Page 42 of 328 FirstFirst ... 32333435363738394041424344454647484950515292142 ... LastLast

Thread: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

Re: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer View Post
    Oh, I see him courting her too... but do you see it being returned from her? that's what I'm not seeing.
    If you notice, she is the one that initiates most if not all of their kisses. They have this subtle dance going- he courts her, she rewards him with affection or at least permission to be affectionate.
    Team Fleiss!
    Cross-eyed Peaches

I think for me, what I'm observing with Brad and Emily is what I saw when watching Jason and Melissa. Jason persued Melissa, she was the person that he thought he'd never stand a chance with in real life and he bought into the image of who she was pretending to be... when she told Jason that she wanted to teach first grade and spend her summers with her kids, I gagged cause she was just telling him what she thought he wanted to hear. He wised up quickly and went with the girl that fell for him, Jason the man and not Jason the Bachelor. I'm seeing the same thing repeat with Brad, he chose the girl that he felt was out of his league in normal circumstances and will eventually be alone again. I'm going to just hope that Laurel never ever comes back into the picture.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by reality-luv31 View Post
    If you notice, she is the one that initiates most if not all of their kisses. They have this subtle dance going- he courts her, she rewards him with affection or at least permission to be affectionate.
    wow, every guys dream... to be rewarded for good behaviour with permission to be affectionate and to receive it...
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

I don't see the passion either. Maybe that's what he meant when he said to CH that it felt like he'd known her a decade totally skipping the honeymoon stage
    Go to YouTube and search on Brad Womack and Emily Maynard and look for the video You said it best.

wow, every guys dream... to be rewarded for good behaviour with permission to be affectionate and to receive it...
    I'm just saying, you can't say there is nothing coming from her side. He's doing the courting and she's initiating intimacy. If she were just going through the motions she would just allow him to do what he does without any acknowledgement of any kind. She let's him know how much she appreciates his efforts through words and affection. It obviously works, because he keeps doing it.
    Team Fleiss!
    Cross-eyed Peaches

I think for me, what I'm observing with Brad and Emily is what I saw when watching Jason and Melissa. Jason persued Melissa, she was the person that he thought he'd never stand a chance with in real life and he bought into the image of who she was pretending to be... when she told Jason that she wanted to teach first grade and spend her summers with her kids, I gagged cause she was just telling him what she thought he wanted to hear. He wised up quickly and went with the girl that fell for him, Jason the man and not Jason the Bachelor. I'm seeing the same thing repeat with Brad, he chose the girl that he felt was out of his league in normal circumstances and will eventually be alone again. I'm going to just hope that Laurel never ever comes back into the picture.
    ICAM. I also feel/felt the same away about Andy/Bevin/Tessa Bermuda Triangle.

But then again I didn't see anything too ridiculously emotional with A&R until their love for each other and heat was pretty much melting my screen during the finale.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

FORT Fan

After reading last night's passionate posts...I'm driving into work this am and thinking, what is it about Emily that I can't embrace...no malice intended but here goes...

The general viewing audience watches this show and accepts it at face value, however, posters here on FORT analyze and speculate beyond what is shown to the point of moles and hair texture. Emily's backstory combined with her personality/demeanor scream "wounded bird who needs saved". Her comment to Brad "I sabatoge every relationship" induces a 'feel sorry for me'...if she has sabatoged more than one relationship...shouldn't she take a step back and realize she's not ready to date yet. Her comment of "a billion guys who can not handle my past"...don't understand that one at all...what can not be handled? She's a beautiful women with a precious child....like many others in this wide world...what's the problem...what is so unique about her than can not be handled? I would think if she's ready to move on she would "downplay" her past with any relationship. Her past must be forefront in any current relationship she pursues since said man "can not handle it".

I have continually questioned why Emily went on this show in the first place. She is a gorgeous woman with social connections, financial independence (could care less where it comes from and frankly, none of my business) and a 5 year under her protection at home. I would think she came on this show knowing full well the public/media scrutiny involved. Why "dredge up" the past and subject herself and well as Hendricks to this scrutiny and raw emotions once again? All so she can have an "adventure" or find true love with the real possibility that her heart may be broken once again as was in the past?

To me, Emily is an enigma....tragic backstory....shy/sweet/reserved...enhanced looks of bleached hair, over-done make up, boob job, sexy mini skirts....I can not seem to reconcile all of this without speculation!

Guys really are simple minded creatures though I thought food was the way to their heart.

Quote Originally Posted by skitts View Post
    After reading last night's passionate posts...I'm driving into work this am and thinking, what is it about Emily that I can't embrace...no malice intended but here goes...

The general viewing audience watches this show and accepts it at face value, however, posters here on FORT analyze and speculate beyond what is shown to the point of moles and hair texture. Emily's backstory combined with her personality/demeanor scream "wounded bird who needs saved". Her comment to Brad "I sabatoge every relationship" induces a 'feel sorry for me'...if she has sabatoged more than one relationship...shouldn't she take a step back and realize she's not ready to date yet. Her comment of "a billion guys who can not handle my past"...don't understand that one at all...what can not be handled? She's a beautiful women with a precious child....like many others in this wide world...what's the problem...what is so unique about her than can not be handled? I would think if she's ready to move on she would "downplay" her past with any relationship. Her past must be forefront in any current relationship she pursues since said man "can not handle it".

I have continually questioned why Emily went on this show in the first place. She is a gorgeous woman with social connections, financial independence (could care less where it comes from and frankly, none of my business) and a 5 year under her protection at home. I would think she came on this show knowing full well the public/media scrutiny involved. Why "dredge up" the past and subject herself and well as Hendricks to this scrutiny and raw emotions once again? All so she can have an "adventure" or find true love with the real possibility that her heart may be broken once again as was in the past?

To me, Emily is an enigma....tragic backstory....shy/sweet/reserved...enhanced looks of bleached hair, over-done make up, boob job, sexy mini skirts....I can not seem to reconcile all of this without speculation!
    It all too Disney Princess, fairies, dragons, Prince Charming on a white horse, witches, unicorns, rainbows, a single kiss and the Princess is back to life from her tragic past --- all of which one could argue are the fairy tale ending we are looking for
    BUT
    life experience has taught me that fairy tales aren't real and life is never all nice and neatly wrapped up by mice, birds and forest animals that sing love songs and delivered to you by Glenda the Good Witch..

Maybe that's why we got the "don't believe everything you see"... None of it is real; it was created purely to satisfy our fantasy of the "Fairy Tale Ending", MF the evil monster grew a heart and gave us what we've been begging for for 15 seasons..

Last edited by one71721; 03-10-2011 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobslueth View Post
    Guys really are simple minded creatures though I thought food was the way to their heart.
    You got it! The more you embrace this thought, the more you truly understand what makes them tick and trust me it's not the same as us. As long as their basic needs are being met and their ego gets stroked, they are in love. Just ask a man who has cheated, especially with a woman who may not have even been as attractive as his SO is/was and watch what he tells you.
    Team Fleiss!
    Cross-eyed Peaches