Page 18 of 328 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868118 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 3276

Thread: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

  1. #171
    FORT Fogey Nibbles22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,065

    Re: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

    Quote Originally Posted by Tobi View Post
    I am from The South, an original, not one who has relocated here and claims they are Southern. The ones that are from here are hard to find are disappearing fast. My wedding pictures look an awful lot like Emily only I have blue eyes and am not totally gorgeous like she is but I was often called Barbie. She is the one I can most relate to even have an accent. We're passionate in private. I am very reserved and quiet and would not ever think of showing much emotion in public. Seeing Michelle and Chantal cry on camera and some of the other girls reveal such personal feelings and information is alien to me. Also cannot relate to the slap and Michelle meltdown on camera and many other things would be so far out of character for most women I know that I can't even believe those things were real!!! It has always seemed odd to me to trash blonds for hair coloring but if you color your hair any other color it's totally ok!! Even if it is pink or bright red like a crayon. I also know many brunettes and people of other ethnicities that have their nails done and color their hair but no one calls them fake or bimbo, dumb. It's just curious to me. I have a college education but after some years when my husband could support us both easily I was able to leave my job and devote my time to him, my home, family and volunteer work at my church. People like to do different things, if some women are more casual, Birkenstock and career minded then that's good although I am afraid when I go to the Northwest area to visit my husband's family because they are so judgmental to a person like me just as is being said about Emily here. I almost feel afraid that someone will start beating me with their sandals and kayak paddle and accuse me of all sorts of things. Stereotypes abound! It's hard to judge a book by it's cover, no matter what you look like or where you live. But by far, women with a Southern accent and blond hair seem to have a rough go of it. Maybe Dolly Parton is to blame but then again there is Pamela Anderson
    I don't think that anyone is attacking Emily because she is from the South,
    her geographic location has nothing (read ZERO) to do with it. Many of
    us are simply tired of having the perfection that is Emily shoved down our throats! Perhaps a few of us are tired of the gorgeous blonde who seemingly
    has life served to her on a silver platter. The fact that she has uses
    Ricky's tragedy as if it is always at the forefront of her mind is dispicable,
    when by all accounts it could not be further from the truth as she seemingly
    has put this behind her many, many years ago. Add to that, that she
    apparently has the service of nannies to help her care for her young daughter, has not pursued an education, nor meaningful employment, and
    has the luxury to maintain a picture-perfect image 24/7. It is difficult
    to muster up sympathy for someone who has it so rough!
    This is freaking CRAzy ~ I'm 0 for 20!

  2. #172
    "SPYING" ButterflyFaery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Never Never Land
    Posts
    5,972

    Re: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

    Quote Originally Posted by Nibbles22 View Post
    I don't think that anyone is attacking Emily because she is from the South,
    her geographic location has nothing (read ZERO) to do with it. Many of
    us are simply tired of having the perfection that is Emily shoved down our throats! Perhaps a few of us are tired of the gorgeous blonde who seemingly
    has life served to her on a silver platter. The fact that she has uses
    Ricky's tragedy as if it is always at the forefront of her mind is dispicable,
    when by all accounts it could not be further from the truth as she seemingly
    has put this behind her many, many years ago. Add to that, that she
    apparently has the service of nannies to help her care for her young daughter, has not pursued an education, nor meaningful employment, and
    has the luxury to maintain a picture-perfect image 24/7. It is difficult
    to muster up sympathy for someone who has it so rough!
    ain't that the truth
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

  3. #173
    FORT Fanatic TxMav10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    649

    Re: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

    Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    I guess it's okay to address this here since it's general chat? hope so.

    I've got to disagree that true southern belles don't exist anymore b/c that's certainly not true. I've got a couple of friends here in GA (one is from NC the other from GA) who are tried and true 'belles'. Both are mid-30's, went to finishing schools, would never be caught dead without makeup, refuse to wear open-toed shoes when it's 90 degrees out if it's after Labor Day and impressively could put a person down while smiling sweetly and using their genteel manners. Obviously there's much more but all you have to do is look at them and they scream southern belle, as does Emily.

    'Course, I'm the total opposite, having grown up in the North and being a tried and true Yankee (not Yankees fan, God forbid, but a Yankee) - I have no problem running to the store in a hat and sweats with no makeup and if it's hotter than Hades outside, I don't care what the date is on the calendar, I'm wearing shorts and flip flops.



    Good grief we are kindered spirits!

    I think you have to be raised in the South, or at least got here as soon as you could, to understand the true meaning of Southern belle or Southern Gentleman! I enjoyed Emily on the show and understand the edit is always going to show people differently than they are in real life. It was nice to see both of the F2 show some positive and negative traits even if they were heavily edited. Just makes them more human and real to me.

  4. #174
    FORT Fogey Bonbonlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,241

    Re: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

    Quote Originally Posted by Nibbles22 View Post
    I don't think that anyone is attacking Emily because she is from the South,
    her geographic location has nothing (read ZERO) to do with it. Many of
    us are simply tired of having the perfection that is Emily shoved down our throats! Perhaps a few of us are tired of the gorgeous blonde who seemingly
    has life served to her on a silver platter. The fact that she has uses
    Ricky's tragedy as if it is always at the forefront of her mind is dispicable,
    when by all accounts it could not be further from the truth as she seemingly
    has put this behind her many, many years ago. Add to that, that she
    apparently has the service of nannies to help her care for her young daughter, has not pursued an education, nor meaningful employment, and
    has the luxury to maintain a picture-perfect image 24/7. It is difficult
    to muster up sympathy for someone who has it so rough!

    You might not be able to garner any sympathy for her... but sympathy and compassion for others is a feeling that defines oneself... It says nothing about Emily's situation.

    I don't think there is any reason to dislike Emily because of the hardship she has gone through or the current situation she is in.
    Okay I love FORT's casino, but I really am not very good. If anyone wants to donate their FORT $$ I would gladly accept http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forum....php?do=donate

  5. #175
    FORT Fogey mprssdbyu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,235

    Re: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

    Quote Originally Posted by Nibbles22 View Post
    I don't think that anyone is attacking Emily because she is from the South,
    her geographic location has nothing (read ZERO) to do with it. Many of
    us are simply tired of having the perfection that is Emily shoved down our throats! Perhaps a few of us are tired of the gorgeous blonde who seemingly
    has life served to her on a silver platter. The fact that she has uses
    Ricky's tragedy as if it is always at the forefront of her mind is dispicable,
    when by all accounts it could not be further from the truth as she seemingly
    has put this behind her many, many years ago. Add to that, that she
    apparently has the service of nannies to help her care for her young daughter, has not pursued an education, nor meaningful employment, and
    has the luxury to maintain a picture-perfect image 24/7. It is difficult
    to muster up sympathy for someone who has it so rough!
    Regardless of the financial status... poor rich... old ... young... when the love of your life ends up on the side of a mountain or should I say at the bottom of the mountain, DEAD and you never get to see him smile again, hear his voice, etc again.. there will never be a chance to say good bye or we are going to have this precious lil baby.. never mind the fact that she looks just like him....ROUGH IS ROUGH... and it's heartbreaking for me anyway. I don't care what she looked like or where she came from. What a horrific moment of one's life... to be on the receiving end of that phonecall. My heart still breaks for her and for ANYONE esp family that loved him.
    Last edited by mprssdbyu; 03-09-2011 at 05:37 PM.
    Go wherever you go...... WITH ALL YOUR HEART

    I'm ready for the bach'ette Ash, now. My son is going to kill me if he lands on FORT these days seeing my new avatar

  6. #176
    FORT Fan draven31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    san antonio,tx
    Posts
    357

    Re: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

    Quote Originally Posted by Tobi View Post
    I am from The South, an original, not one who has relocated here and claims they are Southern. The ones that are from here are hard to find are disappearing fast. My wedding pictures look an awful lot like Emily only I have blue eyes and am not totally gorgeous like she is but I was often called Barbie. She is the one I can most relate to even have an accent. We're passionate in private. I am very reserved and quiet and would not ever think of showing much emotion in public. Seeing Michelle and Chantal cry on camera and some of the other girls reveal such personal feelings and information is alien to me. Also cannot relate to the slap and Michelle meltdown on camera and many other things would be so far out of character for most women I know that I can't even believe those things were real!!! It has always seemed odd to me to trash blonds for hair coloring but if you color your hair any other color it's totally ok!! Even if it is pink or bright red like a crayon. I also know many brunettes and people of other ethnicities that have their nails done and color their hair but no one calls them fake or bimbo, dumb. It's just curious to me. I have a college education but after some years when my husband could support us both easily I was able to leave my job and devote my time to him, my home, family and volunteer work at my church. People like to do different things, if some women are more casual, Birkenstock and career minded then that's good although I am afraid when I go to the Northwest area to visit my husband's family because they are so judgmental to a person like me just as is being said about Emily here. I almost feel afraid that someone will start beating me with their sandals and kayak paddle and accuse me of all sorts of things. Stereotypes abound! It's hard to judge a book by it's cover, no matter what you look like or where you live. But by far, women with a Southern accent and blond hair seem to have a rough go of it. Maybe Dolly Parton is to blame but then again there is Pamela Anderson
    I guess us southern girls have to stick together. I remember after my divorce getting my nails done every couple of weeks. I really needed it as my nails were in awful shape back then. Getting my hands messaged was wonderful.
    Cant afford to do it now but if I could I would.

    Dont get me stated on my hair..

    Somebody has brought up her accent and that it slips sometimes. You should hear mine. I have a Texas accent but after years of dealing with people over the phone I've managed to tone it down to the point some don't believe I was born and raised here. Get me around somebody with a strong southern accent of some sort and the twang is back. Brad has an accent, Emily's might has gotten stronger around him for that reason. Most of the other girls that we heard from really didn't (except for Ashley S).


    I find it funny as hell though when Emily gets bashed for her perfection when all it is is a perfect EDIT.. Those of you who do hate her for it should talk to those editors..




    My current two cents.
    Last edited by draven31; 03-09-2011 at 05:40 PM.

  7. #177
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    137

    Re: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

    Brad has obviously had some challenges in his life, and although he is extremely good looking and has a great personality, he is not perfection. I think both he and Emily recognize their faults, and what has brought them together is the desire to support the other person. From the first date on, Brad implied that Emily's past made him love her more - he felt he could give her something. When Brad fumbled with words and was nervous around Emily, it showed that he didn't have it all together all the time and I think she found that attractive. In real life, people aren't perfect; and I think they have allowed each other to see their imperfections and love each other more because of them.

  8. #178
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,106

    Re: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

    You guys are cracking me up with all the southern belle stuff. As a lifelong southerner, let me just say that Emily would have been tossed out of that club on her ear as soon as she moved in with Ricky, and then <God forbid!> got pregnant out of wedlock. Unless, of course her great aunt Mabel was able to house her somewhere in the remote countryside while she went on an "extended vacation in Europe" or some such nonsense, and then voila! some close relative decided to adopt a new baby 7 or 8 months later. It's all just too much.

    Seriously, I doubt Emily considers herself a southern belle, but if she does, she's certainly applying the "Rules" very selectively.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

  9. #179
    FORT Fanatic Pdilly1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    673

    Re: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

    Quote Originally Posted by Nibbles22 View Post
    I don't think that anyone is attacking Emily because she is from the South,
    her geographic location has nothing (read ZERO) to do with it. Many of
    us are simply tired of having the perfection that is Emily shoved down our throats! Perhaps a few of us are tired of the gorgeous blonde who seemingly
    has life served to her on a silver platter. The fact that she has uses
    Ricky's tragedy as if it is always at the forefront of her mind is dispicable,
    when by all accounts it could not be further from the truth as she seemingly
    has put this behind her many, many years ago. Add to that, that she
    apparently has the service of nannies to help her care for her young daughter, has not pursued an education, nor meaningful employment, and
    has the luxury to maintain a picture-perfect image 24/7. It is difficult
    to muster up sympathy for someone who has it so rough!
    I think you are being to tough. She was very young scared and her fiance just died and found out she was carrying his child. Sounds as if you are bitter. Such a shame. Not sure where you got some of your info (ex nannies) but you are wrong there.

  10. #180
    FORT Fogey Max64's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    874

    Re: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

    Quote Originally Posted by Nibbles22 View Post
    I don't think that anyone is attacking Emily because she is from the South,
    her geographic location has nothing (read ZERO) to do with it. Many of
    us are simply tired of having the perfection that is Emily shoved down our throats! Perhaps a few of us are tired of the gorgeous blonde who seemingly
    has life served to her on a silver platter. The fact that she has uses
    Ricky's tragedy as if it is always at the forefront of her mind is dispicable,
    when by all accounts it could not be further from the truth as she seemingly
    has put this behind her many, many years ago. Add to that, that she
    apparently has the service of nannies to help her care for her young daughter, has not pursued an education, nor meaningful employment, and
    has the luxury to maintain a picture-perfect image 24/7. It is difficult
    to muster up sympathy for someone who has it so rough!


    I don't think she was looking for sympathy, she stated that herself. I also don't think it was her choice to "play up" her heartbreaking love story, you have MF to thank for that. (Chris L is also thanking him for a similar edit) Yes, Emily comes from wealth, so does Chantal, I don't really understand why that matters? As for pursuing meaningful employment, I would say she has the most important job their is, raising her child. Its her choice to be a stay home mom and if she has the financial means to do so, more power to her.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.