Page 17 of 328 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262767117 ... LastLast

Thread: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

FORT Fogey

Re: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

Quote Originally Posted by mprssdbyu View Post
    I wasn't a Trista fan AT ALL... but bring on Ryan... I can put up with anything!!
    True! Gotta give Trista credit for recognizing a real prize when she saw one.

I also just love to watch Jason and Molly at their 1st ATFR when he asked her to give him a chance ! That sends chills on my spine because he was so broken and unsure and she was still in love with him.

For me and knowing that they were able to make a go of it despite everything is one of the most beautiful scenes this series has ever generated.
    "I Accept You" ~~~ Kiptyn to Tenley
    ---------Best Rose Acceptance line EVER on this series

Quote Originally Posted by ADHDR View Post
    I’m more of a lurker around these parts, but figured I’d give this a one-time shot. Sorry if this post is the wrong forum/thread!

Enter Cori. She and Ricky (if they were even a couple- ha!) were supposed to marry in September 2003, per the “save the date” card seen in InTouch. (Speculation: Did Ricky’s meeting Emily cause their train to derail? Maybe, but we’ll never know.)

That save the date card... LOL Who saves those for this long?

Anyway a very well thought out and researched post... I agree about the Hendricks thinking of Ricki as a gift. They lost so much..

Welcome!!

Quote Originally Posted by nd4reality View Post
    I also just love to watch Jason and Molly at their 1st ATFR when he asked her to give him a chance ! That sends chills on my spine because he was so broken and unsure and she was still in love with him.

For me and knowing that they were able to make a go of it despite everything is one of the most beautiful scenes this series has ever generated.
    Oh so true. Jason's such a weenie but I thought them getting back together in the face of all the "adversity" was really beautiful to watch and took a lot of courage on both their parts.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

FORT Lurker

I’m more of a lurker around these parts, but figured I’d give this a one-time shot. Sorry if this post is the wrong forum/thread!

Edit- since I'm new I can't post URL's. If someone would like to post the URL's for me, send me a PM- I'd appreciate it!

The hearsay about Emily-Ricky-Cori has bothered me, so I’ll throw in my $0.42.

Emily was born Feb 1986, and presumably graduated high school in or around May 2004. There are several sources online (whether or not they’re accurate, I couldn’t tell you) that say things to the effect of, “Emily moved to Charlotte after she graduated,” or, “Emily moved to Charlotte six months before Ricky died.” Either of those statements would be consistent with her age, presumed graduation date, and Ricky’s death date.

There’s a lot of speculation as to when Emily and Ricky met: I’ve heard 1999, 2001, 2003, etc. Don’t know what’s true. Public records for Florida show that Emily’s parents bought their house in early-mid 2003, and Ricky’s parents built their vacation home in 2003. Logic would presume that would’ve been when they met. Emily would’ve been 17 then (and Ricky 22-23).

Enter Cori. She and Ricky (if they were even a couple- ha!) were supposed to marry in September 2003, per the “save the date” card seen in InTouch. (Speculation: Did Ricky’s meeting Emily cause their train to derail? Maybe, but we’ll never know.)

Backtracking. With the assumption that Cori and Ricky were indeed a couple at one point, I ask the question: how long were they actually together? Here’s a fun little ditty from nascar.com: (URL #1 removed since I'm a n00b) (Don’t know if the interview took place on the EXACT date the article was published, but I would think it was done not too long beforehand). So here we can establish that Ricky had NO girlfriend in or around June 2002.

Timeline so far...
    June 2002- Ricky has no girlfriend
    Early-Mid 2003 (presumably)- Ricky engaged to Cori
    Early-Mid 2003 (presumably)- Ricky meets Emily
    Mid 2003 (presumably)- Ricky calls off engagement with Cori
    April-May 2004- Emily moves to Charlotte (some sources say this is concurrent with her and Ricky becoming engaged)

Certainly the timing of Ricky’s engagement to Cori (after not having a girlfriend just one year prior) would be consistent with a mid-2004 engagement to Emily (after meeting her -presumably- around mid 2003).

Ricky’s obituary (published in Charlotte Observer on Oct 27, 2004): (URL #2 removed since I'm a n00b) lists Emily as his “girlfriend”. In the guest book, there are a handful of comments that refer to her as his “girlfriend” as well as his “fiancee”.
    - page 58 (Oct 29, 2004): “girlfriend”
    - page 183 (Oct 26, 2004): “girlfriend” (reference mentioned “a few months ago”)
    - page 283 (Oct 25, 2004): “fiancee”
    - Other nonspecific (i.e., no “girlfriend” or “fiancee” label) references to Emily: page 95 (Oct 27, 2004) and page 14 (Nov 11, 2004)- this one appears to be from a long-time friend of Emily (lived in WV)

Here’s a website that lists obituaries (it appears they were copied and pasted from somewhere else) for many of the people on the plane. Ricky’s says, “He was recently engaged to be married.” There is no date as far as when this was published.
    (URL #3 removed since I'm a n00b)

...HOWEVER, this message forum also has the EXACT same list of obituaries copied onto their forum (see post #5). It was posted on Oct 25, 2004.
    (URL #4 removed since I'm a n00b)

We know that Emily found out and broke the news that she was pregnant “five days later” and “the day after the memorial service”. That would be Oct 29, 2004. If Ricky’s family wanted to alter history (i.e., if Emily and Ricky were never engaged), then I don’t understand why there are sources printed EARLIER than this date that say they were engaged. Much less the fact that there is a picture of Ricky with Emily, wearing what appears to be an engagement ring.

Another article that mentions Ricky with “his girlfriend”: (URL #5 removed since I'm a n00b) (Oct 26, 2004)

The original article is no longer available, but Ricky’s mom was interviewed by the Charlotte Observer and the following was published on Nov 8, 2004. She mentions “fiancee”.
    (URL #6 removed since I'm a n00b) (scroll about 3/4 the way down the page... or search for “Hendrick mom has faith, no regrets”). Ricky, Emily, and his mom had arrived back in Charlotte from their trip to Hawaii on Oct 23, 2004, the day before his plane crashed.

Were they engaged? I’d like to think so.
    Did Cori exist? Don’t know, don’t care. If she did, it would appear that Emily became the love of his life once he met her.

Other thoughts: There’s been a lot of ragging on Emily as far as her job situation (whether or not she has a job), and how she supports her daughter. Many say she lives off the Hendrick family. I’ve also read many references (albeit not half as many) that say Emily’s family is wealthy. This is correct. Their home in Florida was a multi-million dollar house in a prime real estate location. It wasn’t NEXT DOOR to the Hendricks’ multi-million dollar vacation home, but it was nearby.

I have no idea if she has a job or not. Do I care? Not particularly. It’s possible that Rick Hendrick told her, “We will support you and Ricki, and we’d like for her to be brought up with the best environment possible,” with that inferring they don’t WANT her to work, that they would rather her spend time that she would be working at home with her daughter. Again, like so much of Emily’s situation, this is speculation on my part.

Another thing that I think we forget is that Emily gave the Hendricks the BEST gift possible, short of bringing their son back, at the worst time in their lives. For anyone who has lost someone, what would you pay to have a gift of their spirit living on? It’s priceless, although wealthy people tend to show gratitude through money. For Ricki to have the same upbringing that would be provided had Ricky been around, I would imagine the Hendricks are MORE than happy to provide for her and Emily. Should this matter to us? No.

Again, sorry if this was the wrong thread. It seemed like the best option!

Great post!!!!!!

So Emily's FRC dress is really gold? Gold like Ali's last season?
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

Edit- since I'm new I can't post URL's. If someone would like to post the URL's for me, send me a PM- I'd appreciate it!

The hearsay about Emily-Ricky-Cori has bothered me, so I’ll throw in my $0.42.

Emily was born Feb 1986, and presumably graduated high school in or around May 2004. There are several sources online (whether or not they’re accurate, I couldn’t tell you) that say things to the effect of, “Emily moved to Charlotte after she graduated,” or, “Emily moved to Charlotte six months before Ricky died.” Either of those statements would be consistent with her age, presumed graduation date, and Ricky’s death date.

There’s a lot of speculation as to when Emily and Ricky met: I’ve heard 1999, 2001, 2003, etc. Don’t know what’s true. Public records for Florida show that Emily’s parents bought their house in early-mid 2003, and Ricky’s parents built their vacation home in 2003. Logic would presume that would’ve been when they met. Emily would’ve been 17 then (and Ricky 22-23).

Backtracking. With the assumption that Cori and Ricky were indeed a couple at one point, I ask the question: how long were they actually together? Here’s a fun little ditty from nascar.com: (URL #1 removed since I'm a n00b) (Don’t know if the interview took place on the EXACT date the article was published, but I would think it was done not too long beforehand). So here we can establish that Ricky had NO girlfriend in or around June 2002.

Timeline so far...
    June 2002- Ricky has no girlfriend
    Early-Mid 2003 (presumably)- Ricky engaged to Cori
    Early-Mid 2003 (presumably)- Ricky meets Emily
    Mid 2003 (presumably)- Ricky calls off engagement with Cori
    April-May 2004- Emily moves to Charlotte (some sources say this is concurrent with her and Ricky becoming engaged)

Certainly the timing of Ricky’s engagement to Cori (after not having a girlfriend just one year prior) would be consistent with a mid-2004 engagement to Emily (after meeting her -presumably- around mid 2003).

Ricky’s obituary (published in Charlotte Observer on Oct 27, 2004): (URL #2 removed since I'm a n00b) lists Emily as his “girlfriend”. In the guest book, there are a handful of comments that refer to her as his “girlfriend” as well as his “fiancee”.
    - page 58 (Oct 29, 2004): “girlfriend”
    - page 183 (Oct 26, 2004): “girlfriend” (reference mentioned “a few months ago”)
    - page 283 (Oct 25, 2004): “fiancee”
    - Other nonspecific (i.e., no “girlfriend” or “fiancee” label) references to Emily: page 95 (Oct 27, 2004) and page 14 (Nov 11, 2004)- this one appears to be from a long-time friend of Emily (lived in WV)

Here’s a website that lists obituaries (it appears they were copied and pasted from somewhere else) for many of the people on the plane. Ricky’s says, “He was recently engaged to be married.” There is no date as far as when this was published.
    (URL #3 removed since I'm a n00b)

...HOWEVER, this message forum also has the EXACT same list of obituaries copied onto their forum (see post #5). It was posted on Oct 25, 2004.
    (URL #4 removed since I'm a n00b)

We know that Emily found out and broke the news that she was pregnant “five days later” and “the day after the memorial service”. That would be Oct 29, 2004. If Ricky’s family wanted to alter history (i.e., if Emily and Ricky were never engaged), then I don’t understand why there are sources printed EARLIER than this date that say they were engaged. Much less the fact that there is a picture of Ricky with Emily, wearing what appears to be an engagement ring.

Another article that mentions Ricky with “his girlfriend”: (URL #5 removed since I'm a n00b) (Oct 26, 2004)

The original article is no longer available, but Ricky’s mom was interviewed by the Charlotte Observer and the following was published on Nov 8, 2004. She mentions “fiancee”.
    (URL #6 removed since I'm a n00b) (scroll about 3/4 the way down the page... or search for “Hendrick mom has faith, no regrets”). Ricky, Emily, and his mom had arrived back in Charlotte from their trip to Hawaii on Oct 23, 2004, the day before his plane crashed.

Were they engaged? I’d like to think so.
    Did Cori exist? Don’t know, don’t care. If she did, it would appear that Emily became the love of his life once he met her.

Other thoughts: There’s been a lot of ragging on Emily as far as her job situation (whether or not she has a job), and how she supports her daughter. Many say she lives off the Hendrick family. I’ve also read many references (albeit not half as many) that say Emily’s family is wealthy. This is correct. Their home in Florida was a multi-million dollar house in a prime real estate location. It wasn’t NEXT DOOR to the Hendricks’ multi-million dollar vacation home, but it was nearby.

I have no idea if she has a job or not. Do I care? Not particularly. It’s possible that Rick Hendrick told her, “We will support you and Ricki, and we’d like for her to be brought up with the best environment possible,” with that inferring they don’t WANT her to work, that they would rather her spend time that she would be working at home with her daughter. Again, like so much of Emily’s situation, this is speculation on my part.

Another thing that I think we forget is that Emily gave the Hendricks the BEST gift possible, short of bringing their son back, at the worst time in their lives. For anyone who has lost someone, what would you pay to have a gift of their spirit living on? It’s priceless, although wealthy people tend to show gratitude through money. For Ricki to have the same upbringing that would be provided had Ricky been around, I would imagine the Hendricks are MORE than happy to provide for her and Emily. Should this matter to us? No.

Again, sorry if this was the wrong thread. It seemed like the best option!
    Thanks for taking the time to do all this! Well done and . Stay with us a while!
    Go wherever you go...... WITH ALL YOUR HEART

I'm ready for the bach'ette Ash, now. My son is going to kill me if he lands on FORT these days seeing my new avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nd4reality View Post

Me too! I love Molly and you could see that she was still so in love with Jason but hesitant to jump right back in with him.

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee View Post
    So Emily's FRC dress is really gold? Gold like Ali's last season?
    Seems more peach but yeah, supposedly gold.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna View Post
    Seems more peach but yeah, supposedly gold.
    If that dress is indeed gold, then I need to make an appointment with my eye doctor TOMORROW.

Inigo Montoya: Let me explain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up. Buttercup is marry Humperdink in little less then half an hour so all we have to do is get in, break up the wedding, steal the princess, make our escape, after I kill count Rugen.