Thread: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

  1. #3161
    FORT Fanatic hooked4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    520

    Re: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

    Quote Originally Posted by lvp033 View Post
    I agree--- tough crowd around here! I thought that both Chantal and Emily handled themselves with extreme class. Emily was definitely on the receiving end with some very personal questions and I thought she did great!
    Ironically, it happens every season! Rarely does the F1 get an outpouring of love on these boards. TPTB really do their job well! It really does not even matter who the F2 is (insert name). They are usually the favorite!!

  2. #3162
    Team Choca. Brad who?! Alanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    9,066

    Re: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

    Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    Emily did just fine! And that is coming from a major Chantel fan!
    I thought she was fine-ish too. Better than Brad in any case. Brad has issues- he's mean, controlling, manipulative and so condescending to her and women in general. He reminded me of both Jake and Ty (tickles me you want a career) last night.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

  3. #3163
    Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5,563

    Re: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

    Poor Emily, the girl just can't win!

    While the show aired, she was accused of being too saintly and too plastic. Now, she's too controlling and emotional. So which is it?

    I've got one word for what I saw during the ATFR last night - real.

    I know most don't want to but let's take a look at things from Emily's POV. She just spent the last 2 months watching the man she fell in love with stick his tongue down the majority of the final 12's throats. He wined and dined them and said pretty nothings similar to what he said to her.

    Even the most confident, secure woman would begin to crumble after that! And let's be honest - Brad definitely ties or beats Blob for the number of girls kissed.

    What we heard from Brad & Emily last night was real. Molly admitted to tough times watching her season, as did Ryan and Roberto. Are we going to call them controlling and insecure because they felt that way too?? Unfortunately, it's the nature of the beast. The show isn't set up for happy couples - it's set up for drama and ratings. If they get a happy couple, that's a bonus. If they don't, it doesn't matter b/c they're on to the next season.

    Lots of real life couples find they need to take a break - before and while married - and the decision to reunite with their significant other means they WANT to be together. It's a conscious choice. So the fact that Emily still wants to be with Brad bodes well. Hopefully, they can work out their communication issues but that's part of being in a relationship - you learn to give and take and compromise.

    I think now that Emily doesn't have to share him anymore, we'll see things work out. If that was the ONLY issue they had then it should be water under the bridge now and they should consider themselves lucky. It was a beautiful love story and I'll be interested to see how it works out in the future.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

    “I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

  4. #3164
    FORT Lurker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    48

    Re: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

    I am absolutely taking BFCs word that they are stronger than ever. I don't know about you all but I can certainly say that any rough periods my man and I went through made us realize how dedicated we were to our relationship. If Emily is insecure in theirs, this rough period will force them to sink or swim, and if they swim she will gain confidence in their relationship and they will be all the stronger for it.

  5. #3165
    FORT Fan draven31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    san antonio,tx
    Posts
    357

    Re: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

    Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    Poor Emily, the girl just can't win!

    While the show aired, she was accused of being too saintly and too plastic. Now, she's too controlling and emotional. So which is it?

    I've got one word for what I saw during the ATFR last night - real.

    I know most don't want to but let's take a look at things from Emily's POV. She just spent the last 2 months watching the man she fell in love with stick his tongue down the majority of the final 12's throats. He wined and dined them and said pretty nothings similar to what he said to her.

    Even the most confident, secure woman would begin to crumble after that! And let's be honest - Brad definitely ties or beats Blob for the number of girls kissed.

    What we heard from Brad & Emily last night was real. Molly admitted to tough times watching her season, as did Ryan and Roberto. Are we going to call them controlling and insecure because they felt that way too?? Unfortunately, it's the nature of the beast. The show isn't set up for happy couples - it's set up for drama and ratings. If they get a happy couple, that's a bonus. If they don't, it doesn't matter b/c they're on to the next season.

    Lots of real life couples find they need to take a break - before and while married - and the decision to reunite with their significant other means they WANT to be together. It's a conscious choice. So the fact that Emily still wants to be with Brad bodes well. Hopefully, they can work out their communication issues but that's part of being in a relationship - you learn to give and take and compromise.

    I think now that Emily doesn't have to share him anymore, we'll see things work out. If that was the ONLY issue they had then it should be water under the bridge now and they should consider themselves lucky. It was a beautiful love story and I'll be interested to see how it works out in the future.
    ITA

    It seems that everybody complaining about Emily, commenting on what she saw and felt should remember we saw the Chantal edit the first 2/3rds of the season. I can say the Brantal fans were jumping up and down at the love story they all saw. To bad that was not real. Emily must have been more than a little upset, I would be if I saw that every week. We didn't really see the Brad and Emily love story until the very end.After the Lauren story had already hit the stands. Her head was spinning.


    I'm glad the season is over. If the only press they do is People (and Ellen ) I'm ok with it..

  6. #3166
    FORT Fogey reality-luv31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    940

    Re: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

    Quote Originally Posted by draven31 View Post
    ITA

    It seems that everybody complaining about Emily, commenting on what she saw and felt should remember we saw the Chantal edit the first 2/3rds of the season. I can say the Brantal fans were jumping up and down at the love story they all saw. To bad that was not real. Emily must have been more than a little upset, I would be if I saw that every week. We didn't really see the Brad and Emily love story until the very end.After the Lauren story had already hit the stands. Her head was spinning.


    I'm glad the season is over. If the only press they do is People (and Ellen ) I'm ok with it..
    And what makes it so much tougher, especially for this couple in particular is the long span of time between meetings. Em was left to deal with this alone. She had no outlet other than Brad without letting the cat out of the bag.
    Team Fleiss!
    Cross-eyed Peaches

  7. #3167
    FORT Fogey one71721's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,570

    Re: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

    Quote Originally Posted by reality-luv31 View Post
    And what makes it so much tougher, especially for this couple in particular is the long span of time between meetings. Em was left to deal with this alone. She had no outlet other than Brad without letting the cat out of the bag.
    They all have to deal with that. This is why I have a hard time with Emily's quasi pity party. She was in the house listening to the girls discuss their dates, she went on group dates, she was at the Rose Ceremony parties.. she saw live and in living color Brad kiss other women and NOW she has a problem with it? I ain't buying that story she's selling.

  8. #3168
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    10

    Re: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

    the ATFR show was kind of painful to watch, the bremily part. but that's the reality of relationships, there'll be bigger bumps to hurdle in the future for sure. i agree with trista, moving together may be the right move for them, for their particular case at least. straight from the horse's mouth right? that what they have is volatile. but then, how will you be able to even start a marriage with someone unless you get to experience how brad will be with your child on a daily basis first and foremost. basically it's really a relationship of brad with emily and ricki. a package deal indeed, "no doubt about it".

    on brad and emily, i'm not taking away the fact that maybe love is there. but i don't think it's as big as what brad is selling to us. but maybe i'm wrong, who knows. but in my opinion, brad will strive to make this relationship work, will fight tooth and nail to drive it home for a combination of reasons (not presuming anything, just opinions):

    - he thinks he's in love with emily. maybe he really is. or maybe he's in love with the idea of emily and this perfect picture in his head of his ideal. nothing wrong with that of course. i hope for both their sakes, most esp brad's that it's a need because he loves emily and not he loves emily coz he needs her;
    - no more "laurel kagay" to fall back on. i'm not into tabloid rumors but i believe there's some underlying truths in some, esp after watching brad and emily last night, it seemed like the remake of the "laurel-brad" story, only this time, emily is in the lead role;
    - and in spite of whatever we are tryng to be led on to believe, this bachelor stint for brad was also motivated by the need to redeem or salvage whatever was left of his tattered reputation from before (although i never saw his season, i'm all for nothing wrong in not choosing someone if you didn't see yourself making the commitment); and brad would not risk the ire of the public if this relationship doesn't work out this time around; lastly
    - (the impression to me is) he seemed so vent on starting a family of his own that it's like a ticking time bomb or something in his head.

    if this love is true, then i don't think there's a need for any close friend of emily's or brad's or any bach rep to defend and sell the relationship (too much). if it's there, it's there. no need to shove it down. maybe whatever brad and emily share may not be apparent to some, but if it's a very true commitment, it will be obvious in time. selling or pushing it too much to the public to me is aggravating for the simple fact that there is a child involve. i hope brad and emily wash their dirty linens privately next time around. and refrain from throwing each other under the bus. they can even pretend everything's ok when in public if they have to. again, it's just my opinion coz it's not just brad-emily, but brad-emily/ricki.

    i hope everything works out for the best!
    Last edited by secri; 03-15-2011 at 11:01 AM.

  9. #3169
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    128

    Re: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

    Not that I would ever do the show, or let alone let anyone I cared about be on it.....there is a process that they should know about going into it. We can't judge anything they feel since we haven't walked in their shoes. Its very easy for all of us to be "Monday Morning Quarterbacls". Just my 2C.

  10. #3170
    FORT Fogey ironcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,454

    Re: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

    Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    Poor Emily, the girl just can't win!

    While the show aired, she was accused of being too saintly and too plastic. Now, she's too controlling and emotional. So which is it?

    I've got one word for what I saw during the ATFR last night - real.

    I know most don't want to but let's take a look at things from Emily's POV. She just spent the last 2 months watching the man she fell in love with stick his tongue down the majority of the final 12's throats. He wined and dined them and said pretty nothings similar to what he said to her.

    Even the most confident, secure woman would begin to crumble after that! And let's be honest - Brad definitely ties or beats Blob for the number of girls kissed.

    What we heard from Brad & Emily last night was real. Molly admitted to tough times watching her season, as did Ryan and Roberto. Are we going to call them controlling and insecure because they felt that way too?? Unfortunately, it's the nature of the beast. The show isn't set up for happy couples - it's set up for drama and ratings. If they get a happy couple, that's a bonus. If they don't, it doesn't matter b/c they're on to the next season.

    Lots of real life couples find they need to take a break - before and while married - and the decision to reunite with their significant other means they WANT to be together. It's a conscious choice. So the fact that Emily still wants to be with Brad bodes well. Hopefully, they can work out their communication issues but that's part of being in a relationship - you learn to give and take and compromise.

    I think now that Emily doesn't have to share him anymore, we'll see things work out. If that was the ONLY issue they had then it should be water under the bridge now and they should consider themselves lucky. It was a beautiful love story and I'll be interested to see how it works out in the future.
    As someone who found Emily (and Bremily) boring all season, I absolutely loved the Emily (the real one, I assume) we saw on ATFR. I would have been a fan all along had that side of her been shown (or perhaps more accurately, all signs of a personality and a sense of humor and spunk not been edited out). I also don't blame her for being upset while watching the show, especially if Brad never prepared her properly for what she was about to see, ie, his hookups with the other women, which I suspect is what happened. However, I disagree that this was/is the only problem the couple has. We deduced early on that Brad wants to put his woman on a pedestal, but I suspect that Emily doesn't want to be put on a pedestal. It sounds to me like she feels pigeon holed, by the show (both through editing and by only giving her the safe boring dates, and I suspect that both the producers and Brad didn't see her as the girl to go "swimming with sharks" even though she apparently wanted to be that girl), and now by Brad in real life, wanting her to move to Austin immediately, dropping the life she knows (and the only life her daughter has ever known) without a thought, to start playing the role of his "dream wife". And I think we witnessed her "rebellion" against this by her choice to speak up for herself, instead of soothe Brad's ego, at ATFR. I hope they now have some serious discussions, and that Brad is able to communicate/articulate better than what we saw on the show, not only about what parenthood means, but about what marriage means to each of them, before anybody moves anywhere. I'm not convinced they're really on the same page right now.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.