Page 101 of 118 FirstFirst ... 51919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1175

Thread: *Spoilers* 2/28 The Bachelor: Episode 9

  1. #1001
    "SPYING" ButterflyFaery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Never Never Land
    Posts
    5,972

    Re: *Spoilers* 2/28 The Bachelor: Episode 9

    Quote Originally Posted by Truelovealways View Post
    I sure hope Em is the F1. If not what Brad said to her tonight would be FAR worse than what he is did to Chantal
    yes it would...boy oh boy did Andy learn that lesson the hard way..that guy was bashed by hundreds for telling Bevin and Tessa he loved them
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

  2. #1002
    TEAM BREMILY ♥ Truelovealways's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,711

    Re: *Spoilers* 2/28 The Bachelor: Episode 9

    Quote Originally Posted by Lupa View Post
    This is the part of the show tonight where I really thought Brad looked like a goner for Emily (after telling her that he knows she's a package deal with Ricki and he loves that):

    Yep he had a lot of looks tonight that said ILY . Especially this one loved this look
    "People throw rocks at things that shine and life makes love look hard but my choice is you" -Bremily

  3. #1003
    "SPYING" ButterflyFaery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Never Never Land
    Posts
    5,972

    Re: *Spoilers* 2/28 The Bachelor: Episode 9

    Quote Originally Posted by chaslom4 View Post
    Well I couldn't have done that! Kudo's to Chantal for going in that cage! We went to Hawaii shortly after seeing the first Jaws movie. I couldn't even go in the ocean period!
    well cape town where this takes place is where the discovery channel goes each winter to film their "air jaws" around seal island...that time of year that they were there ..there are thousands of great whites in that area feeding on the seals..and you are right..cage or not..you wouldn't have gotten me in that water in a black suit to top it off...so that the shark thinks i am a seal to feast on...they would have had to sedate me first...lol and you are right they were both much braver than i would have been
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

  4. #1004
    the butterfly season etherealfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    359

    Re: *Spoilers* 2/28 The Bachelor: Episode 9

    Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    well cape town where this takes place is where the discovery channel goes each winter to film their "air jaws" around seal island...that time of year that they were there ..there are thousands of great whites in that area feeding on the seals..and you are right..cage or not..you wouldn't have gotten me in that water in a black suit to top it off...so that the shark thinks i am a seal to feast on...they would have had to sedate me first...lol and you are right they were both much braver than i would have been

    Yuck, I have to say that is one date I would really hate ... I shudder to think what form they present the bait int to get them around that cage. In fact, it makes me angry and sick just thinking about it
    "If you're going to walk on thin ice, you might as well dance." ~ anonymous

  5. #1005
    FORT Fogey LuvThisStuf!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Luv this location!
    Posts
    837

    Re: *Spoilers* 2/28 The Bachelor: Episode 9

    I don't think F1 ever gets the shark date. I could be wrong..... And I've also heard the F1 music with Emily.....but again, MF might be changing up the edit. I wonder why they let us see Brad telling Emily he was falling for her, though? Hmmmmmm.....

  6. #1006
    TEAM BREMILY ♥ Truelovealways's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,711

    Re: *Spoilers* 2/28 The Bachelor: Episode 9

    Quote Originally Posted by LuvThisStuf! View Post
    I don't think F1 ever gets the shark date. I could be wrong..... And I've also heard the F1 music with Emily.....but again, MF might be changing up the edit. I wonder why they let us see Brad telling Emily he was falling for her, though? Hmmmmmm.....
    Because he is! And if he's not and he let's her go at the FRC than he really better leave the country that is for sure
    "People throw rocks at things that shine and life makes love look hard but my choice is you" -Bremily

  7. #1007
    FORT Fan realityismylife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    285

    Re: *Spoilers* 2/28 The Bachelor: Episode 9

    I rewatched Brad and Chantal's date and I have to say I love the way they are together. I like Brad a LOT better when he's with her and I love that Chantal keeps him on his toes.
    I've always felt Brad and Em were too stilted, but want to rewatch carefully to see if I can see what many others are seeing.
    As far as stringing someone along - unfortunately it is the name of the game. I wish the lead would be more careful about what they say.
    The catch with Chantal is that he sent Shawntell home because he wasn't feeling the way someone should when she said ILY. Why doesn't this apply to Chantal? Maybe he was going to use the same reason, but cut it earlier with Ash. I'd feel the same way if Emily were to be cut after he said he was falling in love.

  8. #1008
    FORT Fogey nikkij_26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    houston, tx
    Posts
    1,615

    Re: *Spoilers* 2/28 The Bachelor: Episode 9

    Quote Originally Posted by daisy26 View Post
    I get that this is a TV show first and foremost. I get that these ladies have willingly signed up for this show and all that goes with it. I get that the whole premise of this show is basically pretty cold hearted for everyone but one girl. I get that Brad had to bring someone to F2. However I have to say that I am disappointed in Brad for stringing Chantal along. He has said that he fell early and hard. We now know that he fell for Emily. Chantal has repeatedly asked him to send her home if he doesn't feel the same way that she does, so send her home already Brad!! I am guessing that his defense will be that he wanted to fully explore every relationship. But really I expected more from Brad and for that I am disappointed. I do wish Brad and Emily every happiness.

    Still a bit under the weather so not posting much but, I wanted to address this bolded statement briefly because I keep seeing people saying it. I see people keep saying Chantal wore her heart on her sleeve, told him she loved him, and asked him to send her home if she wasn't the one(there have been many variations of this send me home" if I'm not the one", "if you don't feel the same way", "if you don't feel anything for me", on and on. Frankly, first if Chantal had dropped the direct ultimatum of send me home if I'm not the one or F1 there is no way on this green earth that she can think that he would be able to do that within the constraints of this show whether he felt anything for her or not. Especially, at the time of filming that she made her statements. I don't care what kind of connection she felt she had with Brad, what would make her think she is any better than any of the other girls to receive that particular reassurance. Every other girl was risking being hurt just as much as she was and wanted reassurance. What makes her any better than say, Shawntell, who also told Brad she was falling in love with him and loved him? All the girls feel something on some level whether they voice it or are smart and emotionally reserved enough to keep it to themselves. No on wants to be hurt but, it's the nature of the beast that is this show. Chantal was trying to be emotionally manipulative.

    Next, to my recollection what Chantal actual said at the pool after Nascar date was 'send me home if you don't feel for me'. The second time was on the SI date and was 'if you can't choose me out of 3 girls send me home'. I'm paraphrasing on both I don't have time to relook right now. Brad could have kept her on both counts and not be leading her on. He does feel something for her and obviously felt more for her than the girls he sent home, particularly in the early stages after that statement. The second one on the SI date was more about Ashley getting the rose. Chantal was thinking she should be getting the rose on that date if she was F1. Brad was telling her that we don't think the same. In his mind he gave Ashey the rose at that point because of how she took on the photoshoot and added bonus it gave her some reassurance. However, frankly he probably wanted to not give it to either of the 3 women with how they were acting on that date. The reasons the leads give date roses are not always built on who they feel the most for a'la Britt getting date rose over Ashley that time.

    Brad got the ok from his therapist that this is his journey to find love and that he needs to forget loyalties to the women and fully explore his relationships with all the women , open his emotions to all, and feel which feelings for which woman floats to the top as the strongest. And that's what Brad is doing. That's what pretty much all leads, male & female, do and have to do if they are going to give this concept of dating multiple people at the same time the ability to work. And the bachelor/ettes that join the show sign of for it. All leads have said that you can develop feelings for multiple people, including those who say they fell for their F1 early on or at 1st sight. They still develop feelings for the other individuals, as is natural when they must continue to date, get close, and create memories with all of them. Plus, there have been many huge frontrunners who started that way and with time fell to the wayside as the lead got to know them better. Look at Ashley. It happens the same IRL dating when you meet the guy and feel so much promise on dating him at first and then that dwindles months later. It's just sped up quicktime in the Bachelor/ette bubble. It's not just about feelings, especially when it comes to marriage, it's about can you live with this person for a lifetime and your lives mesh together. The difference between a long-term girlfriend and wife. The F3 often comes down to that, the fling, the girlfriend, and the wife. It takes time to figure out which is which in terms of how you feel and how your lifetime goals match. Brad didn't take Chantal to the F3/2 because he felt nothing for her. He felt for her but, if Emily is F1, he felt the most for Emily. Even though he fell early it took time for him to see that those feelings would hold true, match for a combined life, and that other feelings for Chantal & other girls wouldn't grow an doverride those feelings. That's not evevn factoring in what he was required to do by the show. IMO


    Those are my 2cents for the night, lol. Bit longer than I intended

  9. #1009
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    63

    Re: *Spoilers* 2/28 The Bachelor: Episode 9

    From the beginning of the show didn't the previews asked Will She Choose or accept him at the FRC. Or to that effect.

  10. #1010
    "SPYING" ButterflyFaery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Never Never Land
    Posts
    5,972

    Re: *Spoilers* 2/28 The Bachelor: Episode 9

    Quote Originally Posted by nikkij_26 View Post
    Still a bit under the weather so not posting much but, I wanted to address this bolded statement briefly because I keep seeing people saying it. I see people keep saying Chantal wore her heart on her sleeve, told him she loved him, and asked him to send her home if she wasn't the one(there have been many variations of this send me home" if I'm not the one", "if you don't feel the same way", "if you don't feel anything for me", on and on. Frankly, first if Chantal had dropped the direct ultimatum of send me home if I'm not the one or F1 there is no way on this green earth that she can think that he would be able to do that within the constraints of this show whether he felt anything for her or not. Especially, at the time of filming that she made her statements. I don't care what kind of connection she felt she had with Brad, what would make her think she is any better than any of the other girls to receive that particular reassurance. Every other girl was risking being hurt just as much as she was and wanted reassurance. What makes her any better than say, Shawntell, who also told Brad she was falling in love with him and loved him? All the girls feel something on some level whether they voice it or are smart and emotionally reserved enough to keep it to themselves. No on wants to be hurt but, it's the nature of the beast that is this show. Chantal was trying to be emotionally manipulative.

    Next, to my recollection what Chantal actual said at the pool after Nascar date was 'send me home if you don't feel for me'. The second time was on the SI date and was 'if you can't choose me out of 3 girls send me home'. I'm paraphrasing on both I don't have time to relook right now. Brad could have kept her on both counts and not be leading her on. He does feel something for her and obviously felt more for her than the girls he sent home, particularly in the early stages after that statement. The second one on the SI date was more about Ashley getting the rose. Chantal was thinking she should be getting the rose on that date if she was F1. Brad was telling her that we don't think the same. In his mind he gave Ashey the rose at that point because of how she took on the photoshoot and added bonus it gave her some reassurance. However, frankly he probably wanted to not give it to either of the 3 women with how they were acting on that date. The reasons the leads give date roses are not always built on who they feel the most for a'la Britt getting date rose over Ashley that time.

    Brad got the ok from his therapist that this is his journey to find love and that he needs to forget loyalties to the women and fully explore his relationships with all the women , open his emotions to all, and feel which feelings for which woman floats to the top as the strongest. And that's what Brad is doing. That's what pretty much all leads, male & female, do and have to do if they are going to give this concept of dating multiple people at the same time the ability to work. And the bachelor/ettes that join the show sign of for it. All leads have said that you can develop feelings for multiple people, including those who say they fell for their F1 early on or at 1st sight. They still develop feelings for the other individuals, as is natural when they must continue to date, get close, and create memories with all of them. Plus, there have been many huge frontrunners who started that way and with time fell to the wayside as the lead got to know them better. Look at Ashley. It happens the same IRL dating when you meet the guy and feel so much promise on dating him at first and then that dwindles months later. It's just sped up quicktime in the Bachelor/ette bubble. It's not just about feelings, especially when it comes to marriage, it's about can you live with this person for a lifetime and your lives mesh together. The difference between a long-term girlfriend and wife. The F3 often comes down to that, the fling, the girlfriend, and the wife. It takes time to figure out which is which in terms of how you feel and how your lifetime goals match. Brad didn't take Chantal to the F3/2 because he felt nothing for her. He felt for her but, if Emily is F1, he felt the most for Emily. Even though he fell early it took time for him to see that those feelings would hold true, match for a combined life, and that other feelings for Chantal & other girls wouldn't grow an doverride those feelings. That's not evevn factoring in what he was required to do by the show. IMO


    Those are my 2cents for the night, lol. Bit longer than I intended
    very interesting reading and I appreciate your point of view..the only thing I disagree with though is that Brad did break the rules to reassure Emily so if he could do it for one why couldn't he do it for another...because she wasn't his F1 and he should have sent her home as soon as possible after she declared her love for him IMO...looking back on the nascar date all the other girls felt like they were intruding on a one on one date with Emily and Brad even admitted he didn't realize how that effected the other girls because he kept pulling Emily aside to reassure her and to see if she was okay...again..if he broke the rules to be that concerned about Emilys' feelings, then he has his little impromtu picnic just for Emily because he felt badly that she didn't get a date that week...but he didn't do anything else for any of the other ladies when they didn't get a date do why couldn't he just show a little symphathy for Chantel's and send her home..thats the main reason I have said that Brad was his own man and would not let Fleiss dictate to him what he would do and this season he has shown us that he will break the rules...but only when it serves his purposes
    Last edited by ButterflyFaery; 03-01-2011 at 05:05 AM.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.