Page 18 of 73 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868 ... LastLast

Thread: What Will Happen at the FRC?

Re: What Will Happen at the FRC?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    Brad has one rose left to give to either Emily or Chantal after they meet his family in Cape Town, South Africa. Brad and Chantal swim in shark infested waters (literally) while Emilyís figurative shark is her daughter. Emilyís final date is a helicopter tour of Cape Town that includes stunning views of the Cape of Good Hope. Then Brad comes to a decision.

Not as romantic , but here is what I see with the edit.
    Chantal gets the LCD with the sharks - just like ChrisL was supposed to have had, but Ali let him go early.
    Her storyline has nowhere else to go.
    With this date, she could prove that she overcomes her fear of swimming with the sharks, but it does not add to the love story.
    The edit does not hint of any more conflict to be resolved.
    Chantal's storyline appears to stay the same.
    It flatlines out.

Now let's look at what the episode description alludes to with Emily and her edited storyline....

Emily's entire storyline has been developing with the problem/conflict: Can/will Emily let Brad fill the empty spot left in their lives when Daddy Ricky was killed in a plane crash?
    The final issue/conflict appears one more time to revolve around daughter Ricki who is referred to as the "figurative shark" which means the issue/problem/conflict has teeth!

We see Brad in the screencap get up and walk away. I think he could very well leave that night with things undecided.

That is where we get the suspense. Where does he go from here? Does he go with the sure thing - the one who tells him, " I love you," with little or no reservations, or does he go with Emily?

Now, I know that 3/4 of you on here are going to say that he takes the money and runs! However, this is not a game show!!

Look at your editing, and look at your clues. The story really is supposed to have a storyline....

If we are looking for hidden hints about where he goes from here, Brad's not viewing the Cape of Sure Things but the Cape of Good Hope on his date with Emily .
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialK View Post
    He did call her Babe,,But heck just because he said about dating..I have been married a LONG time and DH and I still have dates...

Just think we have 10 days before the FRC..And than it will be all clear.
    That leaves me 10 days to change my mind on F1 100 times! Oy vey ist mir! It's going to be a long 10 days! I keep talking myself out of Emily being the F1, my original choice.

I don't know....I just can't see Brad walking away from Emily. That scene where he gets up and walks away...? They're making us believe he's walking out, but it's something else. Maybe he's going to get a present for her or show her what he was writing about her and Ricki, to calm her fears that he's not ready to be a dad. Remember how they showed the clip of Emily's HTD and all the hoohaa about Brad not meshing with Ricki, and saying he didn't want to leave "weird"? TPTB made us think it was all bad, but it really wasn't. Same with this. Brad caters way too much to Emily to just leave her like that.

In what way might Ricki be figuratively by Brad (or the viewers) as a shark?
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

FORT Fanatic

Brad has one rose left to give to either Emily or Chantal after they meet his family in Cape Town, South Africa. Brad and Chantal swim in shark infested waters (literally) while Emilyís figurative shark is her daughter. Emilyís final date is a helicopter tour of Cape Town that includes stunning views of the Cape of Good Hope. Then Brad comes to a decision.

Not as romantic , but here is what I see with the edit.
    Chantal gets the LCD with the sharks - just like ChrisL was supposed to have had, but Ali let him go early.
    Her storyline has nowhere else to go.
    With this date, she could prove that she overcomes her fear of swimming with the sharks, but it does not add to the love story.
    The edit does not hint of any more conflict to be resolved.
    Chantal's storyline appears to stay the same.
    It flatlines out.

Now let's look at what the episode description alludes to with Emily and her edited storyline....

Emily's entire storyline has been developing with the problem/conflict: Can/will Emily let Brad fill the empty spot left in their lives when Daddy Ricky was killed in a plane crash?
    The final issue/conflict appears one more time to revolve around daughter Ricki who is referred to as the "figurative shark" which means the issue/problem/conflict has teeth!

We see Brad in the screencap get up and walk away. I think he could very well leave that night with things undecided.

That is where we get the suspense. Where does he go from here? Does he go with the sure thing - the one who tells him, " I love you," with little or no reservations, or does he go with Emily?

Now, I know that 3/4 of you on here are going to say that he takes the money and runs! However, this is not a game show!!

Look at your editing, and look at your clues. The story really is supposed to have a storyline....
    I agree that this is how the storyline will follow.

Brad and Em's argument on their LCD will revolve around Brad's ability to parent a 5 year old. It's the same concern that Em raised during their elephant picnic. As Ricki's mom, Em says her job is to protect Ricki, so she needs to be certain that Brad is ready. Brad gets upset for being questioned, yet again, about his desire to include Ricki in his life. There was a reason why Ashley's departure was edited the way it was - to show a Brad that is highly indignant of anyone questioning him. This leaves viewers questioning whether Brad would accept Em and her doubts or will he end it with her just as he did with Ashley.

Brad apologizes to Em - says he's trying to do the right thing - Em is gracious and says no one is as perfect as you want them to be. But Brad is left wondering whether Em is capable of loving him back - with all his imperfections.

A mysterious YouTube video shows up with Brad be-bopping to Katy Perry in the back seat of a car driven by a beer drinking driver right on the eve of the new Em F1 spoiler. More propaganda to sway viewers from believing Brad is ready to become a parent - promoted by RS - the same site with the Chantal F1 spoiler.

So Brad is left wondering:

"Iím not just going to chase some dream (Emily) because if it fails, Iím stuck."

Should he pick Emily, the elusive dream, over the sure thing, Chantal, because if Emily says no, he ends up all alone - his greatest fear.

Yes, it's the harder path to pick Emily with the child over Chantal, but he will because CH said he picked the one that's right for him and Chantal challenged him with:

"I have to trust that you are man enough to be able to get to where we need to go at the end of this."

I look back on this foreshadowing quote from the Costa Rica commercial:

"Iím not going to hand out a rose"

If the rose is symbolic of a proposal, then Brad and Em will walk away from the FRC agreeing to take this relationship into the real world. RS announced Brad's engagement on Jan 8 - I wouldn't be surprised to see the happy couple engaged at ATFR.

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV View Post
    In what way might Ricki be figuratively by Brad (or the viewers) as a shark?
    for the life of me, I can't figure out the use of that analogy.. how can anyone liken a child to a shark??
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer View Post
    for the life of me, I can't figure out the use of that analogy.. how can anyone liken a child to a shark??
    Think of the teeth of the shark.
    The Bible says that children are an inheritance from the Lord, and they are a wonderful blessing from God, but they are also a bundle of potential problems as well. (The last part came from me not the Bible.<grin>
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Emily's LCD:

Emily:"no one is ever as perfect as you want them to be"

Emily (VO):"As I start to feel like there is a possibility that I could get hurt I completely back away"

Emily:"Like I'm just nervous"

Brad:"I'm telling you I'm in it. I feel like I am being questioned"

Brad:"This is the first time I'm getting really upset"
    Emily: "I'm sorry"

----

(He looks like he is going into that room and not actually leaving)

(Waiting for Brad to get something or has he left?)

Kiss before or after talk?

Also, remember this from last season?

That ended up like this :
    Last edited by cupcakes; 03-04-2011 at 01:01 AM.

Think of the teeth of the shark.
    The Bible says that children are an inheritance from the Lord, and they are a wonderful blessing from God, but they are also a bundle of potential problems as well.
    The shark's teeth are a whole lot more than a bundle of potential problems. You have to be inside a cage to safely observe them, nevermind interact with them.
    Girls will make passes
    I'll find them for you.

Is Brad picking a fight with her in order to lend some non-existent drama to these final moments??
    Girls will make passes
    I'll find them for you.