Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Media Articles Only - No Discussion *Possible Spoilers*

Re: Media Articles Only - No Discussion *Possible Spoilers*

hughhefner: Brad knows we watch "The Bachelor" & he has invited us to the wedding to Emily
    Playboy - A message to Hef & Crystal - TwitVid
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

"Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Chantal O'Brien in a 'Really Good Place' After Bachelor Finale

Bachelor fans saw Texas bar owner Brad Womack gently let down Seattle executive assistant Chantal O'Brien on the season finale Monday night so that he could propose to single mom Emily Maynard.

But the adventurous 28-year-old O'Brien was confused by the dismissal, leaving a puddle of tears behind in South Africa. PEOPLE spoke to O'Brien, who happily reports she's back in Seattle and "in a really good place."

It was sad watching you leave on the finale.
    I'm doing a lot better! What you saw on the finale, I had just gotten my heart broken. There I was thinking this is someone I could have a future with and they didn't want to be with me. It broke my heart. But in the time since then I've had time to heal and move forward.

You were emotional on the After the Final Rose special.
    It was hard to go back and see those memories I had. I think it's undeniable when you watch the show the chemistry that Brad and I had. Anyone that watched the show could see it.

Before the season aired, some reports erroneously said that you were the woman Brad was engaged to. How did you deal with that?
    I came home and within about a week there were spoilers that came out that Brad and I were engaged and that he'd spent Thanksgiving with my family. I started getting text messages and calls saying 'Congratulations!' There were times it was difficult because obviously just getting back, I've just had my heart broken and everyone is congratulating me. At the same time, I tried to be a good sport about it.

Did you get closure after talking with Brad on After the Final Rose?
    I did. It's a difficult situation to go and see somebody you had a relationship with. Brad found somebody that was what he was looking for and I wish them happiness. I'm in a really good place, too, which makes it a lot easier to say.

You are dating a Seattle businessman named Jeff Razore.
    That's correct! I think because of my [Bachelor] experience, it's allowed me to be where I am now and be in a relationship.

So life is good in Seattle?
    I'm back into normal life, which I'm really happy with. I'm still living in the house you saw on the show; I'm working for my dad and just spending time with friends and family. Things are going really well.
    Chantal O'Brien in a 'Really Good Place' After Bachelor Finale - The Bachelor, Brad Womack : People.com
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

Hilarious local blog:

http://www[dot]austin360[dot]com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/tvblog/entries/2011/03/15/recap_the_bachelor_week_11.htm l?cxntfid=blogs_tv_blog
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Both Brad's and Chris' Blogs about the Finale and ATFR are available on the non-spoiler forum index.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Bachelor Brad: It's Been a Bumpy Couple of Months : People.com
    Love isn't easy especially on reality TV.

Brad Womack proposed to single mom Emily Maynard on Monday's season finale of The Bachelor, but the couple admit it's been a rough road.

"At long last, Emily and I can be open to the world and each other about our relationship," Womack, 38, and Maynard, 25, tell PEOPLE in a joint statement Tuesday. "Though we are madly in love, it has been a bumpy couple of months for us and our priority right now is to focus on our relationship."

Rumors have circulated that the pair have already broken up, but they remain engaged.

"We hope that you can respect our privacy as we return to normalcy and begin our off-screen lives together," they add in the statement.

The Bachelor host, Chris Harrison, who has been in touch with the couple recently echoed the sentiment during an interview on Ryan Seacrest's radio show Tuesday. "It's been extremely hard," he said. "They've had some knock down, drag out fights."

But now, "they are doing as good as they ever have," insists Harrison. "They are extremely happy. The good thing is they are really trying to make it work."

Bachelor Host: Brad and Emily Have a Tough Road Ahead, But Want to Make it Work - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

Although The Bachelor finale ended with a proposal, viewers later saw that life after reality show romance isn't all roses. Brad and Emily remain together, but with neither ready to move from where they call home. Says host Chris Harrison: "It will be tough." But Harrison is also optimistic and tells TVGuide.com: "They're both two of the most stubborn human beings I've ever met [and] they both want it to work."

Why are Brad and Emily choosing to keep quiet today?
    Chris Harrison: They said everything last night ... so they're like, "We're done. We don't have anything else to say." They're in a really good place and want to work on that. ... The After the Final Rose was unlike any show we've ever done. In the past it might've been about some drama, but last night it was all about helping them.

It was almost like a Bachelor intervention.
    Harrison: It really was. The whole thing was designed to help them, get the information out because they would've been hounded, but then try and fix it which they both want to do. Having past couples was something we came up with ... We said let's go a step further and bring back the ones who have gone through this, especially Jason and Molly. Jason's really walked in his shoes before, and it was fun to sit back and talk to these guys.

Emily was certainly a sparkplug last night.
    Harrison: Brad always says "sweet Emily" with a joke because she's a pistol. She's a strong little Southern woman. And if you know Southern women, they're sweet up until the time they're not.

Did you ever have any doubt Brad would choose Emily?
    Harrison: It easily could've been Chantal. They really went well together ... Many of us thought it would be her. Every Bachelor or Bachelorette has to go back and say, "You were the one, baby, from the moment I saw you," but that's so they don't get their a-- kicked at home. That's revisionist history. He was smitten with Emily from Night 1 and it turned out to be beautiful, but there were a lot of other relationships doing well. Even he and Ashley had an amazing relationship from the first date until Anguilla.

So do you think they'll work out?
    Harrison: I do, only because of their resolve and they're both two of the most stubborn human beings I've ever met. They both want it to work. I think it'll be slow-going and I know they are so excited, especially Emily. She's giddy for today so ready for this day for it in a sense to be over, and start living now.

What's your best advice for them?
    Harrison: This is tough, because Emily has a child, but if they stay separated in Austin and North Carolina it's going to be really tough. She doesn't want to uproot her life and daughter for something she's not positive about. And, having kids, I totally understand. He has all of his life and his businesses and everything that keeps him going in Austin, so it's going to be hard for him to up and move.

Ashley Hebert named the next Bachelorette

Are you happy that Ashley H was named Bachelorette?
    Harrison: She was one of my favorites from the beginning. She's dynamic, she's a strong professional woman ... She's very smart and eloquent; it's going to be an easy show to host.

She just has to admit when she's in love this time.
    Harrison: She will give it up. I told her this season that's our theme: no regrets and no rule

With thanks to jlccaz for the heads up, here is the Jimmy Kimmel monologue clip from last night. The Bachelor portion starts at the 4:25 minute mark. Jimmy Kimmel Live 3/14 Full Episode - Jimmy Kimmel Live! - ABC

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast