a nurse, another sad story....but what if his mother was someone like Anna Nicole Smith.... oh.my.goodness.... totally different ballgame IMO. I just don't get her going on the show and to top it off, I didn't see any passion or love in her when she was talking to Brad.

Her name was Stephanie and they had news footage of her husband's death, same intro with her and her daughter. Flew her daughter to LA for a day at the amusement park. She came from money as well.

In the one screen shot of Brad's mom she reminds me of Shirley Maclaine.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Not true! She made it quite far and her kid was on the show as well, I think for her B-day! It was a date with Steph, Jason and her daughter.
    Team Fleiss!
    Cross-eyed Peaches

FORT Regular

I am a new mom and have baby brain so I dont remember much! hehehehe

Not seeing passion or a love connection with Brad is a good reason for not thinking he should pick her. And if he does for being disappointed in the ending of the TV show.

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee View Post
    Re the bolded....probably because she makes it to the finale...
    Also a good point. I'll add shes not the one most cheered for this season. That was Chantel.

I've said many times on this board that the only real reason I'm watching this season is because of Emily. I didn't have a vested interest in Brad or his story. I may have watched a couple of episodes but wouldn't have planned my Monday night viewing around The Bachelor ( and Castle) like I do now.
    I knew Emily's story going in. I know the Hendricks side of the story very very well. It's repeated every fall during the Martiansville race weekend.

I have never heard Emily's POV , no stories on Nascar.com. No interviews with Marty Smith. We saw her during the Hendricks movie but she did not speak on camera. I have no clue why she did the show now. I really dont care. Is this giving her a voice for her own tragedy? I think so. I dont think she a fame whore or gold digger or anything other than a single mom with a story she was now ready to tell.

I for one, am very glad she did.

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee View Post
    Answering emusha in here:

The ones in the screencap thread. There is a pic of Emily and Chantal walking toward the podium and it seems to me that Emily arrives later than Chantal. I thought it couldn't get anymore clear than that that Emily is F1. But we shall see! I think when something is very clear, we try to make it more complicated than it really is. That's what we do here!
    Hah ha ~ oh, so very true!!
    This is freaking CRAzy ~ I'm 0 for 20!

Quote Originally Posted by aqlovesdr View Post
    I am a new mom and have baby brain so I dont remember much! hehehehe

Not seeing passion or a love connection with Brad is a good reason for not thinking he should pick her. And if he does for being disappointed in the ending of the TV show.
    sorry, didn't mean you literally not remembering her name, just that she was a "nobody" (no offense to Stephanie) and the rag mags couldn't care less about her other than that she was Bach contestant.

congrats on the new baby I so miss those days
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

FORT Newbie

I'm sorry but I'm just not buying that Emily is sincere about any of this! Certainly I am sorry that she lost her boyfriend, and I do believe that he was her boyfriend that she was shacked up with at age 18 and that the whole "engagement" story was the Hendrick's way of saving face.

The girl is out for fame! The mere fact that she has had as much cosmetic work done at the tender age of 24 speaks volumes. Two of her "jobs" have been in front of the camera, and it is said that she dabbled in real estate....which makes tons of sense since the real estate market has been so wonderful these past three years. While in Nashville she managed to get written up in a local magazine and "featured." Nashville is now celebrity central....gone are the days that it is just the country music capital of the world.

She doesn't come across as sincere and her actions just don't dictate to me that she is! Just my opinion and I realize that it probably isn't popular but things just don't add up!