Page 14 of 328 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464114 ... LastLast

Thread: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

Re: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

Quote Originally Posted by Amrie55 View Post
    I never liked Jen for Andrew, they kept her in the background a lot, but I knew something was up because their kissing was hot!!!

There was a supposed big love story between Andy & Tessa, but I didn't see any chemistry whatsoever.....I guess I was right about that one.

I think Brad & Emily are Andy & Tessa part two. Same plotline, same fake love story, no one will notice when they break up.
    Yep. Both choosing based on perfection for future family Christmas cards, not feelings IMO.

As far as favorite seasons go, it's all Bettes for me: Meredith, Trista, Jillian, and Ali, despite the varying degrees of success of the couples, I loved those seasons. I also loved Andrew as the Bachelor. Jake's season was extremely entertaining too, probably because I really liked his girls, even Vienna.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Max64 View Post
    [/B]

I agree that someone being so perfect is boring to watch, (why is Jeremy for DeAnn's season coming to mind ) but I think Emily is far from being the perfect girl that MF has been showing us. I do think Emily is a down to earth girl with a quick sense of humor, and it's unfortunate that we didn't see more of it. If you watched close you did see a little here and there that was more telling of her personality. Like when she called Michelle a smart a$$, or saying Oh $hit when she dropped the marshmellow or the key in the water, or teasing Brad for being a bit older than her. I'm looking forward to the ATFR to see how they both are together now that this will be all done.
    I haven't been an Emily fan, but that scene with the marshmallows was adorable. I would have loved to see a season of multi-dimensional, real women. I just think these editors are total lunkheads. I was thinking about scripted romances (especially ones where the man is choosing between two women) and I love where the one not chosen is a good person, but just not right for the leading man. I love the Baroness in the Sound of Music. She's a little hard, but a good and gracious person. And Maria isn't perfect; she's a derelict nun! I don't need the "F2" to be an evil figure, I've got the Nazis for that! I didn't need Chantal or Emily to be all good or all evil, I've got the Fleissmaster for that! I know they're trying to make compelling television, but flattening out the real-life people into stereotypes is lame. Plus, at least in my case, it made me root for Chantal because no one can be as perfect as Emily was being portrayed.

I hope the real Emily does shine through on Monday. And, just once, I'd love to see a smile on her face with Brad that comes anywhere close to matching her joy in pictures with Ricky. It would make this all seem so much more believable. For now, I would have been worried about Brad breaking Chantal's heart and I'm worried about Emily breaking Brad's because the investment doesn't seem to be there on her end. And that makes me wonder what she's really up to. But as I've said before, I think Brad is kookoo for Cocoa Puffs over his Em, she's now invested her daughter into this man in some way (maybe more so if she is actively planning a move or a marriage,) and she deserves a living, breathing true love, so I pray for the best for everyone. And I can't wait to get the lowdown on C's new love; he looks adorable!

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by one71721 View Post
    That isn't included in the definition of a southern belle.

Actually the title "southern belle" is very outdated. True Southern Belles no longer exist.
    I guess it's okay to address this here since it's general chat? hope so.

I've got to disagree that true southern belles don't exist anymore b/c that's certainly not true. I've got a couple of friends here in GA (one is from NC the other from GA) who are tried and true 'belles'. Both are mid-30's, went to finishing schools, would never be caught dead without makeup, refuse to wear open-toed shoes when it's 90 degrees out if it's after Labor Day and impressively could put a person down while smiling sweetly and using their genteel manners. Obviously there's much more but all you have to do is look at them and they scream southern belle, as does Emily.

'Course, I'm the total opposite, having grown up in the North and being a tried and true Yankee (not Yankees fan, God forbid, but a Yankee) - I have no problem running to the store in a hat and sweats with no makeup and if it's hotter than Hades outside, I don't care what the date is on the calendar, I'm wearing shorts and flip flops.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post

I've got to disagree that true southern belles don't exist anymore b/c that's certainly not true. I've got a couple of friends here in GA (one is from NC the other from GA) who are tried and true 'belles'. Both are mid-30's, went to finishing schools, would never be caught dead without makeup, refuse to wear open-toed shoes when it's 90 degrees out if it's after Labor Day and impressively could put a person down while smiling sweetly and using their genteel manners. Obviously there's much more but all you have to do is look at them and they scream southern belle, as does Emily.

'Course, I'm the total opposite, having grown up in the North and being a tried and true Yankee (not Yankees fan, God forbid, but a Yankee) - I have no problem running to the store in a hat and sweats with no makeup and if it's hotter than Hades outside, I don't care what the date is on the calendar, I'm wearing shorts and flip flops.
    me, too but if it's an important date... laughing as I am single... I am dressed to the hilt and smile like the sweetest southern belle you ever met but my grammar is a bit better than my talking posts on here!!! Southern to a fault!! HA HA Go Braves!
    Go wherever you go...... WITH ALL YOUR HEART

I'm ready for the bach'ette Ash, now. My son is going to kill me if he lands on FORT these days seeing my new avatar

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ef13579 View Post
    So guys, what's your favorite TB/ette season ever? I've only watched since part way through Jill's... so all I know of the previous seasons are from the little bits that you guys mentioned through this season. What seasons/dates/epis in particular are memorable or you'd suggest for me to watch?
    My favorite bachelor seasons were Andy's (season 10) and Andrew Firestones (season 3). 'Course neither of them are with the women they chose but those are the standout bachelor seasons for me.

And you can't go wrong with Trista's season (it's much shorter) if you can stomach the baby voice and if you watch that, then you have to watch the bachelor party and wedding (if you can find them) - they were great!

I'll give you fair warning now - prepare yourself to fall in love with Ryan - Charlie (Trista's F2) was pure hotness but Ryan would melt any girl's heart. Years and years later, I still have a Ryan crush.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Favorite seasons:

Andy, Trista, Jilly, Ali (not in that order though)

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post

RE Bold: I do not mean this in any sort of derogatory way what so ever, but "they still have those??!! "

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22 View Post
    Ugh, what about Matt Grant and Shayne Lamas? That was the Worst. Season. Ever.
    Yup! Except for Amanda and Nicole! and the moo cow.

Quote Originally Posted by bevorules View Post
    I live in the south and whether or not you dye your hair platinum has nothing to do with Southern Belle. I know southern belles who are natural brunettes or red-heads as well as blondes. It is the rest of it that makes her a belle, the manners, the politeness, the diplomacy, the decorum, and the careful way she steps. The make up doesn't eliminate her as a belle. Nail salons are very in vogue here so the nail thing is on the mark.

Hi there...long time reader, first time poster..
    I have to agree with the Southern Belle comments you made. I grew up in the South and have lived most of my adult life in the South as well. I am a redhead....have never attempted the blond thing. I do get my nails done regularly (just a treat for myself) and I can certainly relate to the way Emily talks. I use "goodness gracious" all the time......lol. And I can kind of see where the Southern Belle ways might come off as a little boring especially for TV. You are spot on though about the manners and politeness as that is taken pretty seriously down here.
    I have personally been a Chantal fan this season but am truly hoping the best for Emily and Brad (assuming the spoiled outcome is correct). I have seen flashes of hilarious and sarcastic in Emily, which I love. I really wish we had seen more of that side of her this season! I feel like the edit she received is different than a lot of what we have seen, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by mprssdbyu View Post
    me, too but if it's an important date... laughing as I am single... I am dressed to the hilt and smile like the sweetest southern belle you ever met but my grammar is a bit better than my talking posts on here!!! Southern to a fault!! HA HA Go Braves!
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!