Page 17 of 73 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262767 ... LastLast

Thread: What Will Happen at the FRC?

Re: What Will Happen at the FRC?

Quote Originally Posted by hooked4 View Post
    I think Brad (ahem, TPTB) left in a lot of clues to suggest that Brad will let his F2 go BEFORE the FRC.
    1. Brad "breaking the rules" at least 2ce now for Emily - telling her she would be getting a rose prior to HTD, the infamous "I am falling in love with you"
    2. Brad letting Ashley go prior to the RC - said he could NOT let her go to a RC knowing he was not going to choose her
    3. Brad's claim that the final day will be an amazing day and most people watching will agree - doesn't leave a lot of room for a heart-broken F2
    4. The whole "redemption" theme - not wanting to see Brad reject another girl at the FRC podium after wooing her along all this time
    5. Brad, in his own words, seeming to take this proposal thing very seriously. In his interviews with Lopez - claiming that he kept a proposal (if indeed it happens) for someone very special - doesn't want it muttled by a tearful goodbye to someone else
    6. IF he does pick Emily - they have ratings GOLD with a widowed young mother of a 5 year-old - they will play this to the hilt!!! No time for a long goodbye to an F2. They may have elephants, picnics, sun setting while moon rising, etc

I clearly remember a slew of folks saying last year that NO WAY would Ali let Chris go prior to the FRC - TPTB would never allow it. I thought there were clear signs last year too!
    I truly hope he lets her go before the FRC...but I remember those early interviews with CH where he sounds like he isn't sure at all whether this couple will make it...he was hesitant and really vauge where as compared to other seasons where he is gushing about how much they are in love
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by etherealfire View Post
    3/4? I'd be surprised by that but who knows? I know what you've written makes perfect sense to me.
    That was a bit tongue-in-cheek and also based on the game shows where the tendency is for people to take the sure thing ( the pile of cash) and leave rather than gamble and leave with nothing. "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush."

On the surface, it does make more sense that he would go for Chantal, especially to those to whom it seems that has been the best connection; however, it may be that we find it is another one of those cases where the heart wants what the heart wants.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    I believe the reason they kept Andy's quote in was b/c he'd already told Tessa he loved her too. I remember hearing that and thinking yes! b/c I thought she had it in the bag...and then Andy came out and said the same thing to Bevin and my thoughts turned darker and you're a dog, Andy! came to mind. (Okay, that's the G-rated version.)

But I believe during that season, both of those quotes were kept in to balance each other out and to keep us waiting with baited breath to see whose dress color we saw coming out of the first limo.

This season, I think it'll be different - they're saying Ricki is Emily's "shark" (shame on them!) in the description, so I think despite our seeing him saying I'm falling in love with you too, there's going to be plenty of doubt for us to question if it was true.
    See I'm wondering in that tense exchange with Brad if Emily asks him once again if he's ready to be a father to a 5 year old & that is what sets him off.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by BachNoFoolMe View Post
    See I'm wondering in that tense exchange with Brad if Emily asks him once again if he's ready to be a father to a 5 year old & that is what sets him off.

That is a good possibility or something similar. He will feel like he has already covered that ground, and she will naturally feel like she needs more assurance that he understands exactly what he is letting himself in for.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by BachNoFoolMe View Post
    That would make sense to me, and I wouldn't blame Emily for needing further reassurance that Brad is really ready. It also shows how easy it is for Emily to sabotage a relationship because she is fearful that anyone would truly love both her and her daughter, and wants to take on the role of stepfather.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    That is a good possibility or something similar. He will feel like he has already covered that ground, and she will naturally feel like she needs more assurance that he understands exactly what he is letting himself in for.
    Funny, we were writing almost the same thing at the same time!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    I agree. And then Brad is worried on the way to the final rose ceremony because he "walked out" on Emily and he thinks he blew it....

Quote Originally Posted by cupcakes View Post
    Here you go:
    Thanks for showing me the photos. However, how are the drawings a smoking gun? As they were drawn on the home town date and are meaningful to Brad. I don't think they constitute a continuing relationship with Emily. They could be nothing more than a fond memory. I still have photos of ex-husband and a few ex-boyfriends. They were meaningful relationships for me.

Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin
    I believe the reason they kept Andy's quote in was b/c he'd already told Tessa he loved her too. I remember hearing that and thinking yes! b/c I thought she had it in the bag...and then Andy came out and said the same thing to Bevin and my thoughts turned darker and you're a dog, Andy! came to mind. (Okay, that's the G-rated version.)

But I believe during that season, both of those quotes were kept in to balance each other out and to keep us waiting with baited breath to see whose dress color we saw coming out of the first limo.

This season, I think it'll be different - they're saying Ricki is Emily's "shark" (shame on them!) in the description, so I think despite our seeing him saying I'm falling in love with you too, there's going to be plenty of doubt for us to question if it was true.
    Jesse told Jessica that he was falling in love with her but then added I'm falling in love with another woman too, but we didn't ever hear him tell that other woman. I think he said that in order to let her know how he was feeling about her. They haven't been able to come right out with until the FRC. I always thought they try to get it out there somehow. Brad didn't tell anyone else that but Emily and he went on to say why, that he wasn't going to sit there and hear her tell him that and he not tell her how he felt...because that's usually how it goes. I say when it comes to Emily he bucks the system.

Quote Originally Posted by beader View Post
    On Brad and Emily's 1 on 1 (I believe that's where it was) they talked about feeling like there was an elephant in the room. Then they rode an elephant and watched the elephants and talked about how much Ricki would love the elephants. At the FRC we see an elephant carved into one of the big log pieces. Would they do this if F1 was Chantal? IDK. Possibly.

Then in one of his last interviews he said his relationship with F1 has it's "ups and downs." That's what he said about Chantal--remember, like a roller coaster.... IDK.
    Tuesday morning on Regis & Kelly, Kelly was rehashing some parts of the dates, she equated the giraffe's long neck to Chantal's odds of winning Brad's hand. Regarding the elephants, she said there have been multiple elephant references, on the previous date with Emily. Brad said something about the elephant in the room, then low and behold, Emily gets her dream date of riding on an elephant. Then when they were having lunch, the elephants were rollicking in the water with the child elephant, certainly a double entendre for their situation -- soon they were mating, maybe Emily's going to be knocked up sooner than later. Their show is on ABC...hmmm...maybe Kelly knows something.