Page 47 of 328 FirstFirst ... 37383940414243444546474849505152535455565797147 ... LastLast

Thread: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

FORT Fogey

Re: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

Quote Originally Posted by babyfaceC View Post
    Good point. Maybe raising a daughter is her full time job and, to her, is more valuable than a career or a history degree. Who knows
    This issues gets rather complicated, rather quickly. First, I think it is a choice made by the woman and the man and the circumstances. Next, I truly, truly think that sometimes the woman's vocation comes into play. If she is in one of the care-giving fields such as medicine, education, or ministerial, etc., then what she does or gives back into countless other people's lives on a daily basis over years comes into play as well and just may need to be weighed out as well as she has a gift that that might need to be spread about.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    I'm with you, NV. I hope so too. But history tells us otherwise. That stay at home mom pursued a career in front of the cameras twice that we know of before this show (that makes three times!) and had a stint selling real estate for a while. Nothing wrong with any of that, except that it doesn't jive with the stay at home mom descriptor that I keep reading. Emily is young and changes her mind a lot about what she wants to do, it appears to me. Also nothing wrong with that. This last decision (engagement to Brad) seems to have some pretty stiff consequences if it falls by the wayside like her others have. I hope this time it's for real. But I haven't seen anything to convince me that it is.
    The Emily I saw at the beginning of the show is different then the end. I think going into it she didn't know what to expect and thought maybe she would get something out of it. I think as time went on though she realized Brad is a really good guy. When he was telling her all that stuff on their FD in front of the elephants she looked like she was about to cry. I think she is now realizing he does care about her and her daughter... he seems to love her and her daughter... she would be dumb not to give the guy a shot. The engagement aspect of this show is another story itself. I kind of feel the same about these two as I did Brad and Deanna... there's an attraction there...have to give it shot.

Almost every season we have reunion footage of past contestants and it's always the same people with added folks from the previous season - it's not an accident we keep seeing the same people attend these functions - it has a cult like feel about it. Then add Bachelor Pad on top of that and it's very hard to look at The Bachelor/ette as anything other than a vehicle towards possible notariety/stardom.

who knew Travis stork would also be in it for the fame?
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    I'm with you, NV. I hope so too. But history tells us otherwise. That stay at home mom pursued a career in front of the cameras twice that we know of before this show (that makes three times!) and had a stint selling real estate for a while. Nothing wrong with any of that, except that it doesn't jive with the stay at home mom descriptor that I keep reading. Emily is young and changes her mind a lot about what she wants to do, it appears to me. Also nothing wrong with that. This last decision (engagement to Brad) seems to have some pretty stiff consequences if it falls by the wayside like her others have. I hope this time it's for real. But I haven't seen anything to convince me that it is.
    Being a Stay at home mom, I can understand the desire to want to do something that will still allow you to remain a stay at home mom. I was a hairstylist for 11 years and when I had my son, I went into real estate because it was much more flexible hours, considering my husband does the same thing. From what I see, I see a woman trying to make her own way and figure out what will be best for her and her daughter. No different than a 24 yr old woman who may have recently graduated college and may or may not do what she received education for. I certainly wouldn't put her job decisions and her decision to marry Brad (if that's what happened) in the same category. My guess is that though she marries, she will still seek out what her career options are.
    Team Fleiss!
    Cross-eyed Peaches

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Noobslueth View Post
    The Emily I saw at the beginning of the show is different then the end. I think going into it she didn't know what to expect and thought maybe she would get something out of it. I think as time went on though she realized Brad is a really good guy. When he was telling her all that stuff on their FD in front of the elephants she looked like she was about to cry. I think she is now realizing he does care about her and her daughter... he seems to love her and her daughter... she would be dumb not to give the guy a shot. The engagement aspect of this show is another story itself. I kind of feel the same about these two as I did Brad and Deanna... there's an attraction there...have to give it shot.
    Now, there's a sensible conclusion to this stupid season. ICAM. It's when all the true love forever, hearts and flowers, short engagements, to almost immediate weddings, and on and on and on BS starts that I start rolling my eyes. I think the most anyone can hope for from this show is to find someone to date, and see where it goes.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Noobslueth View Post
    Isn't this how everyone is? Jillian is now on Extreme Home Makeover, Does Ali even work? You know the job she said she was going to go back and fight for? Melissa Rycroft Strickland (nuff said) Vienna and Gia actively campaigning to be the next Bette. Ashley H, former dental student now doing the Bette... the list goes on.

Something tells me though that Emily never auditioned for the Bachelor... I think MF tracked her down and rewarded her handsomely ...same with Michele. Still very suspicious about Chantal and her trying out twice... why would she feel the need to do that? She's another that clearly has no problem finding herself a good man at home.

I am right there on the manipulation and ulterior motives but I'll be damned if it's going to keep me from watching some good train wreck tv. I watch about 80% of this show in snark attack mode.

Ali works part time doing segments for FOX 5 News in San Diego.

Quote Originally Posted by cnewman525 View Post
    Very true that there have been many other racing type dates on the show. I guess what I was trying to say is that for me personally it felt "set up" for this season considering Emily and her background. Which was the point I guess. Not that any of that is her fault though......
    Any more setup than Ashley S' Seal Kiss from a rose date or the dates setup that matched the girls biggest fears (Chantal's 1st date, Michelle's date, etc.)?

FORT Newbie

[QUOTE=anders332;4235166]Almost every season we have reunion footage of past contestants and it's always the same people with added folks from the previous season - it's not an accident we keep seeing the same people attend these functions - it has a cult like feel about it. Then add Bachelor Pad on top of that and it's very hard to look at The Bachelor/ette as anything other than a vehicle towards possible notariety/stardom.

who knew Travis stork would also be in it for the fame?[/QUOTE]

Maybe he was. Only he knows. I think being on this show opens a lot of doors for the contestants. They don't necessarily have to go in it for fame but maybe respond to the opportunities that come their way. It' a little price to pay for all the personal stuff they expose IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by nikkij_26 View Post
    Any more setup than Ashley S' Seal Kiss from a rose date or the dates setup that matched the girls biggest fears (Chantal's 1st date, Michelle's date, etc.)?
    I was actually told (believably) by a producer that none of those dates were set up to address fears. They had no idea about Ash S's song and Chantal's and Michelle's "fears". They got "lucky" with all of those circumstances. The dates are all pre-arranged and scouted before casting. With that being said, I think it's safe to say that they knew exactly what they were doing when they actually put Emily on the nascar date

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    Almost every season we have reunion footage of past contestants and it's always the same people with added folks from the previous season - it's not an accident we keep seeing the same people attend these functions - it has a cult like feel about it. Then add Bachelor Pad on top of that and it's very hard to look at The Bachelor/ette as anything other than a vehicle towards possible notariety/stardom.

who knew Travis stork would also be in it for the fame?
    The bolded is the one thing I can't stand about it! I don't mind them finding opportunities in other areas, but when they continually dip in that incestuous pool of Bach-ette alumni, I get annoyed. I think it's great when they can go on to do bigger and better things, but going to reunion parties and hooking up and trying to stay relevant through Twitter and connections to RS, is not bigger or better, imo. It's desperate!
    Team Fleiss!
    Cross-eyed Peaches