Page 50 of 328 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960100150 ... LastLast

Thread: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

FORT Fan

Re: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    I can’t put my finger on it, there is something ‘off’ about this whole season.
    1. We have the spoilers and previews weeks before the season even begins
    2. We have the first girl out of the limo slap him in the face
    3. The usual ensuing drama
    4. We have poor Emily who’s
    • still grieving over the loss of the father of her child, the love of her life
    • still wearing his engagement ring on that finger
    • goes on one ‘pivotal’ date and appears to be over it POOF
    • Is hesitant about even introducing her daughter to Brad
    • and then miraculously she accepts a proposal 2 weeks later.
    5. Two weeks before the finale, we get the REAL F1 complete with SC evidence.

It all seems so manipulated/scripted/fake.

I’ve said right from the start this show was about Redemption – and maybe my mind never got past that IDK
    I'm struggling with the same things. Add to that, I just don't understand why you go to so much trouble to discredit RS. That had to be intentional and of high effort; I just can't believe he would have been so definitive after last season without some serious (manufactured) proof. When Survivor was the hottest reality show on television, the season would be spoiled months before the first episode filmed. It's just too easy when you layer cameramen, behind the scenes staff, editing, production companies, marketing companies, and network executives (not to mention reality TV starlets) to get spoilers. Mark Burnett did nothing to seal those leaks, why does The Bachelor care? Especially when RS spoilers have coincided with a resurgence in ratings for the franchise. I know. I know. Correlation doesn't mean causation, but still.

So why, really, did they want to hide Emily as the F1 with fake spoilers? (BTW, I think it's obvious that everything being handed out two weeks before the final was simply because they knew 80% of the viewing public wanted Emily and they're boosting ratings.) Is it because the "love story" wouldn't hold up to scrutiny? I just don't get it. The whole season makes me sad and then that makes me even sadder since I'm having an emotional response to the freakin' Bachelor! I said yesterday that I wished TPTB showed us multi-dimensional, real women instead of stereotypes. But here I am AGAIN getting all emotionally invested even with these flat pieces of fiction, so I guess the joke's on me!

I hope I'm wrong about the icky feeling I'm getting. And I hope that we see a smile on Em's face on Monday that equals the smiles she has in pictures with Ricky and Ricki. Right now, it still feels like Ricky was the love of her life. And everyone deserves a living, breathing love.

[QUOTE=anders332;4235230]I can’t put my finger on it, there is something ‘off’ about this whole season.
    1. We have the spoilers and previews weeks before the season even begins
    Wasn't this necessary to kind of whet the appetites of none too enthused that it would be Brad fans?
    2. We have the first girl out of the limo slap him in the face
    Again for the pissed off viewers, I would think...also followed by the 50th degree given to him by all the contestants- just so we would know this would end well.
    3. The usual ensuing drama
    4. We have poor Emily who’s
    • still grieving over the loss of the father of her child, the love of her life
    I've never liked her use of "love of her life" on a date with a new guy, but I guess it's the best way to soften a teen-age pregnancy story.
    • still wearing his engagement ring on that finger
    That annoyed me too. It was obvious tptb put her up to that.
    • goes on one ‘pivotal’ date and appears to be over it POOF
    I think it was over long before her coming onto the Bach. She's dated before, but it was needed to tell the story.
    • Is hesitant about even introducing her daughter to Brad
    Not so sure how hesitant she was in reality, but she did talk about how much Ricki liked Brad.
    • and then miraculously she accepts a proposal 2 weeks later.
    We don't know they are engaged. My guess is probably hearing all the VO's by Em talking about married life.
    5. Two weeks before the finale, we get the REAL F1 complete with SC evidence.
    It's only evidence to us/sleuthers. This is the same that happened last season with Ali. Business wise, ratings have increased- fueled by spoilers (false and "real"), media and the desire to see how it all unfolds.

It all seems so manipulated/scripted/fake.
    Agreed!

I’ve said right from the start this show was about Redemption – and maybe my mind never got past that IDK [/QUOTE]
    I agree again. I think it's not only Brad's redemption but the franchise's. Fans were pretty disappointed with the way Chris L was treated. Not only was he passed up by the lead, but his story was also exploited, so much so he opted not to go back on as lead himself. They were able to exploit Emily's story because they were pretty sure she would not be the "loser". The fan-fav wins and we forget about how she was exploited because we're so darn happy to see the "love story". Faith is renewed in Brad, but also the franchise. With all that being said, I still see that the relationship can work- it's sensible. Given where each are in life and what they say they want, I think they can provide that for one another.
    Last edited by Critical; 03-10-2011 at 01:43 PM.
    Team Fleiss!
    Cross-eyed Peaches

You know what I'd like to be? A fly on the wall at the Hendrick's house on Monday nights!!
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by babyfaceC View Post
    I was actually told (believably) by a producer that none of those dates were set up to address fears. They had no idea about Ash S's song and Chantal's and Michelle's "fears". They got "lucky" with all of those circumstances. The dates are all pre-arranged and scouted before casting. With that being said, I think it's safe to say that they knew exactly what they were doing when they actually put Emily on the nascar date
    the Fleissmonster is the master manipulator...I hope you didn't believe that..lol
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

I have ended up liking this season a lot more than I thought I would. I have liked the fact that the F1 has remained a mystery even though we had so many early spoilers. I have liked how the sleuthers on the board have worked together to try to find the true ending. I even like the fact that MF was really selective about the shots of the finale that he released so it took awhile to get photos that would help us discover the ending. Even Brad hasn't been quite as boring as I was worried he might be. I really like both Chantal and Emily and I wish them both the best in the future. As many posters have already pointed out, the Bachelor and his F1 have never stayed together in the history of the series, so it is unlikely to happen now. I would be really happy for the couple if they did stay together, but this series just might be cursed.

The low point of the Bachelor series for me was the Matt Grant season. It was so fake and hokey that I couldn't bring myself to watch very many of the episodes - and I am a die hard Bachelor fan! I like the seasons where there is at least some mystery as to what the result will be.

This is my favorite FORT emoticon. Isn't she cute? I also like this one.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    the Fleissmonster is the master manipulator...I hope you didn't believe that..lol

and....

he's setting Brad up for his next production entitled "Fear Factor - Face Them or Fail" hosted by Brad Womack and his lovely wife, Emily (Vanna White style).

Quote Originally Posted by ecbyeh View Post
    I have ended up liking this season a lot more than I thought I would. I have liked the fact that the F1 has remained a mystery even though we had so many early spoilers. I have liked how the sleuthers on the board have worked together to try to find the true ending. I even like the fact that MF was really selective about the shots of the finale that he released so it took awhile to get photos that would help us discover the ending. Even Brad hasn't been quite as boring as I was worried he might be. I really like both Chantal and Emily and I wish them both the best in the future. As many posters have already pointed out, the Bachelor and his F1 have never stayed together in the history of the series, so it is unlikely to happen now. I would be really happy for the couple if they did stay together, but this series just might be cursed.

The low point of the Bachelor series for me was the Matt Grant season. It was so fake and hokey that I couldn't bring myself to watch very many of the episodes - and I am a die hard Bachelor fan! I like the seasons where there is at least some mystery as to what the result will be.

This is my favorite FORT emoticon. Isn't she cute? I also like this one.
    Love those emotions

FORT Fan

Ya know, I'm sitting here at work and that song "Firework" is playing...remember Youtube video with Brad and his BFF's...that one were I see the goofy/fun/likeable!!!! Brad I see with Chantal....and I'm thinking...of Emily and Chantal...who would you call a 'firework'???? Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22 View Post
    Yes, losing one's fiance is tragic, but she's had umpteen seemingly unlimited dollars worth of relatives' help to recover and raise her child.
    I dunno something about this just rubbed me the wrong way. Having had to bury my own son (an infant) in 2005, I don't think there is any amount of money in the world that could take away that kind of pain. When you lose someone that close to you you truly never "get over it". It is a pain you just learn to live with and I can't believe some of the cold-hearted comments like this that have been said about Emily and her loss, which was indeed very tragic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ummtalhah View Post
    I dunno something about this just rubbed me the wrong way. Having had to bury my own son (an infant) in 2005, I don't think there is any amount of money in the world that could take away that kind of pain. When you lose someone that close to you you truly never "get over it". It is a pain you just learn to live with and I can't believe some of the cold-hearted comments like this that have been said about Emily and her loss, which was indeed very tragic.
    Thank you!! A million times agreed. Money doesn't make everything better and can sometimes make things worse. If a woman lost her child I doubt a billion dollars in the bank account would make her feel better or change the fact that it might halt the progression of her life as she tries to recover if she can. Death is the great equalizer.