Page 59 of 73 FirstFirst ... 9495051525354555657585960616263646566676869 ... LastLast

Thread: What Will Happen at the FRC?

FORT Fogey

Re: What Will Happen at the FRC?

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    thats just the point..when you are involved in a realtionship you have to have some sort of inflexability and be willing to compromise...we have seen Chantel have real emotions on the show...and he called it a rollar coaster ride all the ups and downs and highs and lows...IMO thats real life..in compared to Emily's edit..we saw none of this..but Emily is a real person and I am sure she has real emotions especially if you listen to how Brad refers to her now..not answering the phone and how she is constantly needing reassurance..IMO thats real life too..but he was so critical of Chantel having those feelings...I worry if he can deal with Emily having them in the long run...
    Yes, up and downs are real life but they aren't in real life. I think what Brad is saying is that he and Chantal weren't even IN the relationship yet and its ALREADY a roller coaster?! What can he expect when they actually are together in IRL? Probably more of the same!? Guess what maintaining the relationship will be much harder than being on the reality show, guarantee it!

People act like Brad knew Chantal before she show and has a basis to go on. All he can do is make his decisions based on what he SEES from her when they are together. People also assume that we have seen ALL the "highs and lows" from them. Brad spent hours and hours with Chantal (certainly knows her better than any of us) I am sure he is not basing his assessment on the two minute long crying clips we saw.
    Last edited by Just LQQking; 03-05-2011 at 04:30 PM.

FORT Newbie

BabyfaceC...I hope you are still around...I am a new poster, etc and this question would be generic for either girls being F1...Has Brad been looking around Austin for a bigger residence recently? If Chantal, for her clothes and if Emily, a room for Ricki? Also, on either this board or another, the $90,000 ring has been questioned...a highly rated certified diamond is an investment! price of diamonds always goes up..

Quote Originally Posted by Just LQQking View Post
    I don't understand where people are getting this rigidity from Brad to compromise... where has he talked about this "how to live life" that you are ascribing to him? I know the "where" and it makes sense to me. Brad is a grown man of 38 (not 28) and has established roots in Austin, he wants to build a life with someone there much like Ryan and Trista did in Vail I would also remind people that although it didn't work Jen moved to San Francisco for Andrew because of his business, so it no unprecedented. Yes, Jason switched to Molly but guess what, even after all the talk about picking Melissa because she "fit", Molly too ended up moving to Seattle. So what is the difference?

I think that is a luxury every lead is allowed to have. I seem to recall Trista having an issue and fighting with one particular suitor because he owned a horse farm and she said she could live there because of her allergies and he was pissed. Its her prerogative and this is Brads. He's not holding them at gunpoint...they have something called "free will" and can say "No, Thank you."
    I see Brad as inflexible (nothing necessarily wrong with that) in that he does not plan to leave Austin, his business/career is an established one that probably will not change/evolve at all and that requires a certain lifestyle as to hours, and he seems to be in a hurry to start a family of his own, perhaps due to his age. Some leads go on this show with less specific agendas. There are also some who go on as contestants (ie on the other side) who have equal limitations as to their flexibility. I don't believe that being the lead means that they then have some greater intrinsic right to having their agenda fulfilled, it only means that they do the picking, and like you say, if the one they are interested in isn't willing to "fit into their life" if that's the only option offered, they are free to turn them down. To further illustrate my point, if Brad had instead been one of 25 guys seeking the hand of the Bachelorette, would that mean he would then be expected to move to where she wanted? I don't believe the show has ever established those parameters. It all depends on the people involved.

ETA Regarding Trista and the horses, I believe that Ryan has dogs and she was willing to get allergy shots so that he could keep the dogs (ie, she was willing to be flexible because she loved him), so her problem with the other guy wasn't really the horses, but it made for a good excuse to get rid of him.
    Last edited by ironcat; 03-05-2011 at 04:24 PM.

FORT Fogey

Just watched two videos (they are in the Fun with the Bachelor thread)..one cupcakes made and another one.

I see it now. TPTB should be tarred and feathered for trying to edit and hide the love between Emily and Brad.

Chantal will always be 'my girl', as far as my favorite on this show in a long time, but obviously Emily is who has Brad's heart. Reminds me of Ali always saying how much fun Chris L. was, just like Brad's recent interview that Chantal is so much fun. But it's about love, not just fun to be the F1.

Looking forward to the AFRC and I hope Chantal is doing very well and happy now too.
    Last edited by Gina28; 03-05-2011 at 04:27 PM.

FORT Newbie

WHAT IF - I've been reading and reading and something is off. I started to think we ALL know Brad and the kind of man he is. We know he was selected to come on the show when CL declined. We know that Emily was a late minute addition or WAS SHE? We've had spoilers, more spoilers, BFC, Blondie and many interviews and feedback.

What if Emily and Brad have known each other earlier than the airing of the show. What if all of this has been a set up. I get that Emily is a southern belle reserved and calm but when in ANY of the seasons we have watched that NO one has cried especially at F1 and F2 , been insecure or emotional at one time or another. NEVER in my memory.

Folks I think we've all been set up for a REAL reality show. The producers knew she would be the fan favorite, Chantal is completely the opposite and would have her own fan base regardless of RS.

Ashley said it best - he was looking for a wife to fit his perfect life. What are the odds given this show's history that Brad was going to find his perfect wife. Also, Brad throughout the beginning kept asking the ladies to open up and be honest to express their feelings - Emily NEVER really did that till Anguilla but more in HTD. Why would he have kept her when he could never know if she would end up FINALLY falling in love. He had Chantal, Shawntal, Ahsley and many more he could have followed.

Yes, Emily probably represents that bow on a package but in 8 weeks, as Brad would say REALLY, REALLY. She has a daughter he hardly knows. I'm not a single mother so I will ask those who are those this sound normal even knowing it's a TV show even more.

There's more to this than meets the eye. I'm starting to think this whole thing has been fabricated for us. the True love story.

Something smells fishy in Austin!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gina28 View Post
    Just watched two videos (they are in the Fun with the Bachelor thread)..one cupcakes made and another one.

I se it now. It is a love story. TPTB should be tarred and feathered for trying to edit and hide the love between Emily and Brad. I hope they have a long and happy life and more kids. Ricki needs a sibling.

Chantal will always be 'my girl', as far as my favorite on this show in a long time, but obviously Emily is who has Brad's heart.

Looking forward to the FRC and AFRC and I hope Chantal is doing very well and happy now too.
    After watching Cupcakes video I really saw it between Brad and Emily.. but you know, Chantal will always be my favorite contestant this show has ever had.. and even though part of me really wanted her to be the next bachelorette, I'm really really proud of her that she turned it down. Good things will come for her. Best wishes to Brad and Emily.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by DeAnna fan View Post
    After watching Cupcakes video I really saw it between Brad and Emily.. but you know, Chantal will always be my favorite contestant this show has ever had.. and even though part of me really wanted her to be the next bachelorette, I'm really really proud of her that she turned it down. Good things will come for her. Best wishes to Brad and Emily.
    I just finished watching Cupcake's video (quite a few times to be honest). It confirmed not only what I've been seeing the entire season between these two...but more importantly...."what I've been feeling as I watched these two". Even when RS spoiled it was Chantal as F1....I just never "felt" the love story between Brad and ANY of the other girls except Emily.

I wonder if Emily or Brad have seen any of these videos...this one in partiuclar. It's cool that they have "their love story" documented in such a special way.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by DeAnna fan View Post
    omg... can we vote to have Cupcakes edit TB from now on, cuz (crazily enough), I am seeing it too, thanks to her video... (even though I still love me some Chantal!)
    We like because... we love although...."

FORT Fan

I think this just may have been a giant set-up aso...something hasnt been right all season....

Emily never looked worried during a rose ceremony....she didnt even appear to be paying attention most of the time....

Not that its a bad thing...i would want to do it that way also...why take a risk...get some good vacations, relax, get an all expense paid wedding, and the fans are happy that there was a happy ending...win win situation for everybody, except for the other bettes who never stood a chance..oh well!
    Last edited by jaymes4u; 03-05-2011 at 04:42 PM. Reason: spelling

FORT Newbie

Something is way off. From the beginning with RS knowing everything up to the end. Lithargic/Blondie then more RS. Chantal meeting someone that quickly when she's suppose to be on the QT normal life.

I just read BFC comments from earlier post and he sounding a bit upset which makes me wonder even more.

RS I think you've been set up baby big time if even the slightest of this crazy theory is true.

We need to do some digging even just for the fun of it.