Page 72 of 73 FirstFirst ... 22626364656667686970717273 LastLast

Thread: What Will Happen at the FRC?

Re: What Will Happen at the FRC?

The ads leading up to Brad's first season had CH voiceovers that said "Who will be his bride?" when TPTB already knew Brad didn't pick anyone...
    Ain't Love Grand!

I noticed at least a couple of people upthread speculated that the f2 goodbye would be short and then more attention paid to the happy couple. If you've ever watched the show you know that's not how Fleiss works. He devotes most of the show to the MTP and LCDs and then the majority of the rest to the f2 person being heartbroken. Fans of the couple at the end are lucky if they get 5 minutes and a short video. It's topsy turvy imo. I guess you can hope for some drama involving the couple so it will be longer this time because it's not like Fleiss is going to develop a heart at this late date.

[edit]
    Last edited by Arielflies; 03-06-2011 at 01:32 PM.

FORT Newbie

Check out the very romantic video by cupcakes in utube.Search for it "Brad Womack and Emily Maynard - Your Heart and Mine".I am 101 % sure Emily is the Chosen 1. Brad will have a very emotional proposal at the FRC. Prepare for the waterworks. Don't sit in front of your TV without a hankie, tissue or towel in hand

Quote Originally Posted by bing22 View Post
    Check out the very romantic video by cupcakes in utube.Search for it "Brad Womack and Emily Maynard - Your Heart and Mine".I am 101 % sure Emily is the Chosen 1. Brad will have a very emotional proposal at the FRC. Prepare for the waterworks. Don't sit in front of your TV without a hankie, tissue or towel in hand
    Is there any other way for non-US residents to watch her video? I'm dying to watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by albean99 View Post
    I noticed at least a couple of people upthread speculated that the f2 goodbye would be short and then more attention paid to the happy couple. If you've ever watched the show you know that's not how Fleiss works. He devotes most of the show to the MTP and LCDs and then the majority of the rest to the f2 person being heartbroken. Fans of the couple at the end are lucky if they get 5 minutes and a short video. It's topsy turvy imo. I guess you can hope for some drama involving the couple so it will be longer this time because it's not like Fleiss is going to develop a heart at this late date.

[edit]
    [edit]
    With regards to camera time for Chantal, I was in sleuthing mode when a poster pointed out the camera was on ChrisL for a very long time during his exit. At the time, they were probably hoping he would be the next bachelor, hence the long painfull exit. I have thought through this whole season, that Chantal was being edited for the next 'ette, however at times I wasn't so sure. My opinion of her is she's a spoiled brat, she will say and do whatever she feels like doing. Setting up that twitter account is one example. Therefore, I wondered if they even want her as the next 'ette, do they want another Ed, who we were told would do and say whatever he wanted and drove everyone crazy.

I will be watching her exit carefully, if its a long drawn out exit, then maybe they did ask her and she declined, if its short and simple, then I'll have to go with they had no intention of asking her. I'm not sure how far in advance they edit, but it is something to keep in mind for future.

With regards to the bolded, its very telling of people's emotions over a crazy show and the influence the media has on people.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 03-06-2011 at 01:34 PM.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by madz View Post
    Is there any other way for non-US residents to watch her video? I'm dying to watch it.
    All you need is internet connection. Go to youtube.com.Search for the video title I stated. If you want to watch the replay of Bachelor episodes, either go to abc.com or hulu.com and search for The Bachelor. You can also find past episodes in youtube by typing Bachelor 15.I don't know if you have live ABC broadcast provided by a cable company in your country . If not I am sure the episodes will be available online a day after. Happy Viewing.

Quote Originally Posted by madz View Post
    Not certain about this one but many times I can watch some of these through youtube
    "It's just a show" - let's try not to trash people - tptb do that very well all on their own they don't need our help!

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel View Post
    [edit]

With regards to camera time for Chantal, I was in sleuthing mode when a poster pointed out the camera was on ChrisL for a very long time during his exit. At the time, they were probably hoping he would be the next bachelor, hence the long painfull exit. I have thought through this whole season, that Chantal was being edited for the next 'ette, however at times I wasn't so sure. My opinion of her is she's a spoiled brat, she will say and do whatever she feels like doing. Setting up that twitter account is one example. Therefore, I wondered if they even want her as the next 'ette, do they want another Ed, who we were told would do and say whatever he wanted and drove everyone crazy.

I will be watching her exit carefully, if its a long drawn out exit, then maybe they did ask her and she declined, if its short and simple, then I'll have to go with they had no intention of asking her. I'm not sure how far in advance they edit, but it is something to keep in mind for future.

With regards to the bolded, its very telling of people's emotions over a crazy show and the influence the media has on people.

While it's true they were hoping Chris L would be the next Bachelor, in truth he got such a long exit because they were trying to makeup time. Since Chris L got dumped early, and that didn't take very long, they had the time left that would have been used for the day & evening portions of his LCD since he didn't have one. So, they used the time that would have been day/eve LCD & FRC F2 dumping time/Limo PI time for his rainbow and boat exit with PI's. They also still had enough time left, especially not needing the time normally spent showing F2 getting ready for FRC, to give Ali & Roberto a little extra time too (Which I highly enjoyed the extra time for the couple).

Last edited by Arielflies; 03-06-2011 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel View Post
    [edit]

With regards to camera time for Chantal, I was in sleuthing mode when a poster pointed out the camera was on ChrisL for a very long time during his exit. At the time, they were probably hoping he would be the next bachelor, hence the long painfull exit. I have thought through this whole season, that Chantal was being edited for the next 'ette, however at times I wasn't so sure. My opinion of her is she's a spoiled brat, she will say and do whatever she feels like doing. Setting up that twitter account is one example. Therefore, I wondered if they even want her as the next 'ette, do they want another Ed, who we were told would do and say whatever he wanted and drove everyone crazy. I will be watching her exit carefully, if its a long drawn out exit, then maybe they did ask her and she declined, if its short and simple, then I'll have to go with they had no intention of asking her. I'm not sure how far in advance they edit, but it is something to keep in mind for future.

I suspect you have this backwards. Once she turned down the offer to be the Bachelorette, she no longer felt obligated to play by the producers' rules and started tweeting.

I also wouldn't read anything into how long her exit is. They are most probably editing the finale now, or recently finished, so it's likely they already knew that Chantal wasn't to be the next lead (because she turned it down) by that time. Her editing and focus in the previous episodes is proof enough for me that the intention was always for her to step into the role though, same as with Chris L. I don't think the producers ever assume they will get a turndown, but this time, at least they gave themselves a backup plan, and showed us just enough of Ashley to make her another viable option.

Regarding Emily and the "coal miner's daughter" line, it is misleading, because it harkens back to the story of Loretta Lynn, whose father worked in the mines and grew up in abject poverty as a result. That is the image that people get when the phrase is used, and being the daughter of the wealthy mine owner, who has a summer home in FL, doesn't match with the image. I don't really fault Emily for using the line initially, it also may have been at the producer's suggestion, to assure that her tragic heroine story was as heartbreaking as possible. She didn't continually talk about it, so I don't think she was trying to mislead Brad into thinking she was poor, but the producers were definitely using it to play on the audience's sympathy for poor widdle Emily.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 03-06-2011 at 01:35 PM.

I think the "Coal Miners Daughter" line was producer-driven. You're right, using that makes people think of Loretta Lynn and yes, poverty. Either Emily didn't understand the connotations connected with that phrase, or she was prompted to use it and didn't really think about it. Her Dad owns a mine, so maybe it seemed like a cute phrase to use to describe yourself. But in no way is this girl, with her background, a "coal miners daughter" in that sense.