Page 64 of 277 FirstFirst ... 14545556575859606162636465666768697071727374114164 ... LastLast

Thread: There's a New F1 in Town and Fort Has It First

FORT Fogey

Re: There's a New F1 in Town and Fort Has It First

Quote Originally Posted by barbell View Post
    While I didn't think she was F1, I sort of just passively accepted that Emily was a 24 year old woman dating a 38 year old man. Now, it's driving me nuts and reminds me of some sleezy celebrity. I hope for Ricki's sake this works, but that is a huge age difference if Emily is in fact F1...sorry, it's just an ick factor for me.
    Lots of ick factor for me too. Ricki's life is changed forever, just with her mom doing a reality dating show. Now if her mom "won" her a dad, double ick.

I'm able to sit back and look at everybody else as characters on a show, but not the child. She had no voice in any of this. But she will live with the consequences nonetheless.

I really hope Brad and Emily are able to pull this off if they are in fact the final couple. But they have way more stacked against them than for them.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by barbell View Post
    While I didn't think she was F1, I sort of just passively accepted that Emily was a 24 year old woman dating a 38 year old man. Now, it's driving me nuts and reminds me of some sleezy celebrity. I hope for Ricki's sake this works, but that is a huge age difference if Emily is in fact F1...sorry, it's just an ick factor for me.

Personally, I think this was the real reason that they did not show the woman's ages with their names at the "meet and greet." I think they would have lost alot of viewers just from that context alone.

Personally, for me it's not an issue. I have married friends who have large age differences between them. The are all happily married with families.

I keep going back to this tweet tweeted by a produce Dec 27th
    Millsy11374 Robert Mills
    One week to Bachelor! You will want to watch from week 1! It will make the payoff of an ending we've NEVER had before all the richer!!
    IMO it points more towards Emily than it does Chantal.
    "People throw rocks at things that shine and life makes love look hard but my choice is you" -Bremily

Quote Originally Posted by quietlurker View Post
    14 yrs isn't bad... Look at Kelsey Grammar.. He just married his mistress whom is 29 yrs old. Kelsey is 56. There's a 27 year difference. Heck, my hubby is about 17 yrs older than I am in and we're going strong after several years + 1 child. Obviously something's working...

and oh... None of us are sleezy celebrities.. LOL But.. when you said that, instantly Shayne Lamas's Mother's picture popped in my mind.. LMAO
    No offense intended, Quietlurker. However, Kelsey Grammar was the ick factor celebrity I was thinking about marrying his 29 year old MISTRESS, along with Hugh Heffner marrying his 19 or whatever she is old playmate. I don't know why it bothers me more when the women are so young...I have no issue with a 60 year old woman marrying a guy 75. Just some late night craziness...maybe I should take a Bachelor rest tomorrow

FORT Regular

Short-time lurker here (just watched this season) and just have to say, I was a initially bit peeved when I heard this news!! Well, really peeved! lol.

First episode, I was actually rooting for Emily but then as I watched I thought he and Chantal had the most natural chemistry. I actually find him a bit scripted and boring with all the girls but he seemed to have some relatively normal boyfriend/girlfriend interactions with Chantal. They seemed the most real. But those pics on that fridge look like a pretty good indicator along with this spoiler. He also seems to rave about Emily the most. Emily seems nice and kind so good for them.

And really, Chantal would actually be better off with someone more...lively and eccentric. Like... in real life, I don't think she'd be the type to date someone like Brad. I'm kind of like her and I could NEVER date someone like him (zzzzzzzzzzzz). Not that he's not a good guy but just my (and hers I suspect) personality. I think she'd get bored of him so in that regard I think Emily/Brad makes more sense.

Once they're on the show, I think the women get easily tricked into the idea that basically the bachelor is their "one and only"...but that's just because he's the only dude they have contact with for what 3 months. Why limit yourself ladies?!

Now I'm just mad she's not the bachorlette! WTH

Thanks cupcakes! I did the wordcount for Roberto v. Chris as well, and the discrepancy is nowhere near as big as it is for Emily v. Chantal.

Chris: 1,093 words
    Roberto: 1,320 words

Conclusion: For every 1 word written about Chris, Ali wrote 1.2 words about Roberto. For every 1 word written about Chantal, Brad wrote 3.9 words about Emily.

Ultimately this may not mean much, but it's alarming just how much he writes about Emily compared to anyone else. Many FORTers have suggested that TPTB review Brad's blog before it gets published to ensure it doesn't lean too much in one girl's favour enough to spoil the ending. Well, Brad's blog clearly leans very strongly in Emily's favour! He's either spelling it out for us (because Emily is F1), or duping us big time (because Chantal is F1).
    Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

FORT Newbie

I notice babyfaceC has said in a post here (more than once, i think) that "love is in the air" and i wondered if he was trying to hint that emily is f1 w/that, because of all the kite flying...?

BFC also mentioned how the word "lucky" has some significance - could that be their "code word"? I mentioned in a previous post that it stood out to me on their 1:1 in anguilla brad saying "i am a lucky man," which is exactly what he says in most every (if not every) interview regarding his f1.

I thought for sure RS was right and chantal was f1 but i am now reeaalllly leaning the other way, if not 100% convinced. I'm just glad the last two are both (IMO) lovely ladies -- i will be happy for brad and whoever he chooses!

The worst part is -- if emily is the f1, why cant chantal be the 'ette??

Quote Originally Posted by skitts View Post
    You are quite possibly right about Chantal being the F3...Monday's show will be very telling in that regard...I appreciate your insight. Regarding your "drama" comment above, that would be even more detrimental if Brad/TPTB kept Chantal to provide some "on screen" romance/bone jumping only to keep the show exciting.....not good in my book!
    Do we have any feed back from the WTA taping friday ? Anyone? Was Ashley there? Did they show the Finale? They usually do.

Quote Originally Posted by npaulk View Post
    I notice babyfaceC has said in a post here (more than once, i think) that "love is in the air" and i wondered if he was trying to hint that emily is f1 w/that, because of all the kite flying...?

BFC also mentioned how the word "lucky" has some significance - could that be their "code word"? I mentioned in a previous post that it stood out to me on their 1:1 in anguilla brad saying "i am a lucky man," which is exactly what he says in most every (if not every) interview regarding his f1.

I thought for sure RS was right and chantal was f1 but i am now reeaalllly leaning the other way, if not 100% convinced. I'm just glad the last two are both (IMO) lovely ladies -- i will be happy for brad and whoever he chooses!

The worst part is -- if emily is the f1, why cant chantal be the 'ette??
    I will also be happy for him with whomever he chooses but for the part of your post I bolded....is obvious that someone has been given false information and now we are doing exactly what the Fleissmonster wants us to do....doubt ourselves
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JoLena View Post
    Do we have any feed back from the WTA taping friday ? Anyone? Was Ashley there? Did they show the Finale? They usually do.
    RS wrote about it. Ashley H. was there, yes. They didn't show the finale and there was no B'ette announcement though.
    Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.