Page 13 of 73 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363 ... LastLast

Thread: What Will Happen at the FRC?

Re: What Will Happen at the FRC?

Quote Originally Posted by beeleever View Post
    No you are not the only one. See my post upthread about the article in my Entertainment Weekly magazine. It says that the Bachelor or Bachelorette "gets" that they are doing a TV show in which they want to allude to things to be able to misdirect. Words right from Chris Harrison himself.

You are so right. Nothing is done without the knowledge and consent of TPTB.
    Oh, please. That rule-breaking is so bogus. Including dumping both women last time. This is a TV show, he is talent, not production. He "breaks the rules" if it brings the drama.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by BachNoFoolMe View Post
    Very true...but then is that nothing but a BS comment made to not mean anything..."the most controversial season"...blah blah blah?
    I'm secretly hoping that the use of the word "controversial" is just more of the same poppycock that TPTB use every season. I'd rather skip the most controversial season, or the most shocking ending and see the least amount of hurt to the F2 gal (of course that's not what Fleiss wants, so I will no doubt have to suffer). I really like both girls, but I will probably feel the worst if Emily is let go. I think Chantal would make a fun Bachelorette.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby101 View Post
    But in another interview he was extremely unconfortable to talk about marriage. He was stuttering about it so either he is already married or he is not planning to do it now
    Like I have said..We sure don't know much do we...Here we thought we had it all figured out..

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    Chris Harrison's early interview remark: Does Brad really want to be that guy that drags Emily to the FRC if he is not absolutely sure?

Brad is going through this season in an attempt to redeem himself for leaving two girls at the FRC. Redemption : A Second Chance at Love is the theme of Brad's season.

How would leading Emily -with the tragic backstory - on to the FRC and dumping her work in the favor of Brad's redemption storyline?
    I see what you are saying but Brad has to let go someone so he will not be 100% redeemed no matter if it's Chantal.... unless if he could let her go pre-FRC or she's to become the next bachette. If the most controversial is being applied to this season then what do you think that means?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    We have seen the their contract. They have to agree that if there is a marriage within a certain length of time, the show gets the right to televise it ( can you believe that), and get this, they only get $10K each or something like that. It really isn't a lot of money to pay for a wedding and their privacy.
    But they get the wedding of their dreams. Might not be applicable to people with means like Brad, but for example, for Ali and Roberto who are young (but of appropriate age to be marrying each other)? It's an incredible deal.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    Respectfully have to disagree here.

Andy told Bevin he loved her too. HUGE lead on right there (which I would also give to Brad if he doesn't choose Emily). Jesse slept with Tara and possibly the F3 as well during their LCD...Bob slept with Kelly Jo and didn't choose her...and the bottom of the barrel ((drumroll)) Alex, who told Trista she was going to be F1 AND THEN slept with her. Yikes!

Brad did not sleep with Chantal. Yes, he made leading comments and insinuated things - but every.single.bachelor has done that since the show's inception! Despite what he's said and done this season, Brad is not at the bottom of the barrel as far as his fellow bachelors go. I'd say he's been one of the most respectful, actually. And I think Chantal would appreciate that she hadn't been led on in that way
    Thanks for reminder CSW! I think people too often become "prisoners of the moment" and forget the past. Brad, I think has been by far, one of the most kind and gentlemanly Bachelor's the show has ever had. Most of the contending girls that have left the show so far have said he treated them like they were special and that he has raised the bar for what they are looking for in a husband

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV View Post
    Oh, please. That rule-breaking is so bogus. Including dumping both women last time. This is a TV show, he is talent, not production. He "breaks the rules" if it brings the drama.
    I think we are on the same page. What I got from the article was that while they can't gag them or stop them from saying certain things, TPTB will decide if they are going to show it or not, depending on what they are hoping to accomplish with the edit and yes, what will create the most drama.

They did show Andy Baldwin telling Bevin IFLY. Their goal was to intentionally misdirect and confuse viewers about who was going to be the F1. Things like this happen every single episode of every single season. We also know they use VO's to accomplish the very same thing. As Chris said, they are doing a TV show. Yet despite all this, love can still blossom!

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV View Post
    I have no doubt that the rule-breaking goes on all of the time! However, TPTB have CHOSEN to show it TWICE this season - so they are showing it for a reason! Not that it has never happened before!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryvetted View Post
    Thanks BachNoFoolMe and Jurystillout, it's not the one though

Gosh, now it's bugging me.....even though I'm convinced the current spoilers are correct.
    I haven't seen that one but then I'm just now only getting to seeing som eof the interviews this season....been really busy. I'm curious also....

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

I know others might disagree but I think Chantal's getting an idea that he might be backing off - we hear her asking him and saying he's acting weird - wouldn't that make you think twice about where his head might be at??

I think we're going to see Chantal have an idea what's coming and maybe even stop Brad before he tells her by saying she knows. I know she'll be heartbroken and I will feel bad (I always do) but I hope we'll see her ride out of there with her head held high. Expletives and slaps or anything like that won't do her any favors so I hope she didn't go that route.

Then I think we might possibly see a situation similar to Ed's, where Emily's parents are brought in to meet Brad before the FRC. (Hence one of the extra limos.) Brad sits down with them (sans Emily) and asks her father for her hand. Emily comes, completely unknowing, and he goes through typical FRC pledges of being true, wanting to date, etc., etc.

She says yes, they kiss, and out come her parents. Then his family arrives and they all hop on some elephants and ride off into the sunset.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time