Thread: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

Re: General Bachelor chat - spoiler forum

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    well..after so many years of watching the only times I have seen the lead/F1 be able to get out of media is that they were not a hot item for Fleiss to market and as far as I know...that only happened with Travis/Sarah..because they set it up for him to pick her...and PLO...I just don't think he was into women at all...nothing to sell...now this might be an exception and I might be wrong...but like I said I just don't see Fleiss letting them out of it this easy is unless he himself is getting something out of it
    This time maybe Fleiss is selling a "true love story" so he is letting them call a bit more of the shots since they seem to be so popular?
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I cheerfully admit I'm not a sleuther. I don't have the time or the expertise to take that on, but I do salute those who are willing and able to do so, as the rest of us really enjoy your efforts. That being said... ...the thing I like about FORT is I have always felt welcome to post my thoughts and opinions, regardless of whether they went with the general flow of who was liked/loved/F1 or not. I think it's doing the board a huge disservice to create two tiers of participants, the sleuthers and the rest of us, because often when that happens, one is elevated to be better than the other, and that helps to facilitate the dissent that usually occurs at this time of the season. I for one salute those who didn't give up on their favourite, Emily, whether that loyalty occurred because of sleuthing clues or the fact that they liked Emily the best. It's all ok. It's ok for people to like different people, regardless of the outcome. I am sensing that a lot of the people who enjoy Chantal feel relieved that the outcome has been revealed. They wish her well and are ready to move on. If they don't like Brad, that's ok too, I'm sure he doesn't care one bit who likes or dislikes him on the internet.

One thing I will say, though, and this is with all due respect for BFC and Emily's friends who have been posting here all season: I appreciate your inside info, even when it stings, but I will also admit it makes it very hard to have dissenting opinions here at FORT. At least, for me it does. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, so sometimes I don't want to post anything negative because I feel like I'm being rude to people. But then I remind myself that the rules here state it is OK to post about the people on the show, good and bad. I hope that the friends and family who visit us here (and possibly the girls themselves... Chantal!) realize that many on this board view and talk about the show is a disassociated state, meaning we don't know these people we just know the edited version of them we're being shown, and that's what we talk about.

Whew, glad to get that off my chest! Is it Monday yet???

Good points. The people who choose to go on these shows haven't been living in a cave for the past however many years of this show. The know that as contestants and leads, they are going to be talked about in forums such as this, and some of the opinions and comments are going to be favorable, and some are not. They should be mature and self-aware enough to know whether that would upset or offend them (and their friends and families) too much, and if so, they should stay home, lead their lives, and not expose themselves and their loved ones to anything they might not like.

One other comment ... we do get a highly edited version of these people, but funny how it turns out that often what we see and comment on is what we get. We knew Jake was a tool when he was a contestant, and that was confirmed when he was the lead and what ultimately happened after filming. The same with Vienna. We knew Jill was making a mistake with Ed, and we had Ed pegged as a player, and so he was. We loved Reid and knew he deserved someone wonderful (same with Chris L), and they both turned out to have a lot of integrity and found great women after their seasons on the show. It's time to stop attacking people for having negative or unpopular views of these people. Maybe we can sense something you can't. In any case, as has been stated ... they come on this show and make themselves fair game. Nobody held them at gunpoint and forced them to be there. Nobody here should be attacked, belittled, accused of being jealous or mean or callous for their views. Of course if their friends come here, they're going to defend them. That's what friends do. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, and some of us just read people better than others, even on an edited reality show. Maybe we're right, maybe we're wrong. Same goes for you.
    Last edited by Lucky22; 03-11-2011 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobslueth View Post
    If they hadn't done People I would be suspicious. Did any of these others do People and then not do the media rounds?
    Not that I can remember. But I don't know how many seasons ago they started the People shoot. I can only remember as far back as Jason/Molly doing an interview/shoot.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

Quote Originally Posted by skitts View Post
    It's all good...however please know that you ask many to "overlook/accept" the edited TV Brad and then "embrace" the real life Brad. Sometimes difficult to reconcile when "real life" women and their "real life" emotions are taken into account. Said women bared their hearts and all they get in return was 'it was not a close race'.
    So understand but those that have seen more than one or two of these shows should know how they go and should be able to get more of their emotions in check I would think. Maybe I am more of a calm person than some on the boards...don't know.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    my point was that if Fleiss was letting them postpone the media..it had to benefit him in some way...Fleiss just doesn't do things out of the goodness of his heart...he doesn't have one...right now they are his current hot meal ticket...and he wants to sell sell sell and if he's letting them wait he's getting something out of it
    You know, I sorta have to agree with this too....I wonder if there is another reason that he did give them a few days....things that make you go hmmmm.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by babyfaceC View Post
    Can you show us the part of the contract that says they have to do media the day after the finale airs? There is a give and take aspect to the lead's relationship with the producers. He has given them a lot and asked for a little. Mike Fleiss doesn't walk around in a darth vadar costume stomping on people and blowing fire out of his nostrils. They want some time to exhale before they do anything. That is all. Doesn't mean anyone is pregnant or the relationship is on the rocks. Breathe in.. Breathe out
    Breathe in... Breathe out.... Move on....

See everyone back in ATX - and goodbye to all the fun people at FORT. I joined up in 2007 as a positive voice for the real gentleman under fire. Giving up the forum for Lent... and for good if Brad promises this really IS the last season for him. Always around to balance the tides as needed. Thanks to BFC and Brad for remaining among my favorite Southern gentlemen. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I cheerfully admit I'm not a sleuther. I don't have the time or the expertise to take that on, but I do salute those who are willing and able to do so, as the rest of us really enjoy your efforts. That being said... ...the thing I like about FORT is I have always felt welcome to post my thoughts and opinions, regardless of whether they went with the general flow of who was liked/loved/F1 or not. I think it's doing the board a huge disservice to create two tiers of participants, the sleuthers and the rest of us, because often when that happens, one is elevated to be better than the other, and that helps to facilitate the dissent that usually occurs at this time of the season. I for one salute those who didn't give up on their favourite, Emily, whether that loyalty occurred because of sleuthing clues or the fact that they liked Emily the best. It's all ok. It's ok for people to like different people, regardless of the outcome. I am sensing that a lot of the people who enjoy Chantal feel relieved that the outcome has been revealed. They wish her well and are ready to move on. If they don't like Brad, that's ok too, I'm sure he doesn't care one bit who likes or dislikes him on the internet.

One thing I will say, though, and this is with all due respect for BFC and Emily's friends who have been posting here all season: I appreciate your inside info, even when it stings, but I will also admit it makes it very hard to have dissenting opinions here at FORT. At least, for me it does. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, so sometimes I don't want to post anything negative because I feel like I'm being rude to people. But then I remind myself that the rules here state it is OK to post about the people on the show, good and bad. I hope that the friends and family who visit us here (and possibly the girls themselves... Chantal!) realize that many on this board view and talk about the show is a disassociated state, meaning we don't know these people we just know the edited version of them we're being shown, and that's what we talk about.

Whew, glad to get that off my chest! Is it Monday yet???
    Actually to me, anybody who is posting on the sleuth/spoiler side of the board is a sleuther. Your insights are invaluable to us in figuring things out whether it follows the majority or not. There is more to sleuthing than caps and patterns, and your insights into what you see in the edit are as valuable to us as anybody here. You don't have to use a magnifying glass to a cap to be a sleuther. Simply floating a theory on the edit thread might lead us to the winner.

I certainly hope that none of us hold any of us better than others whether we agree on the F1 or not. We just all have different ways of contributing to the consensus. For some it's body language, for others it's edits, and yet others it's caps and patterns, and yet others are insiders who provide us with info on how these people are in real life which helps us learn compatibility. We are all sleuthers in our own way.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

Quote Originally Posted by skitts View Post
    It's all good...however please know that you ask many to "overlook/accept" the edited TV Brad and then "embrace" the real life Brad. Sometimes difficult to reconcile when "real life" women and their "real life" emotions are taken into account. Said women bared their hearts and all they get in return was 'it was not a close race'.
    Everyone is edited. Everyone's edit should be scrutinized. Did a participant say "feel sorry for me" or did the show imply that we should feel sorry for them? Big difference. Every woman who went on the show knew what they signed up for. If F2 would have been F1 would she want to think that it actually was a close race? How would I feel if my wife told me that an hour before I proposed she had just decided to end it with the other guy she was dating?

Quote Originally Posted by Fair Balancer View Post
    Breathe in... Breathe out.... Move on....

See everyone back in ATX - and goodbye to all the fun people at FORT. I joined up in 2007 as a positive voice for the real gentleman under fire. Giving up the forum for Lent... and for good if Brad promises this really IS the last season for him. Always around to balance the tides as needed. Thanks to BFC and Brad for remaining among my favorite Southern gentlemen. Cheers!
    We will miss you during lent. I want to echo my thanks for Babyface C and Brad as well. I like both Emily and Chantal and am glad Brad found hapiness and that Chantal was able to find a new relationship. I want to wish all involved all the hapiness that life can bring for them. As to our cynicism, you have to understand why we have it with the history of this show.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

babyfaceC posted:
    In short, you are welcome for the insight that I give... Even if it contradicts what may have been read in INtouch magazine
    Similarly, you are welcome to listen for the insight that posters here can give, based on years of interactions with many past contestants.

Funny thing is... When you defend a friend on the show you expend all of this energy and only a very small percentage of people are willing to listen and are open to change their mind from some opinion they've developed for whatever reason.

You would think more people would be interested in the insight a friend has but I've found that if people don't hear stuff that fits neatly in their little box, they reject it.
    Being interested in your insights does not mean that one must then accept it all as unbiased truth. He's your friend. You cannot be impartial.

I think I understand why you are posting here. As jlccaz aptly explained,
    I respect/understand why the inner circle takes to the boards personally...not beause the complete strangers who "live" on the boards live for the chance to parse every word (which they do). Rather, it's strategic and useful as a reputation management device.
    This is exactly why it does not make us unreasonable to maintain an opinion that differs from your own.