Page 44 of 328 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940414243444546474849505152535494144 ... LastLast

Thread: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

Re: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

Quote Originally Posted by cnewman525 View Post
    I think the NASCAR date is probably the main thing I had issue with this season regarding Emily. When I watched that episode I didnt know at the time that she had been around race tracks many times after her fiancee's death....even hosting a racing show right? I truly thought she was that emotional because she had not been around racing because of the tragedy she had experienced. And while I am sure some of the emotion was very real on that date and it was hard for her at times, I think we were being pushed into a lot of sympathy for her. That date just seems so created for drama's sakes to me now. JMO.
    The Bachelor didn't create a NASCAR date just for Emily. The Bachelor has done versions of a NASCAR date for both the Bachelor & beachelorette before. It has more to do with ABC and the fact that they show NASCAR races on the channel every year and cross promotion than it had anything to do with Emily.

Quote Originally Posted by lithargic View Post
    I fell sorry for any women who feel this way. They have obviously not found found the right man. There are plenty of us men who appreciate women for more than meeting our basic needs and stroking our egos. Many us want a best friend to talk to to each night, someone with whom we can share our hopes and dreams, someone to laugh with and to cry with, someone with whom we can build a family and a safe place to raise our children, someone with whom we can grow old together. I am so blessed to have found that in my life.

Try filling those voids in your man's life and you might find there is another side to him that you never knew existed.
    I happen to agree with you. I did oversimply!
    Team Fleiss!
    Cross-eyed Peaches

Quote Originally Posted by lithargic View Post
    I fell sorry for any women who feel this way. They have obviously not found found the right man. There are plenty of us men who appreciate women for more than meeting our basic needs and stroking our egos. Many us want a best friend to talk to to each night, someone with whom we can share our hopes and dreams, someone to laugh with and to cry with, someone with whom we can build a family and a safe place to raise our children, someone with whom we can grow old together. I am so blessed to have found that in my life.

Try filling those voids in your man's life and you might find there is another side to him that you never knew existed.
    In my origainal post I wasn't implying that men don't feel or have emotions... that you can't be friends with them blah blah blah.... Men are much more simple then women though. DH doesn't care if the house is a mess because he knows it's 30 times nicer than his "bachelor pad"ever was. He wouldn't care if I made chicken nuggets or steak every night for dinner(no veggies nec). I think over-analyzing men is only going to get you a headache. Oh yeah here's another... "how do I look" ... his answer "good" ..."what?! just good?!". Or what color is this? "it's blue"... "no it's navy"... see they think in simpler terms than women. I could go on and on.

FORT Newbie

JMO - I believe that Emily was so shaken at the Vegas track because that is where Ricky had crashed prior to his death and that accident has actually ended his driving career at that time. She had been to tracks after his death but had not been to the Vegas track - Also, it was stated that Ricky had tried to get her to drive a car several times and she had always declined. Getting in that car may have very well been a gift to Ricky and allowed her to find closure as well.

Quote Originally Posted by skitts View Post
    After reading last night's passionate posts...I'm driving into work this am and thinking, what is it about Emily that I can't embrace...no malice intended but here goes...

The general viewing audience watches this show and accepts it at face value, however, posters here on FORT analyze and speculate beyond what is shown to the point of moles and hair texture. Emily's backstory combined with her personality/demeanor scream "wounded bird who needs saved". Her comment to Brad "I sabatoge every relationship" induces a 'feel sorry for me'...if she has sabatoged more than one relationship...shouldn't she take a step back and realize she's not ready to date yet. Her comment of "a billion guys who can not handle my past"...don't understand that one at all...what can not be handled? She's a beautiful women with a precious child....like many others in this wide world...what's the problem...what is so unique about her than can not be handled? I would think if she's ready to move on she would "downplay" her past with any relationship. Her past must be forefront in any current relationship she pursues since said man "can not handle it".

I have continually questioned why Emily went on this show in the first place. She is a gorgeous woman with social connections, financial independence (could care less where it comes from and frankly, none of my business) and a 5 year under her protection at home. I would think she came on this show knowing full well the public/media scrutiny involved. Why "dredge up" the past and subject herself and well as Hendricks to this scrutiny and raw emotions once again? All so she can have an "adventure" or find true love with the real possibility that her heart may be broken once again as was in the past?

To me, Emily is an enigma....tragic backstory....shy/sweet/reserved...enhanced looks of bleached hair, over-done make up, boob job, sexy mini skirts....I can not seem to reconcile all of this without speculation!
    I can't begin to understand simply because I am average looking, although I have heard the following: Sometimes very pretty women and in the case of both Emily and Chantal, women with wealth are often deemed s too pretty and are unapproachable. Perhaps, this was part of their problem. Oh wow, it just dawned upon me, The B/Ette series is really better than DR. Drew, pure therapy. If these are their problems beforehand the show cures. Look at the recent record, Ali, Ashley H & S, Chantal, Shawntel. Stupid me, should have thought of this earlier, it is so apparent now..
    I know I'm in my own little world, but it's OK. They know me here.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer View Post
    Oh, I see him courting her too... but do you see it being returned from her? that's what I'm not seeing.
    Maybe it has to do with her being handed everything on a silver platter, so she has no history of having to give in order to receive.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobslueth View Post
    In my origainal post I wasn't implying that men don't feel or have emotions... that you can't be friends with them blah blah blah.... Men are much more simple then women though. DH doesn't care if the house is a mess because he knows it's 30 times nicer than his "bachelor pad"ever was. He wouldn't care if I made chicken nuggets or steak every night for dinner(no veggies nec). I think over-analyzing men is only going to get you a headache. Oh yeah here's another... "how do I look" ... his answer "good" ..."what?! just good?!". Or what color is this? "it's blue"... "no it's navy"... see they think in simpler terms than women. I could go on and on.
    Soo, so true! We judge what they say and do based on what we think which is more often than not, not even on their radar.
    Team Fleiss!
    Cross-eyed Peaches

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    I was wondering if anyone has made a video of any other girls besides Emily and Chantal with Brad? I am thinking that set to the right music I could be convinced any girl is THE one....I'm susceptible to suggestion that way.
    Sure, you pick the right scenes, a nice piece of music, bam, you've got a love story. Movie makers do it all the time.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by skitts View Post
    After reading last night's passionate posts...I'm driving into work this am and thinking, what is it about Emily that I can't embrace...no malice intended but here goes...

The general viewing audience watches this show and accepts it at face value, however, posters here on FORT analyze and speculate beyond what is shown to the point of moles and hair texture. Emily's backstory combined with her personality/demeanor scream "wounded bird who needs saved". Her comment to Brad "I sabatoge every relationship" induces a 'feel sorry for me'...if she has sabatoged more than one relationship...shouldn't she take a step back and realize she's not ready to date yet. Her comment of "a billion guys who can not handle my past"...don't understand that one at all...what can not be handled? She's a beautiful women with a precious child....like many others in this wide world...what's the problem...what is so unique about her than can not be handled? I would think if she's ready to move on she would "downplay" her past with any relationship. Her past must be forefront in any current relationship she pursues since said man "can not handle it".

I have continually questioned why Emily went on this show in the first place. She is a gorgeous woman with social connections, financial independence (could care less where it comes from and frankly, none of my business) and a 5 year under her protection at home. I would think she came on this show knowing full well the public/media scrutiny involved. Why "dredge up" the past and subject herself and well as Hendricks to this scrutiny and raw emotions once again? All so she can have an "adventure" or find true love with the real possibility that her heart may be broken once again as was in the past?

To me, Emily is an enigma....tragic backstory....shy/sweet/reserved...enhanced looks of bleached hair, over-done make up, boob job, sexy mini skirts....I can not seem to reconcile all of this without speculation!
    Great synthesis of many good points, and what many have been thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by ajagain View Post
    JMO - I believe that Emily was so shaken at the Vegas track because that is where Ricky had crashed prior to his death and that accident has actually ended his driving career at that time. She had been to tracks after his death but had not been to the Vegas track - Also, it was stated that Ricky had tried to get her to drive a car several times and she had always declined. Getting in that car may have very well been a gift to Ricky and allowed her to find closure as well.
    You are absolutely correct

Notice how the CH that goes on and on about the hurdles Bremily has to overcome and not sure it's going to work out is that same one that was singing their praises after the NASCAR date because of how they over came the hurdle.

It's no surprise that every season the producers set up a story line for some of the contestants. Usually it's quite annoying ... OMG Tenley!! But it helps create a fan base I guess. The Vegas date was nothing more than to show Emily's closure process *cough* even though she probably had closure way before that.