Page 45 of 328 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041424344454647484950515253545595145 ... LastLast

Thread: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

Re: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

Quote Originally Posted by lithargic View Post
    I fell sorry for any women who feel this way. They have obviously not found found the right man. There are plenty of us men who appreciate women for more than meeting our basic needs and stroking our egos. Many us want a best friend to talk to to each night, someone with whom we can share our hopes and dreams, someone to laugh with and to cry with, someone with whom we can build a family and a safe place to raise our children, someone with whom we can grow old together. I am so blessed to have found that in my life.

Try filling those voids in your man's life and you might find there is another side to him that you never knew existed.
    So understand...I found the man of my dreams. It is a shame that people are so critical and cut things to shreds. Maybe they just have not found it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22 View Post
    Maybe it has to do with her being handed everything on a silver platter, so she has no history of having to give in order to receive.
    Do either of the F2 have a "history" having to give in order to receive? Do we really even know their history or their work ethic? Looks like they both grew up without money being a main concern, right? Did Chantal HAVE to work at the dealership? Did Emily HAVE to volunteer at the hospital? Viewers want to put these 2 people into these tidy little simple boxes with simple descriptions based on what we've been told about them by show. (not by them). There are so much more to these people (good and not so good) that we don't know. Neither should be put too high on a pedestal or passed off as a bad person, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobslueth View Post
    In my origainal post I wasn't implying that men don't feel or have emotions... that you can't be friends with them blah blah blah.... Men are much more simple then women though. DH doesn't care if the house is a mess because he knows it's 30 times nicer than his "bachelor pad"ever was. He wouldn't care if I made chicken nuggets or steak every night for dinner(no veggies nec). I think over-analyzing men is only going to get you a headache. Oh yeah here's another... "how do I look" ... his answer "good" ..."what?! just good?!". Or what color is this? "it's blue"... "no it's navy"... see they think in simpler terms than women. I could go on and on.
    Please don't!

Quote Originally Posted by lithargic View Post
    I fell sorry for any women who feel this way. They have obviously not found found the right man. There are plenty of us men who appreciate women for more than meeting our basic needs and stroking our egos. Many us want a best friend to talk to to each night, someone with whom we can share our hopes and dreams, someone to laugh with and to cry with, someone with whom we can build a family and a safe place to raise our children, someone with whom we can grow old together. I am so blessed to have found that in my life.

Try filling those voids in your man's life and you might find there is another side to him that you never knew existed.
    great post lith, my DH was much like you.... you have a lucky wife. I never felt that I had to stroke my husbands ego, I just appreciated him, all that he was and all he did for our family. A mutual love and respect can have amazing, lasting results.

Love and appreciate your man ladies 'cause you just never know which day might be your last day with him.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by babyfaceC View Post
    Do either of the F2 have a "history" having to give in order to receive? Do we really even know their history or their work ethic? Looks like they both grew up without money being a main concern, right? Did Chantal HAVE to work at the dealership? Did Emily HAVE to volunteer at the hospital? Viewers want to put these 2 people into these tidy little simple boxes with simple descriptions based on what we've been told about them by show. (not by them). There are so much more to these people (good and not so good) that we don't know. Neither should be put too high on a pedestal or passed off as a bad person, either.
    So true...but as Brad would say "It's the nature of the Beast" and a by-product of 'the show must go on'!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by babyfaceC View Post
    I'm not denying that Chantal may have had an easier time than some due to her family's wealth. Probably the adult Trump kids did, too, but they all made sure to get an excellent education and seem to work hard in the Trump organization. If they do any volunteer work, I'm sure it's in addition to their careers, not instead of a career or education. The post and the discussion that I was responding to was about Emily, not Chantal.

I'm not denying that Chantal may have had an easier time than some due to her family's wealth. Probably the adult Trump kids did, too, but they all made sure to get an excellent education and seem to work hard in the Trump organization. If they do any volunteer work, I'm sure it's in addition to their careers, not instead of a career or education. The post and the discussion that I was responding to was about Emily, not Chantal.
    Good point. Maybe raising a daughter is her full time job and, to her, is more valuable than a career or a history degree. Who knows

Quote Originally Posted by nikkij_26 View Post
    The Bachelor didn't create a NASCAR date just for Emily. The Bachelor has done versions of a NASCAR date for both the Bachelor & beachelorette before. It has more to do with ABC and the fact that they show NASCAR races on the channel every year and cross promotion than it had anything to do with Emily.

Very true that there have been many other racing type dates on the show. I guess what I was trying to say is that for me personally it felt "set up" for this season considering Emily and her background. Which was the point I guess. Not that any of that is her fault though......

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer View Post
    great post lith, my DH was much like you.... you have a lucky wife. I never felt that I had to stroke my husbands ego, I just appreciated him, all that he was and all he did for our family. A mutual love and respect can have amazing, lasting results.

Love and appreciate your man ladies 'cause you just never know which day might be your last day with him.
    I am glad that you two had such a wonderful relationship and I join you in wishing that it had lasted even longer.

I think that women who never had that in their lives tend to become cynical about men. But Sometimes I wonder which is the cause and which is the affect.

Maybe it has to do with her being handed everything on a silver platter, so she has no history of having to give in order to receive.
    You sound so jealous. I would imagine Emily would have traded that for Rick. She did not have that option. It is easy to sit back and cut her down for things that are out of her control but that really is not fair.