Thread: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

Re: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    Did anybody see The View yesterday? Sarah Silverman was being interviewed, and she was chatting with Elizabeth about The Batchelor...after bashing the show a little, she and Elizabeth said they really liked Emily, that she seemed like a really sweet and down to earth person and not there for the "media" publicity. They both said she should be the next bachlorette and thought she would....
    I'm just wondering if anybody thought that was odd...I would figure they would hear all the speculation that Emily was chosen...and not expect her to be the Bachlorette...
    I think anyone with an unbiased view ~ can tell that Emily is just not
    that into Brad! It is painfully obvious.
    This is freaking CRAzy ~ I'm 0 for 20!

Quote Originally Posted by Nibbles22 View Post
    I think anyone with an unbiased view ~ can tell that Emily is just not
    that into Brad! It is painfully obvious.
    She reminds me so much of Tessa from Andy's season who basically had to be talked into continuing the relationship. I see those signs with Emily when she again will bring up the subject of her daughter at the LCD. Looks like she is looking for excuses to end the relationship and is not just being a concerned mother.
    Last edited by Flori da; 03-12-2011 at 11:37 AM.

FORT Regular

As beautiful and sweet as Emily is, she wasn't finding love as a single mom in Charlotte, and in her words, something was missing in her life. Unlike the other women seeking fame and fortune and maybe love, for Emily to do the show it required sacrifice - being away from Ricki. I think Madison's quote was very telling. I think she did fall in love with Brad, because for the first time, she could focus just on her feelings and not be worried about Ricki.

Nibbles, I too have struggled with Emily's lack of enthusiasm about Brad. However, I think she is shy, cautious, and not wanting to be hurt or hurt Ricki. I don't think we will be hearing that she has picked up and moved to Austin. But I do think there will be a long distance romance and plenty of trips back and forth to give Brad a chance to get to know Ricki. No way could Emily accept a marriage proposal with just one day for Brad and Ricki to bond in front of cameras. We have every reason to believe that Ricki's wellbeing is Emily's first priority.

To me the lack of appearances makes sense. Until they get a chance to be together as a family (and that can't happen until after the finale), there is nothing to talk about. Brad is in love, and MF will have to just give this one time.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Flori da View Post
    She reminds me so much of Tessa from Andy's season who basically had to be talked into continuing the relationship. I see those signs with Emily when she again will bring up the subject of her daughter at the LCD. Looks like she is looking for excuses to end the relationship and is not just being a concerned mother.
    I don't know that she wants to end the relationship, but it would be nice if Emily would realize that she doesn't have to jump at the opportunity to be with the first guy who comes along expressing interest in her daughter (especially when that guy had spent all of several hours with her child at that point). She's so young and beautiful that she has plenty of time and all the advantages to meet men. I just don't buy that "billions" of guys have run away because they can't handle her story. Maybe that's because she's still making too much of her story so it seems overwhelming to them. Anyway, I don't know about that. I do know that there are plenty of guys who wouldn't run away. She basically had one romantic relationship before Brad, and that was as a teenager. Depending on what numbers you believe, it tragically was not a long romantic relationship. I don't think she's given herself enough of a chance to date good guys (I doubt that "billions" is anywhere close to accurate) and learn what we all learn from dating before settling down with someone, especially when a small child is involved. Still, I hope she is F1, as I don't see Brad being able to handle Chantal's emotional spontaneity.

FORT Fan

Here goes:
    I really think Chantal is F1..I think that she "gets Brad as Chris H said before the season even started..And Brad himself said last time he could be himself..Well as we see him with his family he is loud fun loving living life to the fullest..That is Chantal..And if you listen to the new video with Brad waving to his family I think they blurred what he said..I THINK Chantal comes the same way..Look when he walks in with her its thru those doors..Emily comes in a different door..I think Brad couldn't contain himself around her..I can see Chantal fitting right in acting crazy like Brad was in Cobo with his friend/Brothers..And Brad fit right in with Chantal's family too..I still say something is up..Chantals father said IF you get a chance to get married I give my blessings..I think that why Chris H said that we will be shocked..He is going to turn down the sweet southern belle for a wild crazy fun loving Chantal..I also think that Chantal meeting with Molly was MAYBE to discuss having a TV wedding..As Brad said never say never...
    And I think that the video of the FRC it shows Brad walking to meet her..
    Anyway there is so much more pointing to Chantal...

It's Saturday and there is still doubt. Amazing!

Can't wait to see this one.

Quote Originally Posted by glowgirl View Post

Me too glowgirl ~ one thing is for certain... we'll all be
    talking about it on Tuesday morning!!
    This is freaking CRAzy ~ I'm 0 for 20!

Quote Originally Posted by glowgirl View Post

Yes, me also. Watched unspoiled for most of the show, thought it was Emily, came in here, it was Chantel - then it was Emily - now people are making very good arguments on both sides. Either way it will be interesting to watch. Still think it's Emily though. LOL - so many people 'fighting' for their favourite and, except for those very few who actually know the people involved, it won't make an iota of difference in our lives - makes for interesting discussion though.
    "It's just a show" - let's try not to trash people - tptb do that very well all on their own they don't need our help!

Quote Originally Posted by kateb View Post
    ZG Champion, SXSW music is one of the largest music festivals in the country. John Mayer was part of SXSW many years ago. It is huge and every bar in the 6th street area is overrun. I understand that if you have never been to Austin this might not make sense. SXSW is a huge deal. If you do a few websearches for the overall festival you will get the idea. They needed Brad to come back and be the bachelor since Chris L turned them down. He probably had the flexibility to put stipulations in his contract. Him being at his bars would be a big draw. It would be advertised on at least radio and possibly newspapers. I don't find it strange for him to delay the media tour a couple of days to be in Austin. I am not speculating if F1 is in Austin with him as I don't know, just I don't think the delay is really cause for concern either way.
    And it's St. Patrick's Day next week too, traditionally one of the busiest nights for bars. (Just had to mention my fave holiday!)

Quote Originally Posted by wannawin2nite View Post
    As beautiful and sweet as Emily is, she wasn't finding love as a single mom in Charlotte, and in her words, something was missing in her life. Unlike the other women seeking fame and fortune and maybe love, for Emily to do the show it required sacrifice - being away from Ricki. I think Madison's quote was very telling. I think she did fall in love with Brad, because for the first time, she could focus just on her feelings and not be worried about Ricki.

Nibbles, I too have struggled with Emily's lack of enthusiasm about Brad. However, I think she is shy, cautious, and not wanting to be hurt or hurt Ricki. I don't think we will be hearing that she has picked up and moved to Austin. But I do think there will be a long distance romance and plenty of trips back and forth to give Brad a chance to get to know Ricki. No way could Emily accept a marriage proposal with just one day for Brad and Ricki to bond in front of cameras. We have every reason to believe that Ricki's wellbeing is Emily's first priority.

To me the lack of appearances makes sense. Until they get a chance to be together as a family (and that can't happen until after the finale), there is nothing to talk about. Brad is in love, and MF will have to just give this one time.

Well said.

I'm confused. Why are people assuming their reasons of cancelling a few days before doing the media rounds and making it seem like that's the real reason. It could be anything but what if they just want some alone time as a couple or a family before doing media rounds. The show just ended and they can finally relax without being so discrete about their relationship. There's nothing wrong with that.

And it's crazy how now many people are thinking that maybe he chooses Chantal. That'll definitely be a huge surprise for me, but I'm sticking to what the show originally said. No gimmicks. No surprises. Old school regarding the FRC and the season.