Page 49 of 328 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445464748495051525354555657585999149 ... LastLast

Thread: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

Re: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

I might believe they didn't know Ashley's song if it had been a guest spot by Lady Gaga singing PokerFace but I think Seal is a bit obscure (although kiss from a rose is very bachelor friendly)
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

I wish I was motivated to go back and watch an old episode or two, because their time together has seemed punctuated by long silences and trivial conversation.

I guess I was focused on Chantal and didn't pay attention to what was there when he was with Emily. In my mind, they didn't show an Emily/Brad romance beyond Brad being in awe of her beauty and Emily finding it hard to string sentences into a paragraph when with Brad.

He always looked happy and laughing with Chantal and he talked of physical attraction. They seemed so pleased to be in each other's company.

Both girls seem great, but I wish the editors had left more of Emily's personality into the script.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    I can’t put my finger on it, there is something ‘off’ about this whole season.
    1. We have the spoilers and previews weeks before the season even begins
    2. We have the first girl out of the limo slap him in the face
    3. The usual ensuing drama
    4. We have poor Emily who’s
    • still grieving over the loss of the father of her child, the love of her life
    • still wearing his engagement ring on that finger
    • goes on one ‘pivotal’ date and appears to be over it POOF
    • Is hesitant about even introducing her daughter to Brad
    • and then miraculously she accepts a proposal 2 weeks later.
    5. Two weeks before the finale, we get the REAL F1 complete with SC evidence.

It all seems so manipulated/scripted/fake.

I’ve said right from the start this show was about Redemption – and maybe my mind never got past that IDK
    Well...that's HOLLYWOOD for ya!

Quote Originally Posted by iwatchtv View Post
    I have a friend whose family refuses to travel on a certain road in our area because the husband had an aunt die in a car accident on that road when he was younger. She said he gets emotional just thinking about traveling on that road.
    How people deal with loss is so individual. I've had several family members die over the years and a few have died on significant birthdays of other friends and family.....I don't have that "anniversary grief" that other people do when the the sadness really hits them on the anniversary of the death. My grief hits me at different moments/times of the year, and thankfully, it has diminished over the years.

What I'm trying to say is while I don't put anything (and I mean ANYTHING) past MF and his league of ...(we need a Wizard of Oz flying monkeys emoticon here ), I can't speak to how Emily resolved her feelings toward race tracks, or that race track in particular. I'm sorry for your friend's loss. The loss of a loved one is never easy.

I'm still waiting for Victor Newman's *or insert any other soap moneybags* last will to name me as his heiress.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Both of these young ladies are blessed by being beautiful, sweet, and have loving families to support them, financial and otherwise. We should all be so lucky.
    Quote Originally Posted by iwatchtv View Post
    That is exactly what people should remember. Both were raised by loving, supportive families. They both seem to be loving and supportive women who have had things happen in their lives that have made them emotionally stronger at a young age. They should not be trashed by people who know nothing about their situation. I enjoy watching reality tv because it is a stress reliever for me, just like watching sports on tv is a stress reliever for my husband. I don't get so emotionally invested that I feel like any contestant is my best friend and I have to trash another contestant out of loyalty to my "best friend". This reminds me of elderly ladies who become so invested in their soap operas that they don't realize that they are not real.
    For me I like both Emily and Chantal... I don't see a long term lasting relationship with either of them and Brad.

What we argue about on here is how F1 gets there, especially when you have MF and his team editing them to look either like a plastic replica of themselves devoid of any emotion or whiny, crying, emotional mess..

Quote Originally Posted by LuvThisStuf! View Post
    How people deal with loss is so individual. I've had several family members die over the years and a few have died on significant birthdays of other friends and family.....I don't have that "anniversary grief" that other people do when the the sadness really hits them on the anniversary of the death. My grief hits me at different moments/times of the year, and thankfully, it has diminished over the years.

What I'm trying to say is while I don't put anything (and I mean ANYTHING) past MF and his league of ...(we need a Wizard of Oz flying monkeys emoticon here ), I can't speak to how Emily resolved her feelings toward race tracks, or that race track in particular. I'm sorry for your friend's loss. The loss of a loved one is never easy.
    Death is hard. Some people take it better or differently than others. Our family experienced 4 cancers, 2 died, 4 other deaths which 3 of those were heart issues in 2 years. It was a very bad time for all of us. Each one of us handled it a little different. It has been years and I still miss them. I do think of them and sometimes there are tears. Not for long but then the sadness is replaced with happy memories.

I really don't see this is as personal since I think it's a well known fact that we are discussing characters created by editors. The real girls are probably quite different.

Look what they did to Michele and her whacky sense of humor.

FORT Regular

I agree that how people handle their grief is different and that the manipulation of MF this season has been over the top. We don't know how much manipulation he did any other season because there hasn't been a situation as public as Emily's. It is not Emily's fault how MF has portrayed her, just like it is not Chantal's fault he has started portraying her as overly emotional. Both seem to be strong women, but it is not coming across that way. I also believe that MF fed RS misinformation and has edited the show to support that misinformation. I still don't understand why people are acting like Emily stole their best friend's boyfriend and are trashing her. They know what Fleiss does but they are acting like Laurel and Cori.

Quote Originally Posted by glowgirl View Post
    I really don't see this is as personal since I think it's a well known fact that we are discussing characters created by editors. The real girls are probably quite different.

Look what they did to Michele and her whacky sense of humor.
    Very true. MF only let us see a slice of the real girls if any.