Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Media Articles Only - No Discussion *Possible Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: Media Articles Only - No Discussion *Possible Spoilers*

http://www.popeater.com/2011/03/15/brad-womack-emily-maynard-body-language/
    Body Language Experts: 'Bachelor' Brad and Emily Can't Stand Each Other
    By Jo Piazza Posted Mar 15th 2011 06:30PM

We now know it's splitsville for 'Bachelor' Brad Womack and Emily Maynard. Of course, we had to suffer the entire 'After the Rose' ceremony to learn that nothing is turning up roses for the reality television couple. Our body language expert Vincent Harris says he knew right from the start that these two were kaput. The subconscious doesn't lie, and Brad and Emily's bodies were pretty much screaming, "Get me the heck out of here!"

"I rarely stick my neck out this far, but this would not be a marriage that lasted long, or was too blissful while it did," Harris, the author of 'The Productivity Epiphany,' tells us.

Trouble was obvious right from the start of the show, when Chris Harrison asked the pair: "Do you consider yourself an engaged couple?"

Emily flashed a micro-expression of fear.

"It was a brief tightening and thinning of the lips, followed by 'I do' with a high pitched upward inflection at the end. This was indicative of doubt in what she is saying," Harris says.

While Brad was rubbing Emily's arm, she was patting his. No one wants a pat.

"Patting is what we do with people we have at an emotional distance; rubbing is a more intimate movement," Harris explains.

When Emily was asked a second time about being ready to get married, she said, "Right now, in this instant? I love you" (Upward inflection = Lies), "but no" (Powerful downward inflection on the "no" = She means no!)
    Last edited by Arielflies; 03-15-2011 at 09:02 PM.

After their relationship seemed shaky during the After the Final Rose special last night, fans of The Bachelor became skeptical of Brad Womack’s engagement to Emily Maynard. But the host of the hit reality show, Chris Harrison, has confirmed the couple — who seemed to have the perfect fairytale ending — is still going strong.

“I can assure you, they are together,” Chris told Access Hollywood on Tuesday morning.

“I’ve actually talked to Brad. We taped the final rose special about a week ago, but I’ve talked to him several times since… and they are as good as they’ve ever been,” he added. “They’re doing fantastic and Brad… he wanted everyone to know that they’re as good and as strong and as sure about their relationship as ever.”

Chris also revealed that Brad, 38, and his 24-year-old fiancée watched the “Final Rose” special together from his hometown of Austin, Texas.

“She’s in Austin and went to his home to watch the finale last night and they actually went out last night. So, they went out on the town in public for the first time,” he said. “He could not be happier, doing great … and so, again, the whole reason they’re not here today, they want to get the heck out of the spotlight and start living their life.”

ABC released a statement today on Brad and Emily’s behalf, noting the couple wishes to be left alone to continue their romance in private.

“At long last, Emily and I can be open to the world and each other about our relationship. Though we are madly in love, it has been a bumpy couple of months for us and our priority right now is to focus on our relationship. We hope that you can respect our privacy as we return to normalcy and begin our off-screen lives together,” the statement from the couple read.

As for the special TV wedding in Anguilla ABC has planned for Brad and Emily (a first for the show) Chris explained: “We planned it and we wanted to do it, but Emily was like, ‘You’re not going to make my wedding day a secret. I’m not going to be able to send out invitations, have my friends and family and make it a huge [day].’ ”

“A first marriage, a first wedding, you don’t steal that from a woman,” the host continued. “That’s a very special day and so even though we could have brought some family in, it wouldn’t have been the event that she wants it to be.”
    ‘Bachelor’ Brad & Emily Are “As Good As They’ve Ever Been” Says Host Chris Harrison - OK! Magazine - The First for Celebrity News
    "People throw rocks at things that shine and life makes love look hard but my choice is you" -Bremily

"Treat others the way you want to be treated."

'The Bachelor' creator on his long-running franchise: 'The romance space is ours'

It’s definitely good to be Mike Fleiss: Not only did the 15th edition of his reality show The Bachelor finish strong on Monday, ABC renewed the unscripted series for a 16th season and picked up The Bachelorette for a seventh (premiering May 23). The network has also granted a second season to Bachelor Pad, meaning it will have some form of Bachelor related programming on its schedule eight months out of the year.

Still in a party mood over Monday’s finale, Fleiss talked to EW about his new bachelorette, that spoiler sport Reality Steve, and why we’ll never see a complete unknown hand out roses ever again.

Why did you choose Ashley H. as your bachelorette? I don’t know, she’s kind of cool, she’s spunky and she’s got a lot personality. It’s also the first time we had an actual professional woman as a bachelorette. She’s not a party planner, she’s a dentist! [Editor's note: She's actually a 26-year-old dental student from Madawaska, Maine, but whatevs]. That’s a good step for us. I think it’s a cool good lesson for young ladies out there to see an accomplished woman still struggling to put the personal side of her life together. That’s something a lot of women can relate to. She will be a different kind of bachelorette!

Did you ask Chantal O’Brien? Yeah, Chantal quite possibly would have been our bachelorette, if she hadn’t not, quote-unquote,’ fallen in love with some goofball in Seattle. I’m sure they’ll be together forever.

What about Shawntel Newton, another fan favorite? Yeah, there were a lot of possibilities. We just felt like Ashley had the most fan appeal.

Reality Steve spent most of the season predicting that Chantal will be the winner. Once he owned up to being wrong, fans crowed that he had been `Fleiss’d.’ Did you or anyone involved in the show feed him misinformation? I wish I could take credit but he duped himself. He’s nuts, a goofball. He says these things with 100 percent conviction but he’s right only half of the time. It doesn’t matter that much to us, it’s just that he acts like he knows everything. He’s the Michele Bachmann of reality TV facts. But the leaks are not really coming from production. They’re coming from former cast members. That’s a hard thing to police. The best way to combat him is to let himself shoot himself in the foot.

How far along is casting for the next Bachelor Pad? It’s going to be good. We learned a lot from last season. We had some pretty wild characters come through. We start shooting The Bachelorette tonight, so some of these guys may end up being on Pad too [Sadly, he's forbidden from divulging who's joined so far].

Will you ever go back to casting unknown bachelors or bachelorettes? I can’t imagine how we would ever get back to that. This works so well for us. People are invested in these characters, they are who they are tuning in for. We have enough new blood by design. We have one returning character with 25 or 30 new faces. I don’t think we need new blood across the board. Can you imagine if it was someone not like Ashley, who was brand new? It makes the show feel small of all sudden. It would be hard to get people interested.

Will we ever see a bachelor or a bachelorette who is not white? I think Ashley is 1/16th Cherokee Indian, but I cannot confirm. But that is my suspicion! We really tried, but sometimes we feel guilty of tokenism. Oh, we have to wedge African-American chicks in there! We always want to cast for ethnic diversity, it’s just that for whatever reason, they doen’t come forward. I wish they would.

You just finished your 15th edition of The Bachelor. What’s it feel like to survive for so long? There have been so many Bachelor rip-offs. We tell better stories, we cast more relatable people, and we’ve survived when others fell by the wayside. I’m so proud of that. I’m glad we have this big territory. The romance space is ours. We did 20 million viewers on Monday and have another cover of People magazine, despite the fact there is some really important stuff going on [in the world]. There’s a degree of absurdity to that. But I think our ratings are way higher. People watch this show in groups. We know virtually every college campus has a Bachelor screening party. We average good, solid ratings but the number of magazine covers we get sort of tells us a different story. You’d be hard pressed to find people in the country who didn’t know what happened on Monday. For a show to be on 10 years, it’s a miracle!
    'The Bachelor' creator on his long-running franchise: 'The romance space is ours' | Inside TV | EW.com

Brad Womack's Ex Has Candid Advice for Emily: Get Out Now!

What do you know? Brad Womack's ex-girlfriend isn't too psyched about him being engaged to someone else.

But Laurel Kagay maintains that she isn't bitter. Rather, she's just looking out for a fellow LOB (Lover of Brad).

"The pattern has started, and she better get out as fast as she can," Kagay exclusively tells E! News, referring to the day-after scoop that Brad and fiancée Emily Maynard have had a "bumpy" few months.

"Now the letters, flowers and promises begin," Kagay says. "She will most likely fall into Brad's BS. I just hope she doesn't do it as long as I did."

WATCH: Brad pops the question

Kagay, upon claiming that Womack proposed to her just a few weeks before he was due to repeat as the Bachelor, told E! News earlier this month that she had a rather tumultuous relationship with the Texas bar owner and that they broke up "hundreds" of times over the eight years they were on and off.

But though she warns Emily to watch out, she admits that her two cents probably aren't going to do much to change the outcome of things.

"I'm sure she doesn't care what I have said to the public," Kagay says. "But if she is smart, she will see that she is living what I was living. It is hard and definitely not healthy for a child. I am so happy to finally be done with our cycle, but it really does make me sad that another woman is in my shoes."

Chris Harrison told Ryan Seacrest this morning that Emily's daughter Ricki, her child with her late fiancé, is certainly a big factor in why she didn't immediately pick up and move from North Carolina to Austin to be with Brad.

"I really respect the fact that she threw the brakes on this thing," Harrison said.

Kagay, too, thinks it was "smart of her not to move to Austin."

"I do not see a future with Brad and Emily," she says. "He obviously has not changed...I thought they would have made it a little longer but there is no going back now...Breakups and makeups are not a way to live."

True, but...is there anyone out there—who isn't Chris Harrison—who's hoping for the best?

"I think, honestly, what's happening is they're having issues," Jake Pavelka-dodger and former Bachelorette Ali Fedotowsky tells Giuliana Rancic in an interview airing tonight on E! News at 7 p.m and 11:30 p.m.

"They're having troubles. And they don't want to sit there and air that out for everyone to dissect for them. They're taking it away from the limelight and handling it together at home. That's really what they should be doing right now."

And Ali is apparently still engaged to her pick of the litter, Roberto Martinez, so she should know.
    Brad Womack's Ex Has Candid Advice for Emily: Get Out Now! - E! Online

Chantal O'Brien ('The Bachelor')

Chantal O'Brien's journey on The Bachelor came to a heartbreaking end in South Africa when Brad Womack chose to send her home and propose to fellow finalist Emily Maynard instead. The 28-year-old from Seattle, WA, had developed a chemistry with Brad early in the season, and was the first woman to confess that she loved him back in Costa Rica. During an appearance on After The Final Rose, she said that she had no regrets about the experience, and even revealed that she has since embarked on a new relationship. Here's what she told reporters earlier today...

What was going through your head when Brad started saying that it wasn't going to be you...
    "At that point I was just trying to tell myself not to cry or freak out. As you can see it took a lot! I was just really trying to hold myself together at that point."

You were emotional talking to Brad on After The Final Rose. Where do your feelings for him lie now?
    "I went through this experience completely openly and honestly, and a lot of time has passed since what everybody saw in South Africa. I am completely over Brad, but going back and watching the tape was emotional because I was reminded of what I was feeling at that time, how crushed I felt, and how hopeless I felt at thinking, 'Am I ever going to meet someone?' A lot of the emotions you saw in that was me thinking of how horrible a place I was in at that moment; that's what really affected me. What you saw with Brad was wanting to feel I wasn't the only one who had emotions, I wanted to make sure we both felt that there was something during that journey."

You seemed to be frustrated when Brad said that you "deserved" to be in the final two instead of him wanting you to be there. Did you ever think that he was already emotionally invested in Emily or did you think he returned the strong feelings you had for him?
    "I was 100% convinced that Brad had strong enough feelings for me that he would propose to me at the end. If I had thought at any point it was not that, I would have packed my bags and gone home. That's why I said over and over again, 'If you're not feeling me, please send me home'. There was no reason for me to be there to just be there."

Do you think he was downplaying his feelings on After The Final Rose so as not to upset Emily?
    "I definitely think he was downplaying what we had. I think it's pretty undeniable when you watch the show [and see] what we had; it was special and we definitely had great chemistry and he did have feelings for me, but I think he is probably in a tough situation right now."

Were you surprised to hear about Brad and Emily's problems?
    "I was actually really shocked. Honestly, I had no idea until watching along with you guys last night because I was kept in a separate room so I didn't see their filming. I was very surprised."

Do you have any advice for them?
    "I think just to tune out everything except for them and their relationship will really be key. Obviously they feel something special towards each other so you have to move on and try to be as normal as possible."

You revealed last night that you are in a new relationship so why were you crying about Brad on After The Final Rose?
    "The reason I was crying on AFTR was because I had just seen the letdown for the first time so I was more crying at seeing myself cry, which wasn't so easy to do. You heard me say a little bit that I am seeing someone new. I can tell you that he is great and super supportive and has not been watching the show which is a bonus!"

How did you feel about spoiler reports that you might have been the one Brad chose?
    "It happened really fast so it was hard at the beginning, getting congratulations [from people] but I think it kind of gave me a thick skin pretty fast which was something I needed to get through the rest of the season."

What advice do you have for future contestants?
    "The biggest advice I can give to any future bachelorettes is to go into this with an open heart and open mind, and not be scared of being vulnerable or having real emotions."

Do you think Emily and Brad will make it?
    "I really don't know what will happen to them. I'm not privy to their relationship or what goes on. I would like to think they will work out because he had strong feelings for her, as you can see. Who knows what will happen, we can only hope for the best for them."
    Television - Interview - Chantal O'Brien ('The Bachelor') - Digital Spy

Chris Harrison talks 'Bachelor' Brad, Emily

The season finale of The Bachelor saw Brad Womack proposing to Emily Maynard in a romantic setting in South Africa, telling the children's hospital events planner that she was his "once in a lifetime", and pledging to take care of her and her young daughter Ricki before dropping to one knee to pop the question.

The couple appeared on After The Final Rose afterwards, where Emily admitted that she wasn't ready to marry Brad yet, saying that she wanted them to spend more time together, although she insisted that she loved him and saw wedding bells in their future. The pair have since revealed that they want to focus on their relationship and future life together out of the spotlight. So, how are they doing now? Here's what host Chris Harrison told reporters earlier today...

Were you surprised that Brad chose Emily in the end?
    "I wasn't at all. I wasn't surprised at who the final two were or Emily ending up with the final rose. From the moment she got out of the limo, Brad took a liking to Emily. They just had something that was a little different... What he had with some of these other girls was really real, whether it was Ashley or Chantal, but he always had something different with Emily, and he always talked a little differently about her and their relationship. You could just tell there was something there and in the end it was very clear it would be her."

When did you hear they were going through a difficult time like normal couples?
    "It was several weeks after we shot in South Africa. It was really when the show started airing that it became a big problem. Part of that was, self-admittedly, Emily's insecurity at watching Brad on the show and watching him with Chantal in particular. What Brad and her shared was real and it was tough for her to watch that. Maybe in hindsight she wouldn't watch the show again. Part of the problem with them was going through a normal relationship, having to deal with watching the show, and seeing the bulls**t that was printed in the tabloids... I felt bad for them; some of the things that were said went way behind the line of decency. It's not that they didn't sign up for this - they opened their lives up and they know that and I know that - but there is a line of decency that was definitely crossed with them."

Emily suggested during After The Final Rose that she was not willing to move to Austin yet. Did they ever discuss where they would live?
    "Brad was very forthright with Emily and they've talked about it extensively. It's not that she won't move to Austin, it's that having kids, you can't make decisions for yourself any more. I think all things being equal Emily would move to Austin yesterday, but all things aren't equal. She has a daughter who has a life and is in school, so you have a larger responsibility. Emily is in Austin right now and they're spending time together, then Brad will be up in Charlotte. I think they will go the Jason and Molly route. Jason had to do the same thing for his son; he couldn't just go to Michigan and be with Molly. It's a different route they have to take. I think they'll get there but Emily will have to be reassured this will really work before she ups and moves to Austin."

Emily also mentioned that Brad has a temper. Did you ever experience that?
    "I did not, although why would anyone ever be mad at me?! We talked immediately afterwards when we were saying goodbye and Emily said she felt bad at saying that word... She regretted bringing it up because it made Brad seem like a monster who is tough to deal with. He's not. I promise you they are two of the most stubborn people you will ever meet. Neither one is wrong. And sweet little Emily can handle herself too and she is stubborn as a mule! They butt heads and have knockdown, drag out fights like normal couples do. When she brings it public and says [he has a temper], I think everybody thinks, 'Oh my God, he's yelling at her and is verbally abusive and a bad guy'. That's not the case."

Do you think they will work out their issues and pull through?
    "I do. It's easy to say it won't work, but from my perspective, it's two friends of mine that I have gotten to know, and I think they will try to make it work and will fight like hell. The reason I give them a good chance now is, I think, before you had these two stubborn people butting heads as they were apart and dealing with being apart. Now it's over and they are together, they have a bit of a unified front. I've talked to Brad this morning and last night and know that it is kind of working in their favor in this respect. It's them against the world. Now instead of the tabloid BS causing problems and a rift in their relationship, they can laugh at it and talk about what a joke it is... I think that's one of the great things about having Molly and Jason, Trista and Ryan and Ali and Roberto on the show [last night]. They have been in their shoes and could pull them aside and say, 'You are bigger than this, this is about you guys. Don't worry about the tabloids or all the garbage going on, do what you want'. And what they want right now is to be alone and go have a relationship, so that's what they are doing."

You said last night that they initially thought about getting married on After The Final Rose. Can you elaborate on that?
    "Brad had mentioned it as soon as the show was over, and both of them were very excited to get married, saying, 'Let's do it tomorrow!' Once we got back to the US and realized things were going very well at this time, we decided, 'Hey, let's make After The Final Rose a wedding'. We went to Brad and said, 'Let's do this', and he was on board and was excited about it. At first I think Emily was pretty open to it but the more she thought about it, to take a woman's wedding day from her and make it a private event is not a good idea! When she does get married she wants to do it right, she doesn't want it to be a secret from family and friends and everybody; that was one reason. I think also the more she thought about it the more she realized rushing into a wedding with a daughter and not 100% sure where this is going would be a little irresponsible so I think she is the one who really hit the brakes and slowed it down and decided, 'Let's wait this out, watch the show and see where we are', which was a responsible, smart thing to do and I'm glad that she did it."

How long do you think it will take them to get to the altar?
    "I don't know when they will get married. I hope it's soon… but whenever it is, I promise you I will be there front and center. If I was guessing, I would probably guess Ali and Roberto would walk down the aisle first and then Brad and Emily. I didn't want to put them on the spot either. I want these couples to live their lives. I want Ali to have a wedding when it's right for her. I love the fact [that she and Roberto are] still together and living in San Diego and doing good. I love that Brad and Emily are in Austin right now and starting to date and going out in public for the first time, so I do think they will get married but when, I don't know."

Chris Harrison will host the new season of The Bachelorette, starring Ashley Hebert, from May 26 on ABC
    Television - News - Chris Harrison talks 'Bachelor' Brad, Emily - Digital Spy

FORT Newbie

People magazine issue for this week. Interesting article inside. My apologies for the bad scanning job on my end. Someone is going to re-post these for me so they are larger.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by traceyu10; 03-16-2011 at 08:47 AM.

FORT Newbie

last 2 pages:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast