Page 48 of 328 FirstFirst ... 38394041424344454647484950515253545556575898148 ... LastLast

Thread: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

Re: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

Quote Originally Posted by babyfaceC View Post
    I was actually told (believably) by a producer that none of those dates were set up to address fears. They had no idea about Ash S's song and Chantal's and Michelle's "fears". They got "lucky" with all of those circumstances. The dates are all pre-arranged and scouted before casting. With that being said, I think it's safe to say that they knew exactly what they were doing when they actually put Emily on the nascar date
    Sweet, nave BFC they lied to you.
    No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible. George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

I was actually told (believably) by a producer that none of those dates were set up to address fears. They had no idea about Ash S's song and Chantal's and Michelle's "fears". They got "lucky" with all of those circumstances. The dates are all pre-arranged and scouted before casting. With that being said, I think it's safe to say that they knew exactly what they were doing when they actually put Emily on the nascar date
    You might not feel comfortable calling bullpucky on that...but I do.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    BIG TIME... TPTB live to lie..

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    I don't believe it either, no offense BFC

Quote Originally Posted by PinkIsTheWord View Post
    I don't believe it either, no offense BFC
    none taken. I consider myself a pretty perceptive person and I'm very aware of some of the tricks and stuff they do...TP and I talked about it for a while and TP had zero reason to lie to me in that situation. I know it doesn't fit the "evil empire's" reputation but it's probably the truth. Not to say they didn't love the fact that it gave them an editing theme after the fact. TP was actually excited at how it turned out. I guess it doesn't matter if it's believed. Most people won't believe it. I think its another example of how people are going to believe what fits their idea.

none taken. I consider myself a pretty perceptive person and I'm very aware of some of the tricks and stuff they do...TP and I talked about it for a while and TP had zero reason to lie to me in that situation. I know it doesn't fit the "evil empire's" reputation but it's probably the truth. Not to say they didn't love the fact that it gave them an editing theme after the fact. TP was actually excited at how it turned out. I guess it doesn't matter if it's believed. Most people won't believe it. I think its another example of how people are going to believe what fits their idea.
    Thanks for the further explanation

Ok..Ashley/dad's favorite song- Chantal/fear of deep water-Emily/private planes/Nascar-Michelle/fear of heights- Alli/fear of bugs. I'm sure I'm forgetting some other dates..but to me..it goes beyond mere coincidence
    I think the purpose is to let emotions run high and have Brad step in..it makes for a better viewing experience I guess..or even help mimick some feelings that might not be there in the first place..those fear induced emotions/feelings are fillers if you will!
    Last edited by Green; 03-10-2011 at 12:32 PM.

Thanks for the insight, bfc. I also thought putting Emily on the nascar date was something MF couldn't in a million years pass up doing. I never mentioned it before, because I really don't care, but Em's reaction shouldn't have come as so much of a surprise to Brad because she told him her fiance "was a racer" on their 1st date (at dinner in the barn). Maybe Brad thought bikes or horses, but cars comes first to my mind. Regardless, I'm very happy for them and went back to rewatch their dates and love their love story! Thanks again for filling us in on things!

Quote Originally Posted by reality-luv31 View Post
    What's giving you pause? And I'm asking earnestly cause I want to try and see things from your POV. Maybe we should take this to the Gen. discussion thread.
    BTW, I'm with you on the videos and declarations. I've tried hard to romanticize any of this, but I do see them working out for some reason.
    I can’t put my finger on it, there is something ‘off’ about this whole season.
    1. We have the spoilers and previews weeks before the season even begins
    2. We have the first girl out of the limo slap him in the face
    3. The usual ensuing drama
    4. We have poor Emily who’s
    • still grieving over the loss of the father of her child, the love of her life
    • still wearing his engagement ring on that finger
    • goes on one ‘pivotal’ date and appears to be over it POOF
    • Is hesitant about even introducing her daughter to Brad
    • and then miraculously she accepts a proposal 2 weeks later.
    5. Two weeks before the finale, we get the REAL F1 complete with SC evidence.

It all seems so manipulated/scripted/fake.

I’ve said right from the start this show was about Redemption – and maybe my mind never got past that IDK
    No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible. George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by cnewman525 View Post
    I think the NASCAR date is probably the main thing I had issue with this season regarding Emily. When I watched that episode I didnt know at the time that she had been around race tracks many times after her fiancee's death....even hosting a racing show right? I truly thought she was that emotional because she had not been around racing because of the tragedy she had experienced. And while I am sure some of the emotion was very real on that date and it was hard for her at times, I think we were being pushed into a lot of sympathy for her. That date just seems so created for drama's sakes to me now. JMO.
    I have a friend whose family refuses to travel on a certain road in our area because the husband had an aunt die in a car accident on that road when he was younger. She said he gets emotional just thinking about traveling on that road.