Page 94 of 103 FirstFirst ... 4484858687888990919293949596979899100101102103 LastLast

Thread: *Spoilers* 3/7 The Bachelor: Episode 10 WTA

Re: *Spoilers* 3/7 The Bachelor: Episode 10 WTA

Quote Originally Posted by Peppermom View Post
    What is a "better self"? I am far from perfect but I am always the best I can be and am very lucky to have husband that loves me just the way I am and I never feel like I need to be "better". Just be me. IDK. Works for me.
    Mercy if I got any better I would be perfect........just kidding. Couldn't resist.

I agree peppermom.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

FORT Newbie

Don't know where else to post this......did the Possessionista post the FRC dresses? If so, where?

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by nikkij_26 View Post
    Brad also said with Emily he can be himself but, a better self.
    Funny..Didn't Chantal say that about Brad...where she want to be a better person to put him first or something like that?

Boy this Bachelor lingo is making my head spin..

FORT Regular

Finally watched a little bit of this. Ashley S. and Emily are around the same age, no? That's just weird to ponder because Emily looks and acts soooooo much older than Ashley! I guess having a kid at 18 REALLY matures you quick.....but the discrepancy in their respective maturity levels is still kind of jarring when you realize they're the same age!

(For the record, being around that age, I'm closer to Ashley so I'm not saying she's immature for age at all....or if she is, I am too then ( :
    Dating a guy like Womack at this age....just a ridiculous proposition to me! Ashley S needs to go much younger and more energetic.)

Quote Originally Posted by glazedover View Post
    Don't know where else to post this......did the Possessionista post the FRC dresses? If so, where?
    She posted the names of the dresses and we tracked pictures down... they're over in the s/c discussion thread They're beautiful!
    TEAM CHANTAL //BOCA FOR BACHELOR

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by cakewalker View Post
    Finally watched a little bit of this. Ashley S. and Emily are around the same age, no? That's just weird to ponder because Emily looks and acts soooooo much older than Ashley! I guess having a kid at 18 REALLY matures you quick.....but the discrepancy in their respective maturity levels is still kind of jarring when you realize they're the same age!

(For the record, being around that age, I'm closer to Ashley so I'm not saying she's immature for age at all....or if she is, I am too then ( :
    Dating a guy like Womack at this age....just a ridiculous proposition to me! Ashley S needs to go much younger and more energetic.)
    This is why, although I adore Chantal, I would pick Emily for Brad. Their temperaments seem much better suited to each other. They are both a bit stiff and old-timey to me. I think Chantal would be bored to tears in 6 months.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by ef13579 View Post
    She posted the names of the dresses and we tracked pictures down... they're over in the s/c discussion thread They're beautiful!
    Thanks so much! Any idea around where in the thread?

Quote Originally Posted by glazedover View Post
    Thanks so much! Any idea around where in the thread?
    I think we started discussing it around page 14/15 for Emily's... Chantal's dress comes in around page 18-19
    TEAM CHANTAL //BOCA FOR BACHELOR

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22 View Post
    Why does he have to be "better"? That implies there's something wrong with him as he is. I wouldn't want to be with someone who makes me feel there's something wrong with me, that I'm not good enough, just exactly as I am. I'm into personal growth and all that, but would not want to feel that the person I'm with thinks I need to be "better," or for me to feel I need to be better to be worthy of them.
    It's funny though, Roberto said that Ali makes him a better man or whatever, but then Ali says Roberto loves her and her flaws and it's okay if she does everything "wrong." Hmm. So maybe it's a man/woman thing.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22 View Post
    Why does he have to be "better"? That implies there's something wrong with him as he is. I wouldn't want to be with someone who makes me feel there's something wrong with me, that I'm not good enough, just exactly as I am. I'm into personal growth and all that, but would not want to feel that the person I'm with thinks I need to be "better," or for me to feel I need to be better to be worthy of them.
    Your misreading the statement and making it something it's not. He has never said that Emily has said or made him feel he needed to be better, or that who he was is not good a enough. It's simply the love he feels for her inspires him to want to be the best person he can be. It's not a new, uncommon or complicated concept. It's no different than a guy saying he wants to give a woman the world, when all she wants is him. It's him being inspired by his feelings for her that makes him want to do that. He doesn't presume he's perfect and can make no mistakes. Nor is he striving to be perfect and make no mistakes. However, for her he wants to be the best imperfect self that he can be because he feels she deserves it. He just a guy unabashedly, overwhelmingly in love, and for what she brings to his life she inspires him to be the best. It's the opposite of someone bringing out the worst in him, like Laurel. With Laurel he's himself but, a worse self, lol. There are some people who with their own demeanor, personality and love can bring out the best in people. It's not just wives, girlfriends, or lovers. It's teachers, children, special people you meet in life. For some I guess it's hard to believe edited Emily could bring that out in someone. However, that doesn't make it untrue. Brad is just a dude in love.