Page 52 of 328 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162102152 ... LastLast

Thread: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

Re: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

Quote Originally Posted by Ummtalhah View Post
    I dunno something about this just rubbed me the wrong way. Having had to bury my own son (an infant) in 2005, I don't think there is any amount of money in the world that could take away that kind of pain. When you lose someone that close to you you truly never "get over it". It is a pain you just learn to live with and I can't believe some of the cold-hearted comments like this that have been said about Emily and her loss, which was indeed very tragic.
    Agree with everything you said. So sorry for your loss.

Quote Originally Posted by reality-luv31 View Post
    It's the roman numeral seven. Had a pm conversation with one of her friends- it pertains somehow to either Ricky or the Bible or both.
    Thank you!!!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer View Post
    First I'd like to say sorry for your loss and that I agree with what you've said and all those have had to face it... and I'm sure that number is great just with us here at Fort...know that money will never make up for it. That being said, I think for many, including myself, kind of take acception to her using her tragic backstory to get a guy This is a well known public family tragedy that affected more than just her and her ability to find a guy ... why the heck would she go on a reality television dating show?? like c'mon, she had to know how it was going to be dragged through the mud...did she really think that she was so special that it was going to be left alone? sometimes as a mom and a member of a prominent family you have to think about more than yourself. I feel sorry for little Ricky and the Hendrick's... Emily is a big girl, who IMO, made a really selfish move by applying for this show.
    We don't know Emily without knowing her story and her story includes this tragic accident. This tragedy was very public so the story was already out there - TPTB played it up which was expected by Emily I am sure - but that story made Emily who she is in every way - there was no way it would not and should not be told. I do not think that makes her selfish - or anyone who has lost someone and gone on this show - what was the mom's name from Jason's season that had a similar story. I do not see any difference between that story and this one except by our judgements.

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer View Post
    First I'd like to say sorry for your loss and that I agree with what you've said and all those have had to face it... and I'm sure that number is great just with us here at Fort...know that money will never make up for it. That being said, I think for many, including myself, kind of take acception to her using her tragic backstory to get a guy This is a well known public family tragedy that affected more than just her and her ability to find a guy ... why the heck would she go on a reality television dating show?? like c'mon, she had to know how it was going to be dragged through the mud...did she really think that she was so special that it was going to be left alone? sometimes as a mom and a member of a prominent family you have to think about more than yourself. I feel sorry for little Ricky and the Hendrick's... Emily is a big girl, who IMO, made a really selfish move by applying for this show.
    She went on the show for the same reason's the other 30 woman went on the show and the other 500 people who went on the show before her to fall in love and go on an adventure. I was a huge Chirs fan last year and still love the guy to pieces but his tragic loss was shoved down our throats all season last year and no one made such cold remarks about him and his tradgedy. Or questioned why he went on the show. So why is it different for Emily . It's not her fault nor was it Chris' that TPTB played up the tradgedy as much as they did. I'm sure much like Chris, Em didn't just talk to Brad about Ricki and Ricky
    "People throw rocks at things that shine and life makes love look hard but my choice is you" -Bremily

Quote Originally Posted by aqlovesdr View Post
    We don't know Emily without knowing her story and her story includes this tragic accident. This tragedy was very public so the story was already out there - TPTB played it up which was expected by Emily I am sure - but that story made Emily who she is in every way - there was no way it would not and should not be told. I do not think that makes her selfish - or anyone who has lost someone and gone on this show - what was the mom's name from Jason's season that had a similar story - but she was not put down - why? I do not see any difference between that story and this one except by our judgements.
    Stephanie and you're right, they were very similar stories.
    Team Fleiss!
    Cross-eyed Peaches

Quote Originally Posted by Truelovealways View Post
    She went on the show for the same reason's the other 30 woman went on the show and the other 500 people who went on the show before her to fall in love and go on an adventure. I was a huge Chirs fan last year and still love the guy to pieces but his tragic loss was shoved down our throats all season last year and no one made such cold remarks about him and his tradgedy. Or questioned why he went on the show. So why is it different for Emily .
    very good points.

Quote Originally Posted by Truelovealways View Post
    She went on the show for the same reason's the other 30 woman went on the show and the other 500 people who went on the show before her to fall in love and go on an adventure. I was a huge Chirs fan last year and still love the guy to pieces but his tragic loss was shoved down our throats all season last year and no one made such cold remarks about him and his tradgedy. Or questioned why he went on the show. So why is it different for Emily . It's not her fault nor was it Chris' that TPTB played up the tradgedy as much as they did. I'm sure much like Chris, Em didn't just talk to Brad about Ricki and Ricky
    Re the bolded....probably because she makes it to the finale...
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

Quote Originally Posted by aqlovesdr View Post
    We don't know Emily without knowing her story and her story includes this tragic accident. This tragedy was very public so the story was already out there - TPTB played it up which was expected by Emily I am sure - but that story made Emily who she is in every way - there was no way it would not and should not be told. I do not think that makes her selfish - or anyone who has lost someone and gone on this show - what was the mom's name from Jason's season that had a similar story. I do not see any difference between that story and this one except by our judgements.
    Like Chantal and the death of her natural father, Chris L, Stephanie with the loss of her husband from Jason's season.

FORT Newbie

ITA, as a member of the club.....twin daughter 1998, no amount of $$ can replace a human being. We should be happy for Emily and her daughter that they're being cared for...and the coldhearted comments...judging victims/survivors is way out of line, if you think that you know what you would do in this situation,you do not. BTW Chantal fan but thinking Emily a better match

Quote Originally Posted by Ummtalhah View Post
    I dunno something about this just rubbed me the wrong way. Having had to bury my own son (an infant) in 2005, I don't think there is any amount of money in the world that could take away that kind of pain. When you lose someone that close to you you truly never "get over it". It is a pain you just learn to live with and I can't believe some of the cold-hearted comments like this that have been said about Emily and her loss, which was indeed very tragic.

Quote Originally Posted by reality-luv31 View Post
    Stephanie and you're right, they were very similar stories.
    Alot of people even wanted her to do the Bette!

Everyone has a past. Does it matter? Even I believed everything written about some of these contestants it doesn't matter in the long run. I don't know Emily I never will. I will never have to see how they were really affected by this or how Brad was affected by it. I am not losing sleep over anyone's past or their intentions for going on this show.