Thread: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

FORT Newbie

Re: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

I loved watching Emily and Brad last night. Their love is so strong and I hope they make it. Who here is to say any relationship is guaranteed to make it - be it B and E, Chantel and her man, nor our own. In reality ALL couples work through problems. Who doesn't have issues to work on? Brad got therapy and is a better man today than he was years ago. I admire him for working on himself and for saying he will continue to work on his issues.
    Chantel looked adorable and carried herself with dignity. Hope her relationship works out. Same with B and E. I commend them for being honest instead of giving rehersed answers. I wish them all the very best.

Count me in as someone else who liked the "unedited" Emily we saw last night, although I think she threw Brad under the bus a couple of times.

She also said the smartest thing I've ever heard anyone on this show say when she said that their issues were about how they fight and how they communicate.

If they can't get into a place where BOTH are free to say what's what, then the relationship won't work.
    Inigo Montoya: Let me explain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up. Buttercup is marry Humperdink in little less then half an hour so all we have to do is get in, break up the wedding, steal the princess, make our escape, after I kill count Rugen.

Brad's blog is up

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Noobslueth View Post
    Brad's blog is up
    I am just glad that he knows he's engaged! Brad had to ask last night.

FORT Fan

Popeater is reporting that the couple has already broken up. There's quotes from an "in-the-know" producer, saying that Emily is having trouble adjusting to the concept of the show and is insecure.

Eh, we've seen pictures of them in Austin last night, so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    Poor Emily, the girl just can't win!

While the show aired, she was accused of being too saintly and too plastic. Now, she's too controlling and emotional. So which is it?

I've got one word for what I saw during the ATFR last night - real.

I know most don't want to but let's take a look at things from Emily's POV. She just spent the last 2 months watching the man she fell in love with stick his tongue down the majority of the final 12's throats. He wined and dined them and said pretty nothings similar to what he said to her.

Even the most confident, secure woman would begin to crumble after that! And let's be honest - Brad definitely ties or beats Blob for the number of girls kissed.

What we heard from Brad & Emily last night was real. Molly admitted to tough times watching her season, as did Ryan and Roberto. Are we going to call them controlling and insecure because they felt that way too?? Unfortunately, it's the nature of the beast. The show isn't set up for happy couples - it's set up for drama and ratings. If they get a happy couple, that's a bonus. If they don't, it doesn't matter b/c they're on to the next season.

Lots of real life couples find they need to take a break - before and while married - and the decision to reunite with their significant other means they WANT to be together. It's a conscious choice. So the fact that Emily still wants to be with Brad bodes well. Hopefully, they can work out their communication issues but that's part of being in a relationship - you learn to give and take and compromise.

I think now that Emily doesn't have to share him anymore, we'll see things work out. If that was the ONLY issue they had then it should be water under the bridge now and they should consider themselves lucky. It was a beautiful love story and I'll be interested to see how it works out in the future.
    I agree about ATFR, it was real, the most "real" I've even seen one of these shows. I'll admit I was a little disappointed yesterday when RS spoilers came out about what happened at the ATFR, but after seeing it I feel that they actually have a strong chance to make in work IRL. Yes, Emily is a little insecure, and that's not the best trait to have when doing this show. Now that Monday nights are done, and she doesn't have to share Brad, hopefully that will ease some of that insecurity. I guess the one thing that gives me hope for them as a lasting couple is the fact that Emily is a reserved, and cautious person. I think she takes love very seriously, she's experienced it before, and for Emily to have told Brad she loves him, I think she's very confident he is the right man for her. Its all the chaos that comes with doing this show that cause so many couples to have problems. Its obvious the tabloids and blogs have gotten to her, because of what she said about her edit. I liked that she said she was upset about how she was portrayed. It also had to be difficult to her that Chantal was the F1 for so long, and because of the supposed spoiler, hear about this amazing connection between Brad and Chantal. The same for Chantal, it had to be difficult to hear all that knowing she wasn't F1.

I liked that they brought back Trista/Ryan, Jason/Molly, and Ali/Roberto. I really think they gave some good advice, especially Molly and Jason. My take on including them in the ATFR special wasn't just a therapy session, but I believe TP see another success story in Brad and Emily, and wanted to showcase them as a future addition to that family.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin
    Poor Emily, the girl just can't win!

While the show aired, she was accused of being too saintly and too plastic. Now, she's too controlling and emotional. So which is it?

I've got one word for what I saw during the ATFR last night - real.

I know most don't want to but let's take a look at things from Emily's POV. She just spent the last 2 months watching the man she fell in love with stick his tongue down the majority of the final 12's throats. He wined and dined them and said pretty nothings similar to what he said to her.

Even the most confident, secure woman would begin to crumble after that! And let's be honest - Brad definitely ties or beats Blob for the number of girls kissed.

What we heard from Brad & Emily last night was real. Molly admitted to tough times watching her season, as did Ryan and Roberto. Are we going to call them controlling and insecure because they felt that way too?? Unfortunately, it's the nature of the beast. The show isn't set up for happy couples - it's set up for drama and ratings. If they get a happy couple, that's a bonus. If they don't, it doesn't matter b/c they're on to the next season.

Lots of real life couples find they need to take a break - before and while married - and the decision to reunite with their significant other means they WANT to be together. It's a conscious choice. So the fact that Emily still wants to be with Brad bodes well. Hopefully, they can work out their communication issues but that's part of being in a relationship - you learn to give and take and compromise.

I think now that Emily doesn't have to share him anymore, we'll see things work out. If that was the ONLY issue they had then it should be water under the bridge now and they should consider themselves lucky. It was a beautiful love story and I'll be interested to see how it works out in the future.

I agree about ATFR, it was real, the most "real" I've even seen one of these shows. I'll admit I was a little disappointed yesterday when RS spoilers came out about what happened at the ATFR, but after seeing it I feel that they actually have a strong chance to make in work IRL. Yes, Emily is a little insecure, and that's not the best trait to have when doing this show. Now that Monday nights are done, and she doesn't have to share Brad, hopefully that will ease some of that insecurity. I guess the one thing that gives me hope for them as a lasting couple is the fact that Emily is a reserved, and cautious person. I think she takes love very seriously, she's experienced it before, and for Emily to have told Brad she loves him, I think she's very confident he is the right man for her. Its all the chaos that comes with doing this show that cause so many couples to have problems. Its obvious the tabloids and blogs have gotten to her, because of what she said about her edit. I liked that she said she was upset about how she was portrayed. It also had to be difficult to her that Chantal was the F1 for so long, and because of the supposed spoiler, hear about this amazing connection between Brad and Chantal. The same for Chantal, it had to be difficult to hear all that knowing she wasn't F1.

I liked that they brought back Trista/Ryan, Jason/Molly, and Ali/Roberto. I really think they gave some good advice, especially Molly and Jason. My take on including them in the ATFR special wasn't just a therapy session, but I believe TP see another success story in Brad and Emily, and wanted to showcase them as a future addition to that family.

This is the minority of opinion on this board; but is actually the truth. Thank you for these messages and I truly do hope that Brad and Emily make it.

Something that has bothered me for a while is that people have stopped living their lives IN their lives. Instead they are twittering, updating statuses, filming concerts through their phones etc.

I am kind of happy the interviews are limited/missing for Brad and Emily. Maybe they can concentrate on being in the moment rather than trying to make a moment around social media.

Even Chantal couldn't just enjoy being at R+K without posting updates/photos. I know everyone likes to see the stuff but what happened to just being?
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie View Post
    Popeater is reporting that the couple has already broken up. There's quotes from an "in-the-know" producer, saying that Emily is having trouble adjusting to the concept of the show and is insecure.

Eh, we've seen pictures of them in Austin last night, so who knows.
    I am sticking with my guess I made yesterday before the finale and ATFR. They are together now but will be broken up by the time Ashley's FRC airs.

I wonder if the producer was talking about when they broke up while the show was on.

As many have posted here....Brad is in Love with Emily, Emily is not in Love with Brad.

However if they make it I will gladly eat my words.