Page 61 of 73 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071 ... LastLast

Thread: What Will Happen at the FRC?

Re: What Will Happen at the FRC?

Quote Originally Posted by Gina28 View Post
    May I offer you a glass of Kool-Aid. The Kool-Aid stand is up yonder around the winding dirt road. It's worth the trip.
    Thanks for the laugh, Gina. Be careful of that Kool Aid stuff, though. I hear it rots your teeth.
    "The book you are reading is one man's opinion of moonlight" - Young Girl Blues, Donovan Leitch

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by framikmin View Post
    snipped
    Also, Brad throughout the beginning kept asking the ladies to open up and be honest to express their feelings - Emily NEVER really did that till Anguilla but more in HTD.

Yes, Emily probably represents that bow on a package but in 8 weeks, as Brad would say REALLY, REALLY. She has a daughter he hardly knows. I'm not a single mother so I will ask those who are those this sound normal even knowing it's a TV show even more.
    We were only shown Emily opening up and expressing her feelings in Anguilla because TPTB edited it to appear that way. This created "doubt" in her edit vs. Chantal who was gushing about her love for Brad early on.

I suspect that Brad may have spent a little time with Ricki during the four months since the show ended. JMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    We have seen the their contract. They have to agree that if there is a marriage within a certain length of time, the show gets the right to televise it ( can you believe that), and get this, they only get $10K each or something like that. It really isn't a lot of money to pay for a wedding and their privacy.
    Maybe their wedding was filmed...and it will be shown.

Quote Originally Posted by Samantharose View Post
    Regarding the bolded. I would have felt sorry for Emily if the shoe was on the other foot. Most of us were under the impression she was on as a prelude to being the next Bachelorette and therefore not as emotionally invested in Brad. At times she didn't even look interested in him. That was just the edit.
    It was the edit, indeed. I kept waiting for something to happen with Chantal but it never did. The story was there with Emily all along, but per spoilers, some were looking in the other direction. Now I can't wait to see the FRC with Brad and Emily. It's going to be great.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by babyfaceC View Post
    If your predicted FRC includes anything other than saying goodbye to F2 and then "choosing" F1 you are just wrong. No aliens. No change of mind. Not even any tough decisions. If Brad says it was a tough decision he is either reading off of a cue card for the producer's sake or he is edited to make it sound like that. The most relieved he was during filming was when he was done doing the interviews following his goodbye to F2. At that point he could finally be himself and let it fly. No more watching what he says. Everything from that point on will be cometely unfiltered. So if you trust Lithargic's sources. The ones that were atleast 95 percent wrong already, have at it. Otherwise, just enjoy the finale

Okay, so it was Emily all along and it was a no-brainer for him to choose her. People get led on, it's the nature of the show, blah, blah, blah.

I get all that ... what I don't get is why bring to the F2 the one girl who asked to be let go several times if he wasn't feeling it? If the decision was so easy, why not spare her feelings and bring someone like Britt or Michelle, who wasn't as invested in the process?

All to make a good show?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by draven31 View Post
    I stopped reading at the bolded comment.. Let me ask how would Brad and Emily have met before the show. Where, Austin or Charlotte? It was very clear the Ricki had never met the man. How could these to have possibly met outside of the show?

I'm asking because this came up with Chantel as well . I thought it was crazy then to.

As for why he kept Emily all that time when she's wasn't throwing herself at him. Maybe it was because he saw her as a challenge. He was obviously attracted to her from the start. Once she showed interest in him also it was all over for him. That happened IMO on their first one on one date.. She told him about Ricky and that she's a Mom. He didn't run for the hills. She relaxed a little.. I do think he was a goner then. As long as she didn't shut down on him. She was going to be his choice, he just really didn't know it then but the writing was on the wall.

He wants a family . Loves his nieces and nephew and really wants to take care of somebody.
    How perfect that he found someone who really wants to be taken care of.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie View Post
    Okay, so it was Emily all along and it was a no-brainer for him to choose her. People get led on, it's the nature of the show, blah, blah, blah.

I get all that ... what I don't get is why bring to the F2 the one girl who asked to be let go several times if he wasn't feeling it? If the decision was so easy, why not spare her feelings and bring someone like Britt or Michelle, who wasn't as invested in the process?

All to make a good show?
    If Chantal saw the writing on the wall with Brad & Emily, maybe she agreed to go to F2 or F3 as she was interested in being considered for B'ette. Something we'll likely never know for sure.

FORT Fogey

All to make a good show?
    Amen moo pie........I am okay and can see the connection with Emily....if it wasn't a tough decision why continue with Chantal. If he felt she was emotional and the whole blah blah blah about her emotions especially in Amguilla like the people article implies he could have sent her home like she
    expected......I will never understand that and brad could have been an even beter
    man in my eyes if he would have......he dropped a few notices in my view of him...he Broke the rules and bucked the system more then once.....He just isn't my favorite honest bachelor anymore.....I will be okay but look forward to a new season.....
    Last edited by 4health; 03-05-2011 at 05:53 PM.

All to make a good show?
    She was suppose to go at F3. I don't think it matters though because its always sad to watch someone go at F2 whether they are invested or not. Kiptyn, a great guy, was not emotionally invested, and yet seeing him go was a little tough. To be taken to the end like that, then let go, is difficult no matter which way you look at it.

I strongly believe, even though Brad knew early on, I'm sure he felt bad for Chantal, and for all of them.

The discussion in the s/cap thread re two limo's on the day of the FRC, is very interesting. I'm wondering if the FRC will be different where the F2 is let go at another location.

FORT Fogey

All to make a good show?
    Brad said several times that he wanted to carry each relationship through to its end or something like that. That is the fair thing to do, however from the viewers perspective it can look like he's "leading someone on". Maybe he just wanted to give Chantal every chance to see if the relationship would work, that he owed her that much. I'm sure he cared deeply for her but in the end the decision was easy. In 20/20 hindsight he realized he knew early, but during the process he had a lot to figure out so it may not have been totally "clear" until the end. Also we have to remember that his relationship with Emily progressed soooooo slooooooowly. I'm not trying to imply that Chantal was his "back up" plan but it may not have been until closer to the end that he was even assured that Emily would stay (not by his choosing but by hers). She really did not appear to be "all in" until after the htd. I still think sometimes that Brad may have wanted to let Chantal go after the fd but his "relationship" with Ashley was so obviously over that he had no choice but to send her home. I sometimes wonder if that is why he pushed so hard, that he was maybe trying to find any reason to keep her, but she checked out big time.