Page 50 of 277 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960100150 ... LastLast

Thread: There's a New F1 in Town and Fort Has It First

Re: There's a New F1 in Town and Fort Has It First

Quote Originally Posted by bevorules View Post
    I actually am coming around to this and think that if this is true, Chantal might be glowing and happy because she is realizing that she needs time to heal from divorce and is better off on her own feet until Mr. Right came along. That is what Tenley did and Kiptyn is much better for her than Jake any day.

I love both girls in their own way and I haven't rooted all year. I like Chantal's courage and feistiness and I love Emily's diplomacy and gentle strength. I hate to see either of them hurt as the F2. But Either way, I think Brad's choice worked out best for all involved.
    Yes it always seems so sad for the f2...I don't like to see anyone get their heart hurt..

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    That's the big gamble. And the part I have a problem with. But, what are the odds? I mean, really?
    They are sickeningly bad.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Truelovealways View Post
    People said the same thing for Em that it is cruel of him to take Em to the f2 and keep her away from his daughter. We were made a laughing stock and said that someone HAS to be the F2 and that it is part of the show
    him taking Emily to F2 never really bothered me that much because of what I have seen on the screen...she has always seemed so distattached from him and not really showing any emotions..thats why I have said all season that I just didn't think she was into him..taking her to F2 would be taking someone who was not emotionally involved and therefor would not be as hurt whereas Chantel is very emotionally attached and he knows this...he should have let her go a long time ago knowing how she felt about him if she wasn't his F1
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

People said the same thing for Em that it is cruel of him to take Em to the f2 and keep her away from his daughter. We were made a laughing stock and said that someone HAS to be the F2 and that it is part of the show
    Just to point out, Emily has never asked him, that if he did not care for her, please send her home. Chantal did, at least twice. I think that there is a difference there. I totally agree with you that it is apart of the show, However she has begged him to let her go if he didn't care .....if he did pick Em and IF he did know early on... Then that is just mean.

Did I not pose this question way back, what if Brad doesn't choose Chantal, even after she has asked to be sent home. I knew then this was definitely going to happen.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by intheblind View Post
    As we so frequentley get told someone has to be F2. This discussion came up before about EM with the same reply. Once Michelle was gone the drama was gone & Michelle & Chantal have some of the same personality. Both tend to manipulate in my opinion. Chantal is a little sneakier with it.

Anyways once Michelle was gone drama had to continue to get to the end.

Brad has been a southern gentelmen to all the women NO exceptions.
    I don't agree, once the HTD's start there is no need for drama as the women do not interact. I guess you are saying Chantal and her outgoing personality was needed by the TPTB to keep some "pizzaz" in the show. Brad knew how emotionally invested Chantal was with him....he should have let her go since he knew "very early" who his love was....that would have been the "gentleman" thing to do!

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    him taking Emily to F2 never really bothered me that much because of what I have seen on the screen...she has always seemed so distattached from him and not really showing any emotions..thats why I have said all season that I just didn't think she was into him..taking her to F2 would be taking someone who was not emotionally involved and therefor would not be as hurt whereas Chantel is very emotionally attached and he knows this...he should have let her go a long time ago knowing how she felt about him if she wasn't his F1
    That's just it. Emily never said he shouldn't take her to the F2, she never asked to be let go . The fans thought it would be horrid for him to take her, given that she has a little daughter. On the other hand, Chantal herself ASKED to be let go, and she wasn't. Big difference. As has been said, we don't know for sure if Emily didn't ask to go, maybe they just didn't show it, but given what appears to be her distance and reserve, something tells me she wasn't feeling that way. Now, maybe that's because she knew in her heart that Brad was falling for her and she was falling for him, and was confident in a way that Chantal never was, and maybe that is the story here. I don't know. But if EMILY and not just her fans had asked to be let go and he still kept her, then as I said above I would be ticked off at him. Royally.

There are a few of us who like both girls. We may prefer one over the other as far as seeing their interaction with Brad, but we like both girls.

This is for those of you that still sound so horrified that a Mom would dare do this show..

I'm sure Ricki has plenty of people advocating for her. She has Grandparents that adore her an Aunt that thinks she is the greatest thing since sliced bread. And yes a Mom that loves her dearly. Please dont interject your fears for Ricki . I can see Emily spending as much time with "Mr Brad" as they can before moving Ricki after schools out. Emily can move into a house in Austin and Brad can keep his condo until the wedding... if it happens. No need to think that Emily will uproot her child as soon as the ATFR airs and move right in with him.. I think they will take it reasonably slow..

Again only my opinion if Brad chose Chantel I will be just as happy..

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    okay..here is the one and only major problem I have with him picking Emily...if he loves her GREAT and I hope she loves him as much...but Brad has been quoted saying he fell early and he fell hard....which brings us to Chantel..the girl begged him to let her go IF she was not the one because it was just to emotional for her to handle....he could have taken someone else to the F2 and let Chantel go a long time ago instead of leading her on and keeping her when she asked him to let her go if she wasn't gonna be his F1....sorry but that really TICKS me off

it ticks me off more that she went as far to tell him that she did love him and if he knew this and knew she wasn't going to be his final choice....THEN WHY KEEP HER...I don't think I will forgive you for that one Brad....and don't even say its because TPTB made him keep her...Brad showed us before that he is his own man and he would not allow Fleiss dictate to him what choices he should make.

where is Babyface...me and him had some really good verbal debates during Brad's first season...I think we need another one right now

It totttttallllly agree with you and said as much up thread.....I think it was plain cruel and shallow to do that!!!!! No excuse!

Quote Originally Posted by skitts View Post
    I don't agree, once the HTD's start there is no need for drama as the women do not interact. I guess you are saying Chantal and her outgoing personality was needed by the TPTB to keep some "pizzaz" in the show. Brad knew how emotionally invested Chantal was with him....he should have let her go since he knew "very early" who his love was....that would have been the "gentleman" thing to do!
    Given this season that most think is a bore you need drama. Its a old school love which means its all pretty boring to teh average viewer. Reserved people don't show a lot of affenctio & being shy just adds to not much contact. Doesn't mean its not real but watching it from a standpoint of usually seeing a jump your bones & major contact then Drama was needed this year..

Who is to say that no other women were not asking to go home? TPTB didn't show it but Just maybe ASHLEY asked Monday nite & Brad gave her her wish. It may have been a toss up with Chantal & ASH & he flipped the coin for lack of a better thought.

truth be told I actually think Chantal was scheduled to be F3
    Last edited by intheblind; 02-26-2011 at 09:42 PM.
    Pink padded cell inmate. Not known for dealing in Reality!! Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting!!! lol