Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Media Articles Only - No Discussion *Possible Spoilers*

Re: Media Articles Only - No Discussion *Possible Spoilers*

'The Bachelor's' Chris Harrison: Tabloid BS, Brad and Emily and new 'Bachelorette' Ashley Hebert - From Inside the Box - Zap2it
    "Bachelor" host Chris Harrison spoke with the press Tuesday (March 15) to debrief on Brad Womack's final choice and subsequent relationship drama with Emily Maynard. He has quite the issues with the media coverage of the show.

When a weekly magazine asked at what point he knew Emily and Brad were having problems, Harrison had a pointed response.

"It was several week after we shot. It was really when the show started airing that it became a big problem. Part of that was, self-admittedly, Emily's insecurity ... watching him with Chantal, in particular. Maybe in hindsight she wouldn't watch the show again," says Harrison. "Seeing the bulls*** that was printed in the tabloids. When you have tabloids throwing money left and right ... printing just garbage, to save a failing magazine, that's tough to deal with. Some of the things that were said went way beyond the line of decency ... there's a line of decency that was definitely crossed with them. I think that's part of the reason they've decided 'Screw it, we're not doing press today.'"

He goes on to talk about a specific internet piece where "inside sources" are saying Brad and Emily are completely over.

"An 'inside source' says Brad and Emily are broken up for good. It's so ridiculous and it's such BS, you can't go out and fight every stupid rumor, all you can do is laugh at it ... What they want is to be alone, to go have a relationship."

Harrison had a similar response regarding the issue of leaks about the show's results.

"Not to go to a larger picture here, but it's gonna happen. In this day and age, that's where we are in this world. Whether it's tabloids putting out paparazzi pictures of us on the road or WikiLeaks dropping national security secrets. In this day and age of Twitter, Facebook, blogs, there's no accountability," says Harrison. "Journalism has changed so much and it's a broader topic I'll get into more when I teach college about how to be a responsible journalist ... I actually speak at USC from time to time and other places. Having grown up as a journalist, I started as a newscaster and sportscaster, I look at the stories that are printed now and laugh. I would've been fired for putting out some of the stories that are put out now."

Moving on to more lighthearted topics, Harrison is confident that Brad and Emily are goign to work things out.

"All things being equal, I think Emily would move to Austin yesterday. But she has a daughter and [her daughter] has a life and she's in school," says Harrison. "Emily's in Austin right now and they're spending time together. They're going the Jason/Molly route and Jason did the same thing for his son. Jason couldn't just go off to Michigan to be with Molly."

"It's easy to say it's not gonna work, but from my perspective, I think they'll make it work, I think they'll fight like hell," says Harrison.

And moving on the "The Bachelorette," Harrison says that Ashley Hebert will be a great woman for the next installment.

"She's gonna do great. She's a spitfire, she has this great charisma and charm. She's a professional, which I also love. We really haven't had a true professional woman as the Bachelorette before, being a dentist and all that. I'm think she has this great likability ... it's gonna be a great season."

Trouble in Paradise: Are Bachelor Couple Brad and Emily Already Broken Up? - E! Online

It's not exactly happily ever after for the latest Bachelor couple. But then again, it never is.

Yes, it appears that there's already trouble in paradise between Bachelor-no-more Brad Womack and his newly unveiled fiancée Emily Maynard—something which is no doubt unsurprising to anyone who's picked up a tabloid.

So what's the problem this time? Are Brad and Emily the latest lovebirds to fall prey to the Bachelor curse? And are they even still together?

MORE: Meet the newest Bachelorette!

Let's start with the last question: yes. At least, for now.

"At long last, Emily and I can be open to the world and each other about our relationship," the duo—who interestingly enough are defying the typical press-hungry reality couple route and not making themselves available to the media—said in a joint statement.

"Though we are madly in love, it has been a bumpy couple of months for us and our priority right now is to focus on our relationship. We hope that you can respect our privacy as we return to normalcy and begin our off-screen lives together."

Hot damn, you mean these two crazy kids are actually more interested in their relationship than the publicity said relationship could yield them? That's just crazy enough to work!

Host Chris Harrison, who also didn't back down from sugarcoating the couple's less than smooth ride together, also seems convinced that the two-time Bachelor and the pretty single mom have what it takes to make it.

"They're already having their troubles, which doesn't bode well," he told E! News' Ryan Seacrest this morning. "In particular, this couple is a little bit bigger than them—this is what I think is really troubling Emily, it's not just her, it's her daughter, and she thinks very highly of that.

"She's not just going to up and move to Austin like some single girl could. It's her and Ricki. There's a lot more to think about than just her and Brad."

Harrison went on, noting that Maynard's daughter, and the idea of whether Brad is ready to become a full-time father, was one of the issues they were dealing. (And also one of the issues that featured prominently on last night's finale.)

"It's been extremely hard," Harrison said. "They actually broke up a couple of times. They both are incredibly stubborn, they're very much alike and neither one of them give. And they've had some knock-down drag out fights."

Still, while their troubles aren't entirely in the past, Harrison admitted that both are "so bound and determined to make this work" and that they're connection is undeniable.

"He just had this thing for her really from the beginning," Harrison told Seacrest, adding that Womack was "really just smitten with the girl…in a weird way he was nervous around her and almost awkward at times."

Ah, young love. So how are they holding up now, together, out of the spotlight?

"They're doing as good as they ever have," he said of the couple, currently holed up together in Austin. "They are extremely happy and they are really trying to make it work."

We're rooting for you guys!
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

'Bachelor' Brad and Emily: It's Over Already, Really | PopEater.com

EXCLUSIVE: Moments after Brad Womack proposed to Emily Maynard on last night's 'Bachelor' finale, millions of fans were shocked to learn that the couple have already gone through a breakup, and while Brad told viewers he was ready for marriage, sources tell me the couple has since broken up for good.

"Emily is so insecure, she just isn't cut out for all the fame and attention her relationship is under," a show insider tells me. "The six weeks of shooting the show in paradise was easy, away from prying eyes and photographers, but since they both returned to their normal lives things have been a disaster."

During the finale, Emily, mom to 5-year-old daughter Ricki, accepted Brad's proposal, beating out fellow contestant Chantal O'Brien for Womack's heart. The actual proposal was a tender, romantic moment of television.

"You're so much more to me than a leap of faith," he said. "You're the one. You're my once in a lifetime. I'm asking you to give me your forever."

Later, Emily admitted having trouble watching Brad get intimate with different ladies every Monday night. She also admitted that Brad's temper in real life also took her by surprise. Despite their problems, however, Brad has been trying valiantly to make the relationship work.

"Emily is not able to forgive Brad for what she considers cheating week-after-week with other girls," an in-the-know producer tells me. "It's always hard sending the couple back into reality after they have been living in paradise, but no one in the history of the show has had as hard a time adjusting as Emily."

Like many fans, my source "would love to say they are going to make it, but they don't. After we taped the 'After the Rose,' it was clear to everyone that this one was not going to work."

Too bad, we were rooting for you.

Ashley Hebert Is the New 'Bachelorette' : People.com
    While, in the end, she may have failed to capture the heart of Bachelor Brad Womack, Ashley Hebert is now confident she'll find love when she calls the shots as ABC's new Bachelorette, premiering May 23.

The fourth-year University of Pennsylvania dental student from Madawaska, Maine, is eager for people to get to know her for who she really is – and not the insecure woman seen vying for Womack's affection.

"A lot of what happened between Brad and me brought out some weird side of me that doesn't define who I am," insists Hebert, 26.

For starters, Hebert is back to her natural brunette hair color.

"People think this was a change to go dark when, actually, the blonde [on The Bachelor] was a change. I went back to my roots," says Hebert, who hopes to find a guy that "makes me feel comfortable, somebody with a positive outlook on life who's going to be supportive and loyal."

And what will Mr. Right find in return? For starters:

1. She's a trained dancer.
    "I was trained in ballet and jazz, and I do hip hop for fun. I teach beginner classes at the school's fitness center," she says. But the new man in her life need not necessarily know how to boogie. "That's not a requirement," she suggests. "I don't want him to make me look bad!"

2. She's a showgirl.
    Hebert was Maine's Junior Miss in 2002. No wonder she was so at ease posing for the 2011 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue.

3. Fish are not food.
    Despite hailing from the land of lobsters, Hebert is not a fan of seafood. "I can't eat it – shrimp, lobster, nothing. I can't get past the smell and the texture."

4. After being sent home by Brad, she found warmth from another.
    "When I got home from last season, I adopted a puppy, a teacup Yorkie, and her name is Boo," says Hebert, noting that Boo has become her all-time favorite snuggle buddy. "She's the love of my life – right now."

5. She has a tattoo of a rose on her foot.
    "During the season with Brad, a bunch of us got these," Hebert says of the tiny rose on the inside of her right foot, between her ankle and her heel. "Now it has a whole new meaning, right?"

Chris Harrison Defends ‘Bachelor’ Brad & Emily: ‘They Want To Make It Work’ | Access Hollywood - Celebrity News, Photos & Videos

LOS ANGELES, Calif. --

While “Bachelor” fans continue to debate if Brad and Emily are still together, host Chris Harrison tried to put some of the rocky romance rumors to rest.

“I can assure you, they are together,” Chris told Access Hollywood on Tuesday morning, following Monday night’s season finale, which saw Brad propose to Emily.

After the finale, the couple hit the annual “After the Final Rose” show and revealed they’ve indeed hit a few bumps in the road along the way.

“I’ve actually talked to Brad. We taped the final rose special about a week ago, but I’ve talked to him several times since… and they are as good as they’ve ever been,” the reality host added. “They’re doing fantastic and Brad… he wanted everyone to know that they’re as good and as strong and as sure about their relationship as ever.”

In fact, the couple watched the finale and the “Final Rose” on TV together, Chris revealed.

“She’s in Austin and went to his home to watch the finale last night and they actually went out last night. So, they went out on the town in public for the first time,” Chris said, revealing a text message he got from Brad on Tuesday morning with the information. “He could not be happier, doing great … and so, again, the whole reason they’re not here today, they want to get the heck out of the spotlight and start living their life.”

On Tuesday, ABC released a statement on behalf of Brad and Emily, noting their wish to be left alone.

“At long last, Emily and I can be open to the world and each other about our relationship. Though we are madly in love, it has been a bumpy couple of months for us and our priority right now is to focus on our relationship. We hope that you can respect our privacy as we return to normalcy and begin our off-screen lives together,” the statement from the couple read.

When it comes to the wedding, it wasn’t necessarily marrying Brad that Emily was opposed to – but rather, what she wanted to avoid was having a secret TV wedding — according to Chris.

“We planned it and we wanted to do it, but Emily was like, ‘You’re not going to make my wedding day a secret. I’m not going to be able to send out invitations, have my friends and family and make it a huge [day],’” Chris explained, adding that he understood her position. “A first marriage, a first wedding, you don’t steal that from a woman. That’s a very special day and so even though we could have brought some family in, it wouldn’t have been the event that she wants it to be.”

AH NATION POLL: Do you think Brad & Emily will make it to the altar? CLICK HERE to cast your vote!

Despite cynicism from viewers and fans, having seen more than his share of TV proposals first-hand, Chris insists Brad and Emily have what it takes to make their relationship last.

“You know, I do [think it will last]. Look, it’s so easy to say it won’t. Statistically, it won’t work. Statistically, your neighbors are going to break up and they’re going to get a divorce, so it’s easy for people to be like, ‘Yeah, they’ll be done in a week’ or whatever. But I don’t know. Call me a hopeless romantic, but I know these people and I know they want to make it work,” he contended. “Do they have their work cut out for them? Absolutely.

“They are two of the most stubborn people you’ll ever meet, so if any couple will fight like hell to do it, it’ll be them,” he added.

'Bachelor' Finale Ratings Plummet 15% From 2010

The show still propels ABC to a Monday win — despite earning the lowest finale ratings in almost three years.

The three-hour finale of lovelorn reality staple The Bachelor powered ABC to a win on Monday night averaging a 4.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 13.8 million viewers overall. But it is a statement on the broadcast competition that The Bachelor put ABC in lead despite posting its lowest finale ratings in almost three years and falling 15% compared to last spring’s season ender.
    Finale Ratings Plummet 15% From 2010 - Hollywood Reporter

New 'Bachelor' couple Brad Womack and Emily Maynard already on the rocks - San Jose Mercury News

New 'Bachelor' couple Brad Womack and Emily Maynard already on the rocks

By Randy McMullen
    Contra Costa Times
    Posted: 03/15/2011 03:46:30 PM PDT
    Updated: 03/15/2011 04:20:31 PM PDT

Hello, they must be going?

Brad Womack proposed to single mom Emily Maynard on Monday's season finale of "The Bachelor," but the couple have already admitted their relationship has not gone well since that episode was taped. And some reports say the relationship is already kaput.

"At long last, Emily and I can be open to the world and each other about our relationship," Womack, 38, and Maynard, 25, told People magazine in a joint statement Tuesday. "Though we are madly in love, it has been a bumpy couple of months for us, and our priority right now is to focus on our relationship."

They added, "We hope that you can respect our privacy as we return to normalcy and begin our off-screen lives together."

Uh-oh.

"Respect for privacy" in celebrity jingo means one of two things: Someone's in rehab or a romance is toast. And according to Pop Eater online columnist Rob Shuter, that's precisely the case.

"Since they both returned to their normal lives, things have been a disaster," a "Bachelor" told Shuter, adding that Maynard is convinced that Womack has cheated on her repeatedly.

But "Bachelor" host Chris Harrison claims that despite "some knock down, drag out fights," Womack and Maynard "are really trying to make it work."

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast