Page 102 of 118 FirstFirst ... 2529293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1175

Thread: *Spoilers* 2/28 The Bachelor: Episode 9

  1. #1011
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    peaceful north
    Posts
    575

    Re: *Spoilers* 2/28 The Bachelor: Episode 9

    I watched part of the east coast version but had to leave as Brad was about to view the private video messages from all 3 (after talk with CH and before rose ceremony). Then I watched the west coast version and that entire part was edited out! Can anyone recap what those messages said? or perhaps a link to watch the messages? thanks in advance!

  2. #1012
    "SPYING" ButterflyFaery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Never Never Land
    Posts
    5,972

    Re: *Spoilers* 2/28 The Bachelor: Episode 9

    Quote Originally Posted by mountaingirl70 View Post
    I watched part of the east coast version but had to leave as Brad was about to view the private video messages from all 3 (after talk with CH and before rose ceremony). Then I watched the west coast version and that entire part was edited out! Can anyone recap what those messages said? or perhaps a link to watch the messages? thanks in advance!
    I think its in the media section they have a link to view those scenes....I don't think anyone in the US got to see them but we know our friends in Canada got to
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

  3. #1013
    FORT Fogey VAgirl79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,892

    Re: *Spoilers* 2/28 The Bachelor: Episode 9

    Quote Originally Posted by mountaingirl70 View Post
    I watched part of the east coast version but had to leave as Brad was about to view the private video messages from all 3 (after talk with CH and before rose ceremony). Then I watched the west coast version and that entire part was edited out! Can anyone recap what those messages said? or perhaps a link to watch the messages? thanks in advance!
    Wait, there were video messages shown tonight? Didn't know that! I'm on the East Coast, and the show here went from Brad talking to Chris H. to cutting to him looking at the photos and saying he knew what he had to do, or whatever exactly it was he said.

    Why would it have been edited out anywhere, anyway? Strange.

  4. #1014
    "SPYING" ButterflyFaery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Never Never Land
    Posts
    5,972

    Re: *Spoilers* 2/28 The Bachelor: Episode 9

    Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79 View Post
    Wait, there were video messages shown tonight? Didn't know that! I'm on the East Coast, and the show here went from Brad talking to Chris H. to cutting to him looking at the photos and saying he knew what he had to do, or whatever exactly it was he said.

    Why would it have been edited out anywhere, anyway? Strange.
    I think they were edited out here so we could meet the new cast for DWTS
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

  5. #1015
    FORT Fogey nikkij_26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    houston, tx
    Posts
    1,615

    Re: *Spoilers* 2/28 The Bachelor: Episode 9

    Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    very interesting reading and I appreciate your point of view..the only thing I disagree with though is that Brad did break the rules to reassure Emily so if he could do it for one why couldn't he do it for another...because she wasn't his F1 and he should have sent her home as soon as possible after she declared her love for him IMO...looking back on the nascar date all the other girls felt like they were intruding on a one on one date with Emily and Brad even admitted he didn't realize how that effected the other girls because he kept pulling Emily aside to reassure her and to see if she was okay...again..if he broke the rules to be that concerned about Emilys' feelings, then he has his little impromtu picnic just for Emily because he felt badly that she didn't get a date that week...but he didn't do anything else for any of the other ladies when they didn't get a date do why couldn't he just show a little symphathy for Chantel's and send her home..thats the main reason I have said that Brad was his own man and would not let Fleiss dictate to him what he would do and this season he has shown us that he will break the rules...but only when it serves his purposes


    Your missing 2 key points of what I was saying and the point I was trying to get across. So, I would ask you for the moment to forget that Emily may be the F1. Wipe it out of your mind for th epurpose of these next statements. Random girl A is the F! for the purpose of this exercise and Chantal is making her same ultimatums. Answer me this question what makes Chantal so special over all the other girls who got sent home that weren't Random girl A F1? What makes her better than any of the other girls that she gets the heads up and gets to be sent home early to spare her feelings or by not getting sent home after those ultimatums gets the reassurance that she needs to stay? The fact that people think she's a great gall with a great sarcatic sense of humor? The fact that she wore her heart on her sleeve so people can believe she's in love with Brad versus women who are equally in love with him but more reserved with showing it? The fact that she asked him to send her home versus girls who didn't give ultimatums but, would've wanted to be sent home to given the same option? The fact that she told she was fallin in love and then in love with him? What about Shawntell, she did the same? The fact that she was the chosen F1 spoiled by RS before the season started and people fell for her and now there is a snafu in the works? Chantal is no more deserving than any of the rest the 29 girls who got dumped for the F1 no matter where in the equation they got dumped.

    Regarding the as soon as Chantal told him she loved him, I mean come on she told him she was in falling for him after 1 one-on-one date (after 2 group dates)! Compare Shawntell & Chantal. He sent Shawntell home after she said she was falling in love with him in Anguilla & in love with him on HTD. Why did he send Shawntell home over Chantal same ILY situation because he felt for both of them but more from CHantal, and less than F1. Plus, it was also about how their futures, families and goals were compatible. He didn't only send shawntell home because he didn't feel yet the way she felt but also because of her career, family situation. Saying ILY isn't a way to guarantee you have the right to be sent home or reassured over other girls who are in the same boat of being hurt just as much but are cautious with spouting off their feelings. Also, Emily did not give Brad an ultimatum or ask to be reassured by Brad when she told him she was falling for him. That was Brad's decision based on his own feelings at hearing her saying she was falling for him. I think he did it more out of his own emotion at her saying that to him than out of a need to reassure her that she would be staying. Emily said it not looking for reassurance but, because she felt that at this stage, as most in the F3 do every season, that it was time she alerted Brad to what she was felling for him in light of the possibility of a proposal the following week. She's aware, like Shawntell was aware when she said it, that he probably not be able to say it back. It was Brad's decision that he did.


    Next, about Brad doing special things for Emily and not doing things for the other girls, I'll take that in 2 parts. Brad has done special things for other girls throughout the season. He got a cake for Michelle for her birthday(and gave her group date rose), got the little chocolates tier for Alli, tried to give Ashley the group date rose on the group Loveline date to reassure 'til she through a tantrum last minute and he decided to give it to Brit. My point is Brad has individual relationships with all these women that will inspire special moments, special reassurances, and gifts that are based solely on things that occurred between them in their relationships and on their dates. Brad tried to make all the women feel special in their own way based on their relationship when he could. However, it's not his job to make all the women feel special and constantly reassured all the time. There would be no show or it would be a show just about a guy making 30 women feel good. This is not what it's about. This is about Brad finding his ONE wife. The rest is incidental. He can do as best as he can but he can;t do it for all 30 women all the time or you would be accusing him of leading all 30 women on more they people already are and he would never get to the core of why he is there which is to find the one.


    The two occurences you specifically mentioned, Brad pulling Emily away so many times on the nascar date and the impromptu picnic were not breaking any rules. They weren't really about reassuring Emily initially either. They both centered around the tragedy of fiance'. The nascar date was about checking on her constantly to see if she was alright after being thrust into a situation without her knowledge that reminded her of that tragedy. It was a human reaction on Brad's part and a guilt reaction feeling that he wa sthe cause of placing her in that situation. If Chantal, Shawntel, or any of the other girls were the once with the deceased ex-fiance who was a race car driver, he would have done the same. Brad also had to stil take her aside at some points on the date to accomplish what he needed to do with all the girls on the date make progress on the date outside the tragedy of her ex. Brad made sure to make time and talk to all the girls who didn't get a date on week 4. He simply made an extra effort to take Emily completely away from the other girls for the impromptu picnic. He did so because he had not had the chance to talk with her since opened herself up and revealed the tragic details of her fiance's death and the fact that she had a daughter. He wanted her to know that he appreciated her opening up to him about something painful and intimate without being interrupted. He would have done the same thing say for Chantal after she told him about her natural father if they hadn't got to stay on Catalina and he hadn't got to spend any time with her the next week on a date. However, that never happened she never missed a date or a RC chat. He would have done the same for the other girls.

    Was it extra special with the whole picnic setup? Yes, but he was trying to match the date when she told him. Plus, he realized he should do things special at times for the other ladies and he did for Alli, Melissa, and even Brit when it came to makeing sure she had time with him after what she said when they were on loveline. Did he have extra special impetus to do the things he did on nascar date, impromptu picnic, and later when he did actually break the rules in anguilla & FD because Emily may be his F1 and he has strong feelings for her? Sure, absolutely. Same way Andy did with getting Tessa the Cinderella date and Byron giving Mary Cinderella date and sitting chatting with her during group pajama party when she wanted to leave. Bottom line there can only be one F1 and for the lead eventually it comes down to just the lead and their F1. Brad can't break the rules for all 30 girls all the time. So, if he's going to break the rules it's gonna more often than not be for the F1. His main purpose is to find his F1 and find his potential wife over anything else. And no matter how much of his own man Brad is, or anyone for that matter, TPTB are only going to let him break the rules so many times and for so many people. TPTB will let the lead break the rules for the F1 and others if it means keeping the main couple or more importantly it's advantageous to them for good TV. It's the nature of the beast that is the show.


    Those are my thoughts, but, as always we can agree to disagree.

  6. #1016
    "SPYING" ButterflyFaery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Never Never Land
    Posts
    5,972

    Re: *Spoilers* 2/28 The Bachelor: Episode 9

    I think we can just agree to disagree...but you put a lot of thought into your comments and was very interesting to read your point of view...I just think we view things differently which is fine...all is good
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

  7. #1017
    FORT Fogey one71721's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,570

    Re: *Spoilers* 2/28 The Bachelor: Episode 9

    I agree with you ButterflyFaery, random girl or Emily it doesn't matter.. he was broke the rules with Ashley and sparing her feelings of standing through a rose ceremony...he is breaking the rules for Emily left and right but he WON'T honor Chantal's request or spare her feelings? Ummmm...He's a self serving JERK.

  8. #1018
    FORT Regular madz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    68

    Re: *Spoilers* 2/28 The Bachelor: Episode 9

    Quote Originally Posted by nikkij_26 View Post
    Your missing 2 key points of what I was saying and the point I was trying to get across. So, I would ask you for the moment to forget that Emily may be the F1. Wipe it out of your mind for th epurpose of these next statements. Random girl A is the F! for the purpose of this exercise and Chantal is making her same ultimatums. Answer me this question what makes Chantal so special over all the other girls who got sent home that weren't Random girl A F1? What makes her better than any of the other girls that she gets the heads up and gets to be sent home early to spare her feelings or by not getting sent home after those ultimatums gets the reassurance that she needs to stay? The fact that people think she's a great gall with a great sarcatic sense of humor? The fact that she wore her heart on her sleeve so people can believe she's in love with Brad versus women who are equally in love with him but more reserved with showing it? The fact that she asked him to send her home versus girls who didn't give ultimatums but, would've wanted to be sent home to given the same option? The fact that she told she was fallin in love and then in love with him? What about Shawntell, she did the same? The fact that she was the chosen F1 spoiled by RS before the season started and people fell for her and now there is a snafu in the works? Chantal is no more deserving than any of the rest the 29 girls who got dumped for the F1 no matter where in the equation they got dumped.

    Regarding the as soon as Chantal told him she loved him, I mean come on she told him she was in falling for him after 1 one-on-one date (after 2 group dates)! Compare Shawntell & Chantal. He sent Shawntell home after she said she was falling in love with him in Anguilla & in love with him on HTD. Why did he send Shawntell home over Chantal same ILY situation because he felt for both of them but more from CHantal, and less than F1. Plus, it was also about how their futures, families and goals were compatible. He didn't only send shawntell home because he didn't feel yet the way she felt but also because of her career, family situation. Saying ILY isn't a way to guarantee you have the right to be sent home or reassured over other girls who are in the same boat of being hurt just as much but are cautious with spouting off their feelings. Also, Emily did not give Brad an ultimatum or ask to be reassured by Brad when she told him she was falling for him. That was Brad's decision based on his own feelings at hearing her saying she was falling for him. I think he did it more out of his own emotion at her saying that to him than out of a need to reassure her that she would be staying. Emily said it not looking for reassurance but, because she felt that at this stage, as most in the F3 do every season, that it was time she alerted Brad to what she was felling for him in light of the possibility of a proposal the following week. She's aware, like Shawntell was aware when she said it, that he probably not be able to say it back. It was Brad's decision that he did.


    Next, about Brad doing special things for Emily and not doing things for the other girls, I'll take that in 2 parts. Brad has done special things for other girls throughout the season. He got a cake for Michelle for her birthday(and gave her group date rose), got the little chocolates tier for Alli, tried to give Ashley the group date rose on the group Loveline date to reassure 'til she through a tantrum last minute and he decided to give it to Brit. My point is Brad has individual relationships with all these women that will inspire special moments, special reassurances, and gifts that are based solely on things that occurred between them in their relationships and on their dates. Brad tried to make all the women feel special in their own way based on their relationship when he could. However, it's not his job to make all the women feel special and constantly reassured all the time. There would be no show or it would be a show just about a guy making 30 women feel good. This is not what it's about. This is about Brad finding his ONE wife. The rest is incidental. He can do as best as he can but he can;t do it for all 30 women all the time or you would be accusing him of leading all 30 women on more they people already are and he would never get to the core of why he is there which is to find the one.


    The two occurences you specifically mentioned, Brad pulling Emily away so many times on the nascar date and the impromptu picnic were not breaking any rules. They weren't really about reassuring Emily initially either. They both centered around the tragedy of fiance'. The nascar date was about checking on her constantly to see if she was alright after being thrust into a situation without her knowledge that reminded her of that tragedy. It was a human reaction on Brad's part and a guilt reaction feeling that he wa sthe cause of placing her in that situation. If Chantal, Shawntel, or any of the other girls were the once with the deceased ex-fiance who was a race car driver, he would have done the same. Brad also had to stil take her aside at some points on the date to accomplish what he needed to do with all the girls on the date make progress on the date outside the tragedy of her ex. Brad made sure to make time and talk to all the girls who didn't get a date on week 4. He simply made an extra effort to take Emily completely away from the other girls for the impromptu picnic. He did so because he had not had the chance to talk with her since opened herself up and revealed the tragic details of her fiance's death and the fact that she had a daughter. He wanted her to know that he appreciated her opening up to him about something painful and intimate without being interrupted. He would have done the same thing say for Chantal after she told him about her natural father if they hadn't got to stay on Catalina and he hadn't got to spend any time with her the next week on a date. However, that never happened she never missed a date or a RC chat. He would have done the same for the other girls.

    Was it extra special with the whole picnic setup? Yes, but he was trying to match the date when she told him. Plus, he realized he should do things special at times for the other ladies and he did for Alli, Melissa, and even Brit when it came to makeing sure she had time with him after what she said when they were on loveline. Did he have extra special impetus to do the things he did on nascar date, impromptu picnic, and later when he did actually break the rules in anguilla & FD because Emily may be his F1 and he has strong feelings for her? Sure, absolutely. Same way Andy did with getting Tessa the Cinderella date and Byron giving Mary Cinderella date and sitting chatting with her during group pajama party when she wanted to leave. Bottom line there can only be one F1 and for the lead eventually it comes down to just the lead and their F1. Brad can't break the rules for all 30 girls all the time. So, if he's going to break the rules it's gonna more often than not be for the F1. His main purpose is to find his F1 and find his potential wife over anything else. And no matter how much of his own man Brad is, or anyone for that matter, TPTB are only going to let him break the rules so many times and for so many people. TPTB will let the lead break the rules for the F1 and others if it means keeping the main couple or more importantly it's advantageous to them for good TV. It's the nature of the beast that is the show.


    Those are my thoughts, but, as always we can agree to disagree.
    I usually ignore long dissertations but you have couple of posts that I simply love to read over and over again. A cohesive post. Good job.

  9. #1019
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: *Spoilers* 2/28 The Bachelor: Episode 9

    RS may be out of a job. Never again will we or RS believe a spoiler from an inside or "trusted" source.

    This has steered us back to sleuthing. It also shows us Fleiss does care about spoiling. It is clear the first and false spoiler was generated from the inside on purpose and I believe Fleiss was at the root of it. This became obvious to me, in hindsight, as I searched for the spark between he and C and grasped at straws, angry at Fleiss for hiding it so well. And he hid the real love too or at least kept it so low key we had to have bonded with Emily to see it!

    We have already seen the elimination of FRC shots in the previews as an indication that he is aware of sleuthing, as well.

    As Chantal watches this show unfold, I hope she gains perspective and heals quickly. Emily is equally stunned at his behavior. We have heard Brad say this very fact. Will this damage the fragile love that is only weeks old? Time will tell. The odds are against this lasting as with any season but this one has a layer that others do not.

    Onward to the Bachelorette and a new approach to watching, a benefit from this mess of a season!
    Last edited by shoepie; 03-01-2011 at 07:04 AM.

  10. #1020
    FORT Fan Trueloveforever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    246

    Re: *Spoilers* 2/28 The Bachelor: Episode 9

    Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    RS may be out of a job. Never again will we or RS believe a spoiler from an inside or "trusted" source.

    This has steered us back to sleuthing. It also shows us Fleiss does care about spoiling. It is clear the first and false spoiler was generated from the insde on purpose and I believe Fleiss was at the root of it. This became obvious to me, in hindsight, as I searched for the spark between he and C and grasped at straws, angry at Fleiss for hiding it so well. And he hid the real love too or at least kept it so low key we had to have bonded with Emily to see it!

    We have already seen the elimination of FRC shots in the previews as an indication that he is aware of sleuthing, as well.

    As Chantal watches this show unfold, I hope she gains perspective and heals quickly. Emily is equally stunned at his behavior. We have heard Brad say this very fact. Will this damage the fragile love that is only weeks old? Time will tell. The odds are against this lasting as with any season but this one has a layer that others do not.

    Onward to the Bachelorette and a new approach to watching, a benefit from this mess of a season!

    That's why I'm starting to doubt that Ashley is Bachelorette.. she doesn't have that effect on the audience like Chantal does.. We'll have to wait and see but I think that having Ashley as the bachelorette will be the dumbest move Fleiss has ever made.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.