Page 104 of 118 FirstFirst ... 454949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1175

Thread: *Spoilers* 2/28 The Bachelor: Episode 9

Re: *Spoilers* 2/28 The Bachelor: Episode 9

Brad needs to not only control her physically - he needs to control her thoughts - Laurel is right - F1 should run, quickly and not look back.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

anders331, I totally agree with you. From the beginning I thought it was RIDIC that these under 30 and mostly under 25 girls would want to be with him. He's too old! I got on the Chantal train because of the spoilers.. I still secretly hope both women turn him down.

causingchaos and TNmomof4 thank you for your comments and for voicing my thoughts for me as well. I honestly could care less what is spoiled to happen and which woman is left standing at the end...I am just finding myself really disappointed in brad's handling of the sensitive moments with the women. I couldn't watch ashley and brad's time all the way through because it was so brutal poor ash. I think when brad saw that she was essentially rejecting him on that video message he clammed up and maybe even got a bit ticked off...he doesn't handle rejection very well at all. while in ash's perspective she was just being completely honest with him and from her reaction of him sending her home - having an opportunity to openly address the issues that had come up the night before.
    his emotional behavior around ash, brit when he let her go, chantal in anguilla etc. were really gut-wrenching for me. I really hope for the sake of his chosen one he gets better at handling difficult emotional situations when things aren't going exactly his way and the woman is expressing her stance and feelings as she has every right to. it's almost like he gets ticked off when someone doesn't behave just how he wants them to as they're breaking up or telling him their feelings :-/ I wish I didn't see this side of him because in the beginning I really did like brad a whole lot...
    Last edited by emusha; 03-01-2011 at 08:18 AM.
    Team Alibeartito

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Max64 View Post
    [B]After watching last nights episode I got the impression that Chantal and Ashley knew Brad was in love with Emily.
    Chantal actually said that she knew Brad loved her last night. Michele might have seen this but Chantal certainly didn't.

Re the FRC last night and the attention he seemed to give Chantal. I think Brad likes that he gives comfort to Emily and wants to "guard and protect" her heart (yeah....shades of Kasey!) He wants to give Emily and Ricki everything they want and need and all the reasurance he thinks Emily has been needing. Yeah, I think he choses her (the fridge pics do say it all for me)...BUT, Brad needed comfort and emotional support after letting Ashley go so he turned to the one who wants to give him that and who he feels comfortable with, Chantal. Brad knows what he wants to give to a woman, but I don't think he knows what he wants a woman to give back to him.

That's my take!

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    Chantal actually said that she knew Brad loved her last night. Michele might have seen this but Chantal certainly didn't.
    when did Chan say that?
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Unless Chantal was close to Ashley and she was upset that she couldn't say good-bye to her? Because as was Bard coming back it was Chantal that noticed it..Boy have to give Chantal one thing..She sure DOES know how the show works..you can tell she has watch it many seasons..

Quote Originally Posted by maryhse View Post
    Re the FRC last night and the attention he seemed to give Chantal. I think Brad likes that he gives comfort to Emily and wants to "guard and protect" her heart (yeah....shades of Kasey!) He wants to give Emily and Ricki everything they want and need and all the reasurance he thinks Emily has been needing. Yeah, I think he choses her (the fridge pics do say it all for me)...BUT, Brad needed comfort and emotional support after letting Ashley go so he turned to the one who wants to give him that and who he feels comfortable with, Chantal. Brad knows what he wants to give to a woman, but I don't think he knows what he wants a woman to give back to him.

That's my take!
    great post. that's exactly what i saw as well... even the thank you baby was in the same vein when she said of course. he picked chantal first too - probably knowing she'd accept his rose... and it doesn't appear he has the emotional awareness to sense what he needs and what chantal is giving him at that moment
    Team Alibeartito

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    Just because she said it doesn't mean she means it. What was flashing into my mind was the scene of Ali professing her love for Jake, when all along she knew she was going to be the next Bahe'tte'

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    I kind of see Brad as insensitive too as it pertains to Chantal.

But what I really wanted to note is his loss of emotional control with Ashley as he was letting her go... or really on the date. He attacked her with a bunch of questions he should have been asking all along with her, put her on the spot, got annoyed when she didn't answer how he wanted to. Although I found Ashley's answers adequate given the circumstance. Then he was a little annoyed that the mood changed. Or that she changed in that moment after essentially insulting her for how she lives her life.

Then my favorite moment was when she was holding it together as she was being walked to the car. It was obvious she was hurt or just not comfortable at all with what was going on. Which is to be expected since she just got dumped basically. And he doesn't understand why she's not all giddy or wanting to give him a hug. Going so far as to state, "What is wrong with you?" If he really had to ask that in that moment he's entirely not aware of what he's doing to the people around him. I have a friend like that that goes through life as a wrecking ball. Can't even recognize how his actions affect those around him.

I feel either Emily or Chantal could do better than him with a more emotionally mature person but that's their choice.
    Great post, and ICAM. I think this conversation gave us pretty good insight into why Brad is still single at 38. It also explains why the relationship with Laurel dragged on for 8 years. He's a bad breaker-upper. Seriously, I think we saw the pre-therapy Brad in this convo and that makes me think he's not changed at all, just putting on a show to get the prize (a wife) to take back to Austin, sit on a shelf, and admire while she adoringly hangs on his every word, and pops out babies every couple of years.

Every time somebody comes back for a second go-round on this show, they end up looking like less of a catch. I've defended Brad through two seasons now, but I'm finally done. He's a mess. I don't know if Emily is as much of a stepford wife as others described her earlier in the season, but that's clearly what Brad wants. All that southern charm and good manners is a facade for his inner caveman. Blech.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl