Page 102 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2529293949596979899100101102103 LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1021

Thread: *Spoilers* 3/7 The Bachelor: Episode 10 WTA

Re: *Spoilers* 3/7 The Bachelor: Episode 10 WTA

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    Brad also appeared to be truly in love his first go 'round. He lied then, how do we know he and BFC aren't lying now?

this is about redemption - in order to be redeemed he has to pick someone and appear to be happy and in love for a period of time. We know he picked someone - now we just have to see how long that period of time is. I expect Emily will be the scapegoat and the bitch that left the man who finally fell in love.
    Because he's a changed man.

No emoticans necessary for this statement.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna View Post
    Because he's a changed man.

No emoticans necessary for this statement.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

I expect Emily will be the scapegoat/fall girl and pegged as the bitch that left the man who finally fell in love.
    Oh, I really, really, truly hope this does not happen. She is so young, and if it doesn't work out I hope they don't try to blame it all on her. Sheesh!! Out of all these shows, how many couples have worked out? What is the percentage?

So, 20 Bachelors and 7 'ettes, is this right? And by my count, three couples still together. I suck at math, but what is that...roughly 11% chance of staying together? If it fails, it won't be anyone's fault I'm sure, just par for the course.

Brad also appeared to be truly in love his first go 'round. He lied then, how do we know he and BFC aren't lying now?this is about redemption - in order to be redeemed he has to pick someone and appear to be happy and in love for a period of time. We know he picked someone - now we just have to see how long that period of time is. I expect Emily will be the scapegoat/fall girl and pegged as the bitch that left the man who finally fell in love.
    I would agree BUT, the last time he wasn't chirping about it and smiling like a Cheshire cat and neither was BFC. He was more the toting the company line man the last time or maybe the entire bachelor experiences has managed to cloud my already feeble memory.
    I know I'm in my own little world, but it's OK. They know me here.

Quote Originally Posted by albean99 View Post
    Good point, TNmom. I watched the lovely video that Cupcakes made and felt that while it showed a lot of good moments it left out the bad moments where the conversation was stilted and they sat a foot apart. Of course Fleiss could have edited out much of the good stuff but what we saw actually happened and it you did a video with just that you'd have to wonder why she's still here
    Are those really "bad moments," though? They may not make for particularly interesting television , but are pensive, thoughtful, awkward, stilted, physically-separated moments in relationships bad? I thinks it's pretty common and normal to have them occasionally (moreso if you have a cameraman following you around...), even in great relationships...but I don't know that I consider them "bad."

I think we are so used to seeing SO MUCH forced physical intimacy on this show that we have come to consider moments like these as lacking in intimacy, when in fact, there might be more emotional intimacy going on than we realize. (And if Emily is F1, hopefully there is.) These moments don't particularly follow the Bachelor script --moments that might have otherwise been quiet and/or awkward (for television, at least) are instead filled with kissing, or jumping up onto one another and wrapping legs around each other. That's not necessarily intimacy, it's just better television.

We have started to view these moments of forced intimacy as romantic... perhaps we are also viewing as lacking in romance the moments that actually have quite a bit of it? I dunno....
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pdilly1 View Post
    You know that right...oposites sometimes do attract. My husband and I are opposite. Some of my friends told me not to marry him. I did. We have been married over 30 years. The ones that told me not to marry him have all been divoriced and some on their 2nd and 3rd marriages. Go figure. You have to follow your heart. No one knows it better than you.
    Same here. I have a temper, am silly, loud, crude, love to be surrounded by friends and I'm always joking around. My husband..never gets mad, doesn't like crowds, is quiet, kind of shy and is so serious that I tease him that he's an 80 year old man in a 37 year olds body. But he's a good man, keeps me on an even keel and we'll be celebrating 11 years of marriage this May. Somehow..it just works.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

Brad also appeared to be truly in love his first go 'round. He lied then, how do we know he and BFC aren't lying now?

this is about redemption - in order to be redeemed he has to pick someone and appear to be happy and in love for a period of time. We know he picked someone - now we just have to see how long that period of time is. I expect Emily will be the scapegoat/fall girl and pegged as the bitch that left the man who finally fell in love.
    The first time around I didn't see him as being in love. Also, the first time around I didn't hear him basically "shouting it from the rooftops". I heard more someone who was skirting the issue whenever he could, and especially as the season neared it's ending. We also didn't have BabyfaceC verifying anything, if anything he just supported "brad's decision" if i remember correctly. In other words, Brad was nothing like he was this season.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by TNmomof4 View Post
    The first time around I didn't see him as being in love. Also, the first time around I didn't hear him basically "shouting it from the rooftops". I heard more someone who was skirting the issue whenever he could, and especially as the season neared it's ending. We also didn't have BabyfaceC verifying anything, if anything he just supported "brad's decision" if i remember correctly. In other words, Brad was nothing like he was this season.
    I have said this more than once..

Quote Originally Posted by KareyR2 View Post
    But this makes no sense to me. You should strive to be the best person you can be for your own self...not for someone else. You should be complete before someone else comes into your life. What a load of crap!!!! If someone is making you better then you were not in a good place in your own life to begin with!!!! YOU are the only one who can make your life better!!! This whole mindset is nonsense, and truly sickens me, and negates women's power. JMHO
    Thanks
    ETA...I am on vacation in Mexico...love this place, and realizing now, I am very, very behind on the boards by several pages when I wrote this response. If you are all past it...just ignore! Well you all ignore me anyway, so nothing lost, nothing gained! Carry on and sorry for the semi distraction. Gracias
    Karey
    There truly are people who motivate you, inspire you, support you...and you want to be with them because, in return, you find yourself becoming a better person, with more to give back to the other (and more to give to others outside the relationship.) There are also people who damage you and throw you under any oncoming vehicle...and you need to be well and truly rid of them, because they drag you down and diminish you, leaving you with little to give back to the other (and perhaps not even caring whether you do.)

I don't think this applies only to romantic relationships, but to all relationships. If you are in a relationship (with anyone), there is nothing amiss in the idea of [B]each [/B (both) ]of you wanting to bedcome better as a result of the other. Isn't that the ideal relationship -- one in which you both want to, and are, better as a result of the relationship, one in which you build something together?
    Girls will make passes
    I'll find them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by TNmomof4 View Post
    The phrase "shouting it from the rooftops" came directly from Brad's mouth. That's how strongly he felt about telling us who the future "Mrs. Brad Womack' was going to be.

In hindsight, obviously it was not the name of the future Mrs. Brad Womack that he wanted to shout from the rooftops, but the overwhelming relief he had that Mrs. Brad Womack was neither of the women that showed up at the podium thinking they were about to become Mrs. Brad Womack. But that's only something we know in hndisight. At the time, many, many people interpreted his comments to mean that he was going to be closing the lid to the potties in his home so that Deanna didn't fall in.
    Girls will make passes
    I'll find them for you.