Page 22 of 73 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313272 ... LastLast

Thread: What Will Happen at the FRC?

Re: What Will Happen at the FRC?

Probably because Monday's episode was already in the can when all season long the spoilers were saying Chantal was F1. And it wasn't just the boardies who knew - main stream media had been going with Chantal F1 right from the git go.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    Probably because Monday's episode was already in the can when all season long the spoilers were saying Chantal was F1. And it wasn't just the boardies who knew - main stream media had been going with Chantal F1 right from the git go.
    Yes, and many people do not even know about these boards, so they will think he will not pick Emily ( child, former BY to live up to etc,) and go with the one that said she loved him early on, this will be the shock, when he goes with the single mom. IMO

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ef13579 View Post
    I think it's going to be a traditional FRC - I can only hope that Chantal makes a poised exit and doesn't completely break down there.... I hope she calls him out on leading her on, for sure though

We know that Brad knows Ali and Roberto, but do we know that he watched their season on TV? I have a sneaking hunch he did NOT. He may not even know that Ali asked the producers to dismiss Chris early.

We can bet BET the producers weren't going to volunteer that one up. While dismissing the person early saves the person's feelings and dignity, it reduces the DRAMA. It reduces the greater intensity of the rejection...the emotional hurt and rejection.

Christ Harrison will tell you, "We like to catch that moment."

My perception is that Ali's move to dismiss Chris early was allowed as a novely and a one time thing.

And again, Brad might be permitted some control in decisions, but we can bet he doesn't run the show.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    Chantal is likely to have a very emotional reaction but it will be easier to watch knowing she recoverd and moved on to find a new boyfriend. A relationship that is serious enough to refuse the Bachelorette gig. Right there we know she is happy now and her heart mended.

When the women leave the show and get back into their lives they seem to be able to shake free from the feelings this intense environment created. That goes for Emily too. Time will tell on this one and I would not put money on their longevity.

No more surprises. It will be a traditional FRC.
    Actually, their contract stipulates they are not even supposed to be dating some one else until after they have been dismissed on the episode that has aired - that would be the FRC.
    Since she has turned down the Bachelorette, the producers know she is in a relationship and have turned their heads to the fact that she is seeing someone else.
    Now, I am happy for her; I am just pointing that out. I don't want anybody to have a broken heart. There is entirely too much pain and hurt in the world as it is without Chantal's heartbreak added to it.

I posted this a few seasons ago. I cannot remember the psychologist's name, but this person wrote in an article that reality contestants tend to return to life outside the bubble, and within a very short time, they have snapped out of it, readjusted - back to their routine regular lifestyle - and within a brief time they realize they are not "in love" anymore.
    Now, equally obvious some temperamentally more broody, sensitive types (like Moana) take much longer to re-adjust, but that is the exception rather than the rule.

We have seen examples of both cases, it appears to me. Regardless of what the guy says, Molly tweeted she had lunch with "the" Chantal that was tweeting - the obviously happy Chantal.

We also saw a very creative but morose, moping Moana on her social site for many months.

However, in the end Moana is happy as well. The last I heard I believe she is engaged?
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

Another scenario for the FRC: Chantal realizes that Brad is truly in love with Emily and magnanimously tells him to follow his heart. She does know that he cares for her but just not in "that" way. She exits with her dignity intact and a determination that "tomorrow is another day" and that she will find that perfect mate for her but for now she is going to concentrate on other things. She concludes that this was a wonderful life experience but that it just "wasn't meant to be". Ta da!

Actually, the polls out there show that the majority of the viewing audience want him to pick Emily. He's been on numerous talk shows and been questioned about Chantal being his F1 that the non-board viewing audience even believes he picks Chantal - so what would the audience never see coming?? him picking Emily. Isn't nice how MF used that spoilers to tag the finale?? Almost like it was in the script
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TNmomof4 View Post
    "The most emotional finale you'll NEVER see coming": Chris' description of the frc in previews this past week. How does this line up with Emily? I believe he picks Emily so I'm not holding out hope for Chantal or anything like that, but once again I just keep getting a gnawing feeling that something could be up. After last episode I don't think there is a person out there who doesn't think he picks Emily so what's up with this comment?
    When CH made those comments, Chantal was still being billed as the F1. Yes, the spoiler came out that F1 is really Emily; however, when CH did that voiceover, the show was already "in the can" so to speak and sent out to all the stations, so they wouldn't have had time to run him back to the studio, have him do a different voice over, replace the original with the new one, and then resend the show out to all the stations (hope that makes sense). There's no way it could have been redone in less than 2 days (from the time BlondieGal made the announcement to the time the show actually aired).

I think the "ending we NEVER saw coming" simply refers to the fact that the "spoilers" we've had all season long were WRONG...because, seriously, how many times have we listened to what Chris has said and then realized whatever he billed it as was much, much less than how it really went down. "Most controversial" season comes to mind...the ending we never saw coming was that the girl most nonspoiled viewers were hoping "wins" actually gets the guy, despite what the rags they've seen in the supermarkets have said.

ETA: Anders, I see we were thinking along the same lines.
    Last edited by cantstopwatchin; 03-04-2011 at 08:41 AM.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    Christ Harrison will tell you, "We like to catch that moment."
    Sorry - just saw this and had to point it out. There are times I've thought he has a "God" complex...
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi View Post
    Another scenario for the FRC: Chantal realizes that Brad is truly in love with Emily and magnanimously tells him to follow his heart. She does know that he cares for her but just not in "that" way. She exits with her dignity intact and a determination that "tomorrow is another day" and that she will find that perfect mate for her but for now she is going to concentrate on other things. She concludes that this was a wonderful life experience but that it just "wasn't meant to be". Ta da!
    That would be so nice! But probably too good to be true!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    Actually, the polls out there show that the majority of the viewing audience want him to pick Emily. He's been on numerous talk shows and been questioned about Chantal being his F1 that the non-board viewing audience even believes he picks Chantal - so what would the audience never see coming?? him picking Emily. Isn't nice how MF used that spoilers to tag the finale?? Almost like it was in the script
    Maybe the audience has finally gotten used to who they like but who they figure the Bachelor is going to pick, and that of course is EDITING.

They would like Emily - sad story with editing to back up no overt bad qualities. She may be edited as boring, flat and unemotional, but she didn't make fun of the other girls' date cards, she didn't cry a lot, she didn't take her top off, she didn't make suggestive (sexual) remarks, she didn't make remarks like, "You couldn't pick me out of 3 girls," which looked like she was trying to pressure Brad, and she didn't slap the Bachelor across the face!

The general tendency of this show has been to deceive the viewer into falling for the F2 so that when the lead chooses the F1, it is a big surprise.
    Therefore, when he picks their choice this time, it will be shock!
    Last edited by Bloomers; 03-04-2011 at 08:52 AM.
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    Sorry - just saw this and had to point it out. There are times I've thought he has a "God" complex...
    When I saw that it sort of freaked me out. Then I noticed that there was also a "t" missing in novelty in another word in the same post. So that T belongs in that word.
    Last edited by Tobi; 03-04-2011 at 08:58 AM.