Page 19 of 328 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969119 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 3276

Thread: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

  1. #181
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    535

    Re: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

    Quote Originally Posted by Nibbles22 View Post
    I don't think that anyone is attacking Emily because she is from the South,
    her geographic location has nothing (read ZERO) to do with it. Many of
    us are simply tired of having the perfection that is Emily shoved down our throats! Perhaps a few of us are tired of the gorgeous blonde who seemingly
    has life served to her on a silver platter. The fact that she has uses
    Ricky's tragedy as if it is always at the forefront of her mind is dispicable,
    when by all accounts it could not be further from the truth as she seemingly
    has put this behind her many, many years ago. Add to that, that she
    apparently has the service of nannies to help her care for her young daughter, has not pursued an education, nor meaningful employment, and
    has the luxury to maintain a picture-perfect image 24/7. It is difficult
    to muster up sympathy for someone who has it so rough!
    I don't think (and this is my reasoning) that anyone from the North, East, South or West would want people to feel sympathy for them. I feel that her circumstances were embellished because she is probably the final one and that makes for a better story.

    I also have never had a man I loved and happily engaged to die in a tragic accident a week before I found out I was pregnant with his child.

    Some of us have had better lives, some have not...everyone is different with different backgrounds......this man Ricky was a very wealthy man and happened to have wealthy parents that is not anyone's "fault" especially Emily.......

  2. #182
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    211

    Re: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

    Quote Originally Posted by PinkIsTheWord View Post
    Possesionista has the final two dresses up!
    Can't handle any more 'discussion' of southern belles so am switching back to fashion which is more fun in my book.

    I love the Possessionista site and find it fun to see how much and how little the bachelorettes spend on their fashion. Really runs the gamut.

    But can someone remind me if they have a stylist for the FRC? So they are loaned dresses?

    And now knowing that Emily's dress is actually gold.....good reminder that not all things are as they seem.

  3. #183
    Team Choca. Brad who?! Alanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    9,066

    Re: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

    Quote Originally Posted by luvstx View Post
    Can't handle any more 'discussion' of southern belles so am switching back to fashion which is more fun in my book.

    I love the Possessionista site and find it fun to see how much and how little the bachelorettes spend on their fashion. Really runs the gamut.

    But can someone remind me if they have a stylist for the FRC? So they are loaned dresses?

    And now knowing that Emily's dress is actually gold.....good reminder that not all things are as they seem.
    I believe Cary Fetman styles both F2s for the FRC and styles the lead and Harrison all season. He also works on BP and styled Melissa.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

  4. #184
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    52

    Re: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

    Yes, Southern Bells do exist still in the south. In fact, they are quite common. Of course things have changed since the term was first used, we are more modern now, like most places and people, we've changed with the times. There are differences in the North and the South, and basically it's because how we are raised. We can't help who are parents were or where they decided to live, or how they raised us anymore than anyone else can. We are however proud women, and make no apologies for being exactly who we are, even if being "southern" ain't so popular these days.

    Many are right, we would never step out of the house, even to run a quick errand, without something cute on our backs, and stuff on our face. It's just as normal for us as running around in anything else is for others. And that also includes making sure you had on nice "drawers" (under-garments) case your in an accident! My Mother was the queen of "southern" style routines. I wasn't even allowed to put on pants until I was at least 10 years old! Took dance and piano from the age of 4 up, and could do makeup at age 12 better than a expert, including false lashes. And once I was an adult, well you had to have an overnight kit in your truck, cause you never know when you might need to change looks, freshen up!

    Getting your hair, makeup, nails, lashes done is all part of it. Having the latest fashions and multiple closets stuffed full all go along with it. Ain't nothing to be ashamed of. We all have our differences, and I enjoy learning from others, but at the same time will never deny who I really am........ My southern Mother's southern daughter.... through and through! Now pass the sweet Tea, please!

  5. #185
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    151

    Re: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

    Quote Originally Posted by luvstx View Post
    And now knowing that Emily's dress is actually gold.....good reminder that not all things are as they seem.
    Maybe THAT's what that spoiler meant!

  6. #186
    a&r sanlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    14,830

    Re: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

    Quote Originally Posted by zacksmom1993 View Post
    Maybe THAT's what that spoiler meant!
    Daggone it! I loved that pink color more than gold!
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

  7. #187
    FORT Fogey Nibbles22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,065

    Re: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

    Quote Originally Posted by Pdilly1 View Post
    I think you are being to tough. She was very young scared and her fiance just died and found out she was carrying his child. Sounds as if you are bitter. Such a shame. Not sure where you got some of your info (ex nannies) but you are wrong there.
    Bitter? I'm just tired of reading about the holier than thou, Mother Theresa,
    picture perfect, tragic heroine, that is Emily. I admire people who
    overcome disabilities out of sheer determination. I admire people who
    have had far worse tragedies in their lives, with far worse conditions in
    which to deal with them ~ and those tragedies do NOT define who they
    are as people. Forgive me if I am not on the Emilly love boat. I am
    entitled to my opinions too!
    This is freaking CRAzy ~ I'm 0 for 20!

  8. #188
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,112

    Re: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

    Quote Originally Posted by sanlee View Post
    Daggone it! I loved that pink color more than gold!
    So -- question for the experts. How to change a gold dress to peach? Artificial pink lights? Sort of like sunset lighting? Is it real? Or ...
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

  9. #189
    a&r sanlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    14,830

    Re: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    So -- question for the experts. How to change a gold dress to peach? Artificial pink lights? Sort of like sunset lighting? Is it real? Or ...
    I'm not an expert, so I have no idea how they do it! lol I'd like to know how too.
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

  10. #190
    FORT Fan draven31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    san antonio,tx
    Posts
    357

    Re: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

    Quote Originally Posted by thatblonde View Post
    Yes, Southern Bells do exist still in the south. In fact, they are quite common. Of course things have changed since the term was first used, we are more modern now, like most places and people, we've changed with the times. There are differences in the North and the South, and basically it's because how we are raised. We can't help who are parents were or where they decided to live, or how they raised us anymore than anyone else can. We are however proud women, and make no apologies for being exactly who we are, even if being "southern" ain't so popular these days.

    Many are right, we would never step out of the house, even to run a quick errand, without something cute on our backs, and stuff on our face. It's just as normal for us as running around in anything else is for others. And that also includes making sure you had on nice "drawers" (under-garments) case your in an accident! My Mother was the queen of "southern" style routines. I wasn't even allowed to put on pants until I was at least 10 years old! Took dance and piano from the age of 4 up, and could do makeup at age 12 better than a expert, including false lashes. And once I was an adult, well you had to have an overnight kit in your truck, cause you never know when you might need to change looks, freshen up!

    Getting your hair, makeup, nails, lashes done is all part of it. Having the latest fashions and multiple closets stuffed full all go along with it. Ain't nothing to be ashamed of. We all have our differences, and I enjoy learning from others, but at the same time will never deny who I really am........ My southern Mother's southern daughter.... through and through! Now pass the sweet Tea, please!
    I'm having some right now..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.