Page 51 of 328 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101151 ... LastLast

Thread: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

FORT Fan

Re: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

Quote Originally Posted by Ummtalhah View Post
    I dunno something about this just rubbed me the wrong way. Having had to bury my own son (an infant) in 2005, I don't think there is any amount of money in the world that could take away that kind of pain. When you lose someone that close to you you truly never "get over it". It is a pain you just learn to live with and I can't believe some of the cold-hearted comments like this that have been said about Emily and her loss, which was indeed very tragic.
    Unfortunately, you speak from experience and I am sorry for your loss. There have been many, many coldhearted comments regarding Emily's loss. I'm hopeful that those comments are being applied to "Emily - a character seen on a reality tv show" and not to "Emily Maynard - Ricki's mom and Ricky Hendrick's fiancee'".

It's ok to be jealous of or angry at the contestant who stole Brad's heart away from your favorite contestant. It's something more if you can't feel compassion for another human being's loss in the real world.

I dunno something about this just rubbed me the wrong way. Having had to bury my own son (an infant) in 2005, I don't think there is any amount of money in the world that could take away that kind of pain. When you lose someone that close to you you truly never "get over it". It is a pain you just learn to live with and I can't believe some of the cold-hearted comments like this that have been said about Emily and her loss, which was indeed very tragic.
    So true. Some just don't understand since they have never experienced it. Like I said...I bet Emily if she had a choice between Ricky and money she would have taken Ricky in a heartbeat.

I have a quick question - I missed the talk about Emily's wrist tattoo. I'm pretty sure I read ^^ that her bracelets on her left wrist cover it. Does anyone know what the tattoo is, or know if she really has one? Thanks!

it's been a wild ride! Parkhillian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JordieGirl View Post
    Unfortunately, you speak from experience and I am sorry for your loss. There have been many, many coldhearted comments regarding Emily's loss. I'm hopeful that those comments are being applied to "Emily - a character seen on a reality tv show" and not to "Emily Maynard - Ricki's mom and Ricky Hendrick's fiancee'".

It's ok to be jealous of or angry at the contestant who stole Brad's heart away from your favorite contestant. It's something more if you can't feel compassion for another human being's loss in the real world.
    Word.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvThisStuf! View Post
    I have a quick question - I missed the talk about Emily's wrist tattoo. I'm pretty sure I read ^^ that her bracelets on her left wrist cover it. Does anyone know what the tattoo is, or know if she really has one? Thanks!
    It's the roman numeral seven. Had a pm conversation with one of her friends- it pertains somehow to either Ricky or the Bible or both.
    Team Fleiss!
    Cross-eyed Peaches

First I'd like to say sorry for your loss and that I agree with what you've said and all those have had to face it... and I'm sure that number is great just with us here at Fort...know that money will never make up for it. That being said, I think for many, including myself, kind of take acception to her using her tragic backstory to get a guy This is a well known public family tragedy that affected more than just her and her ability to find a guy ... why the heck would she go on a reality television dating show?? like c'mon, she had to know how it was going to be dragged through the mud...did she really think that she was so special that it was going to be left alone? sometimes as a mom and a member of a prominent family you have to think about more than yourself. I feel sorry for little Ricky and the Hendrick's... Emily is a big girl, who IMO, made a really selfish move by applying for this show.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by JordieGirl View Post

Well Said

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer View Post
    First I'd like to say sorry for your loss and that I agree with what you've said and all those have had to face it... and I'm sure that number is great just with us here at Fort...know that money will never make up for it. That being said, I think for many, including myself, kind of take acception to her using her tragic backstory to get a guy This is a well known public family tragedy that affected more than just her and her ability to find a guy ... why the heck would she go on a reality television dating show?? like c'mon, she had to know how it was going to be dragged through the mud...did she really think that she was so special that it was going to be left alone? sometimes as a mom and a member of a prominent family you have to think about more than yourself. I feel sorry for little Ricky and the Hendrick's... Emily is a big girl, who IMO, made a really selfish move by applying for this show.
    Northernviewer, will you accept this rose? I agree totally and completely (and I'm someone who has experienced a ton of losses myself.)

Quote Originally Posted by zacksmom1993 View Post
    Northernviewer, will you accept this rose? I agree totally and completely (and I'm someone who has experienced a ton of losses myself.)
    why, thank you zacksmom and that's just it, many of us have experienced a loss that just never goes away and her "story" just irks me as IMO it should be treated with more respect and honor... and you don't do that on a cheesy reality show IMO

Quote Originally Posted by zacksmom1993 View Post
    Me too ~ that's why I have the perspective I do!
    This is freaking CRAzy ~ I'm 0 for 20!