Thread: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

Re: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

Yep! I'm southern and my slang is bad! But it's me and I talk like that most of the time esp if I'm in a comfortable surrounding!
    Go wherever you go...... WITH ALL YOUR HEART

I'm ready for the bach'ette Ash, now. My son is going to kill me if he lands on FORT these days seeing my new avatar

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialK View Post
    Here goes:
    I really think Chantal is F1..I think that she "gets Brad as Chris H said before the season even started..And Brad himself said last time he could be himself..Well as we see him with his family he is loud fun loving living life to the fullest..That is Chantal..And if you listen to the new video with Brad waving to his family I think they blurred what he said..I THINK Chantal comes the same way..Look when he walks in with her its thru those doors..Emily comes in a different door..I think Brad couldn't contain himself around her..I can see Chantal fitting right in acting crazy like Brad was in Cobo with his friend/Brothers..And Brad fit right in with Chantal's family too..I still say something is up..Chantals father said IF you get a chance to get married I give my blessings..I think that why Chris H said that we will be shocked..He is going to turn down the sweet southern belle for a wild crazy fun loving Chantal..I also think that Chantal meeting with Molly was MAYBE to discuss having a TV wedding..As Brad said never say never...
    And I think that the video of the FRC it shows Brad walking to meet her..
    Anyway there is so much more pointing to Chantal...
    People have different reasons for getting into a relationship and choosing who they choose. Honestly, I don't think Brad was looking for someone who "gets him" as much as he was looking for someone whom he gets. I think Chantal's emotions are uncomfortable and scary to him. He doesn't understand that kind of spontaneity and openness in emotional expression. That's very different from being fun-loving and wild in the party sense. He doesn't appear to be comfortable one-on-one with anything emotionally "out there," so Emily's reservedness and caution are more what "he gets" and is comfortable with. I also think Brad gets the situation of a mother with a child who has no father. He wants to be a father for that little girl to help heal his own hurt. Reminds him of himself, and I'm sure he's still carrying around that hurt from when he was a youngster. We all have baggage from childhood, but some is worse than others and the trick is not to let it affect our adult decisions. Actually, it's not a trick, it's self-awareness and therapy. Hopefully Brad will continue with his.

I just don't see that anyone got a bad edit? Unless it was Michelle and even then it wasn't bad. It was just her venting the frustration of being is this type of situation. We may have not seen Emily totally let loose but she is shy! And Chantal, crying? What's wrong with that? It is just who she is. She wears her heart on her sleeve. Maybe a little too much but it's her make up... it is who she is. She loves being in love or the idea of it. But don't we all? I'm not trying to be argumentative at all. I really don't get the bad edit stuff, though.

I'm ready for the bach'ette Ash, now. My son is going to kill me if he lands on FORT these days seeing my new avatar

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialK View Post
    Here goes:
    I really think Chantal is F1..I think that she "gets Brad as Chris H said before the season even started..And Brad himself said last time he could be himself..Well as we see him with his family he is loud fun loving living life to the fullest..That is Chantal..And if you listen to the new video with Brad waving to his family I think they blurred what he said..I THINK Chantal comes the same way..Look when he walks in with her its thru those doors..Emily comes in a different door..I think Brad couldn't contain himself around her..I can see Chantal fitting right in acting crazy like Brad was in Cobo with his friend/Brothers..And Brad fit right in with Chantal's family too..I still say something is up..Chantals father said IF you get a chance to get married I give my blessings..I think that why Chris H said that we will be shocked..He is going to turn down the sweet southern belle for a wild crazy fun loving Chantal..I also think that Chantal meeting with Molly was MAYBE to discuss having a TV wedding..As Brad said never say never...
    And I think that the video of the FRC it shows Brad walking to meet her..
    Anyway there is so much more pointing to Chantal...
    Word of advise, at least ready yourself to be not too disappointed/heartbroken if Emily is F1.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by carriealexander View Post
    OK question: how many of you would drop dead if they announced Emily as the next bachelorette after all this RS drama? I would fall out of my chair.
    LOL - I would too.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

I don't like or dislike either of the F2. I'm not 'rooting' for either one. I'm going to make and observation though about Chantel. I agree when many people say that she is manipulative. But why do people think that's such a terrible thing? If you can get someone to do/think what you want them to do/think while getting them to think it was their idea what is so terrible about that? It's one of the things that makes a manager good. If I could get my husband to agree to what I wanted him to and he thought it was his idea - sure did save an argument (he would usually figure out what had happened and just laughed). Observation about Emily in that she seemed 'stiff and fake' - I think it was just that she wanted very badly not to say or do anything that would reflect badly on her so she said little and took her time when she did speak.
    "It's just a show" - let's try not to trash people - tptb do that very well all on their own they don't need our help!

Quote Originally Posted by LoveThem View Post
    I would probably start insanely laughing & never believe anything ever again
    Many would say "Now, you understand the show"
    "It's just a show" - let's try not to trash people - tptb do that very well all on their own they don't need our help!

Quote Originally Posted by just logic View Post
    I don't like or dislike either of the F2. I'm not 'rooting' for either one. I'm going to make and observation though about Chantel. I agree when many people say that she is manipulative. But why do people think that's such a terrible thing? If you can get someone to do/think what you want them to do/think while getting them to think it was their idea what is so terrible about that? It's one of the things that makes a manager good. If I could get my husband to agree to what I wanted him to and he thought it was his idea - sure did save an argument (he would usually figure out what had happened and just laughed). Observation about Emily in that she seemed 'stiff and fake' - I think it was just that she wanted very badly not to say or do anything that would reflect badly on her so she said little and took her time when she did speak.
    Manipulative to me came off as bratty! She made me laugh. My son is a bratt... I have best friends that are brats. I'm just too honest with them and they know not to try to pull that stuff over my eyes cause it ain't happening! Stiff and fake? Not a stiff or fake bone in her body.

Quote Originally Posted by just logic View Post
    I have no idea how we can derive from the show that we have watched that she is manipulative. I agree that it wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing, but I don't see it at all. She has an outwardly cute and bubbly personality. I didn't see her manipulate. I saw her flirt (and cry). I think people know her dad is in the car business and are trying to connect the dots that aren't even there

FORT Fan

I adore Chantal, but my logical side has to agree that yes, F1 is indeed Emily. (Although I must admit, my gut is still telling me its Chantal... 'course, my gut feelings have never been anything to write home about lol).

Still, assuming it is Emily... I am prepared to see her accept his proposal (which I believe is why he says the ending is so good in his opinion)... and at this point, I am just hoping I am wrong.

I am hoping she does not accept his proposal before he and her daughter have spent ample time together. In my view, if she does, it just confirms what I already think of her -- which isn't much.
    We like because... we love although...."