Page 60 of 73 FirstFirst ... 10505152535455565758596061626364656667686970 ... LastLast
Results 591 to 600 of 725

Thread: What Will Happen at the FRC?

  1. #591
    FORT Fanatic nuts2uiam's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    675

    Re: What Will Happen at the FRC?

    Quote Originally Posted by iron cat View Post
    I see Brad as inflexible (nothing necessarily wrong with that) in that he does not plan to leave Austin, his business/career is an established one that probably will not change/evolve at all and that requires a certain lifestyle as to hours, and he seems to be in a hurry to start a family of his own, perhaps due to his age. Some leads go on this show with less specific agendas. There are also some who go on as contestants (ie on the other side) who have equal limitations as to their flexibility. I don't believe that being the lead means that they then have some greater intrinsic right to having their agenda fulfilled, it only means that they do the picking, and like you say, if the one they are interested in isn't willing to "fit into their life" if that's the only option offered, they are free to turn them down. To further illustrate my point, if Brad had instead been one of 25 guys seeking the hand of the Bachelorette, would that mean he would then be expected to move to where she wanted? I don't believe the show has ever established those parameters. It all depends on the people involved. {snipped}
    I agree. Let's look at it this way. Where in tarnation would a woman be if Brad, just said the heck with Austin, I will move to where ever you live, and we will just figure it out as we go alone. Great, no job, no home. I guess they will live on love. Granted, in Emily's case there is a big difference because she appears to be OK financially. But, can you just think about what people would say if Brad picked her (or Chantal, as both are financially stable) and had no home or job and simply uprooted with no means of support.? He would be a attacked as a gold digger. I can understand the thinking of some along these lines but, Brad does seem to have a plan of a larger home, and he does have a good business and salary behind him. And most importantly, he was honest and upfront about this from the start. I see it more as practical rather than inflexible. Just my thoughts
    Last edited by Arielflies; 03-05-2011 at 05:34 PM.
    I know I'm in my own little world, but it's OK. They know me here.

  2. #592
    FORT Fan draven31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    san antonio,tx
    Posts
    357

    Re: What Will Happen at the FRC?

    Quote Originally Posted by framikmin View Post
    WHAT IF - I've been reading and reading and something is off. I started to think we ALL know Brad and the kind of man he is. We know he was selected to come on the show when CL declined. We know that Emily was a late minute addition or WAS SHE? We've had spoilers, more spoilers, BFC, Blondie and many interviews and feedback.

    What if Emily and Brad have known each other earlier than the airing of the show. What if all of this has been a set up. I get that Emily is a southern belle reserved and calm but when in ANY of the seasons we have watched that NO one has cried especially at F1 and F2 , been insecure or emotional at one time or another. NEVER in my memory.

    Folks I think we've all been set up for a REAL reality show. The producers knew she would be the fan favorite, Chantal is completely the opposite and would have her own fan base regardless of RS.

    Ashley said it best - he was looking for a wife to fit his perfect life. What are the odds given this show's history that Brad was going to find his perfect wife. Also, Brad throughout the beginning kept asking the ladies to open up and be honest to express their feelings - Emily NEVER really did that till Anguilla but more in HTD. Why would he have kept her when he could never know if she would end up FINALLY falling in love. He had Chantal, Shawntal, Ahsley and many more he could have followed.

    Yes, Emily probably represents that bow on a package but in 8 weeks, as Brad would say REALLY, REALLY. She has a daughter he hardly knows. I'm not a single mother so I will ask those who are those this sound normal even knowing it's a TV show even more.

    There's more to this than meets the eye. I'm starting to think this whole thing has been fabricated for us. the True love story.

    Something smells fishy in Austin!!!

    I stopped reading at the bolded comment.. Let me ask how would Brad and Emily have met before the show. Where, Austin or Charlotte? It was very clear the Ricki had never met the man. How could these to have possibly met outside of the show?

    I'm asking because this came up with Chantel as well . I thought it was crazy then to.


    As for why he kept Emily all that time when she's wasn't throwing herself at him. Maybe it was because he saw her as a challenge. He was obviously attracted to her from the start. Once she showed interest in him also it was all over for him. That happened IMO on their first one on one date.. She told him about Ricky and that she's a Mom. He didn't run for the hills. She relaxed a little.. I do think he was a goner then. As long as she didn't shut down on him. She was going to be his choice, he just really didn't know it then but the writing was on the wall.


    He wants a family . Loves his nieces and nephew and really wants to take care of somebody.

  3. #593
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    83

    Re: What Will Happen at the FRC?

    The videos are very well done...but honestly....I still don't see it. AT ALL. It's actually irritating because I'm trying really hard. I think it might be just because I was never a big fan of Brad. Chantal kind of brought out a different side of him whereas Emily makes him more....Brad-like. LOL.
    I guess that's good though because that means she's (Emily)letting him be more himself in a way.
    Last edited by cakewalker; 03-05-2011 at 04:46 PM.

  4. #594
    FORT Fogey mnmhughes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,961

    Re: What Will Happen at the FRC?

    Is there anything in the new TV Grapevine WTA promo about the FRC?

  5. #595
    TEAM BREMILY ♥ Truelovealways's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,711

    Re: What Will Happen at the FRC?

    I doubt very much that it was all a "set up" BFC has pretty much said that nothing was a set-up and only 5% of lith's sources/spoilers are true
    "People throw rocks at things that shine and life makes love look hard but my choice is you" -Bremily

  6. #596
    Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5,563

    Re: What Will Happen at the FRC?

    Quote Originally Posted by babyfaceC View Post
    If your predicted FRC includes anything other than saying goodbye to F2 and then "choosing" F1 you are just wrong. No aliens. No change of mind. Not even any tough decisions. If Brad says it was a tough decision he is either reading off of a cue card for the producer's sake or he is edited to make it sound like that. The most relieved he was during filming was when he was done doing the interviews following his goodbye to F2. At that point he could finally be himself and let it fly. No more watching what he says. Everything from that point on will be cometely unfiltered. So if you trust Lithargic's sources. The ones that were atleast 95 percent wrong already, have at it. Otherwise, just enjoy the finale
    Oh, I'm batting 100 right now - but you didn't mention elephants - do he & Emily ride off on an elephant as the screen fades to black? Then I know I've got a HR.

    Sorry, I'm obviously being silly - but I've been waiting to see Brad tell Emily how he feels (completely unfiltered) all season so I'm a bit "punchy" right now and I can't wait for FRC night. It's been a beautiful, 'amazing' season and I can't wait to see them finally get together!!!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

    “I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

  7. #597
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    833

    Re: What Will Happen at the FRC?

    Quote Originally Posted by cakewalker View Post
    The videos are very well done...but honestly....I still don't see it. AT ALL. It's actually irritating because I'm trying really hard. I think it might be just because I was never a big fan of Brad. Chantal kind of brought out a different side of him whereas Emily makes him more....Brad-like. LOL.
    I guess that's good though because that means she's (Emily)letting him be more himself in a way.
    May I offer you a glass of Kool-Aid. The Kool-Aid stand is up yonder around the winding dirt road. It's worth the trip.

  8. #598
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    212

    Re: What Will Happen at the FRC?

    Quote Originally Posted by Flori da View Post
    After reading BFC's posts today, I am really excited for the FRC. I hope Brad lets Chantal down gently. Then I expect to see a very emotional Brad and Emily in love and happy..... then, and now.
    I know now to watch the show with my own eyes and not through the eyes of the spoilers. It has been the Emily show from day one!
    Brad dumped 2 gals last time at the FRC so he's got a stigma attached to him. If this is all about Brad's redemption and if he's cold and dismissive with Chantal at the FRC, no ones going to believe he's changed hence his 3 years of therapy

  9. #599
    FORT Fogey ironcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,454

    Re: What Will Happen at the FRC?

    Quote Originally Posted by draven31 View Post
    I stopped reading at the bolded comment.. Let me ask how would Brad and Emily have met before the show. Where, Austin or Charlotte? It was very clear the Ricki had never met the man. How could these to have possibly met outside of the show?

    I'm asking because this came up with Chantel as well . I thought it was crazy then to.


    As for why he kept Emily all that time when she's wasn't throwing herself at him. Maybe it was because he saw her as a challenge. He was obviously attracted to her from the start. Once she showed interest in him also it was all over for him. That happened IMO on their first one on one date.. She told him about Ricky and that she's a Mom. He didn't run for the hills. She relaxed a little.. I do think he was a goner then. As long as she didn't shut down on him. She was going to be his choice, he just really didn't know it then but the writing was on the wall.


    He wants a family . Loves his nieces and nephew and really wants to take care of somebody.
    I do think this is the dynamic that works for Brad, and as a result, for Emily. Perhaps spending so much time in bars, seeing drunk women being very forward with guys, he is subconciously turned off by this behavior? I also suspect, as was discussed on another thread, that he, as a result of his lousy childhood and perceived rejection by his dad, somehow feels he is "unworthy", and winning a woman he needed (and maybe continues to feel like he needs) to chase is what appeals to him. Cue Emily, who, perhaps as a result of her own past, is more reserved and doesn't feel comfortable or believe in being aggressive with men, but expects a man to "woo" her. Together, they push each other's buttons in a good way.
    Last edited by ironcat; 03-05-2011 at 05:08 PM.

  10. #600
    FORT Fan draven31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    san antonio,tx
    Posts
    357

    Re: What Will Happen at the FRC?

    Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post
    I do think this is the dynamic that works for Brad, and as a result, for Emily. Perhaps spending so much time in bars, seeing drunk women being very forward with guys, he is subconciously turned off by this behavior? I also suspect, as was discussed on another thread, that he, as a result of his lousy childhood and perceived rejection by his dad, somehow feels he is "unworthy", and winning a woman he needed (and maybe continues to feel like he needs) to chase is what appeals to him. Cue Emily, who, perhaps as a result of her own past, is more reserved and doesn't feel comfortable or believe in being aggressive with men, but expects a man to "woo" her. Together, they push each other's button's in a good way.
    I completely and totally agree.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.