Page 47 of 277 FirstFirst ... 37383940414243444546474849505152535455565797147 ... LastLast

Thread: There's a New F1 in Town and Fort Has It First

Re: There's a New F1 in Town and Fort Has It First

Quote Originally Posted by mnmhughes View Post
    Yes, we need to see something! And if they're going to wait this long to show a connection, then I will start watching only the FD, LCD, and FRC from now on. Why waste my time on the entire season?
    Well to be fair, the posters who have said it's Emily have stated that they see a connection.

I was at dinner with some girlfriends earlier, both were insistent on not knowing the spoilers (I said I'd been on the spoiler blog and knew what had come down). One said Emily and one said Chantal and I swear they each repeated almost verbatim what I've read on FORT.

The Emily girl said that Brad is a gentleman and seems so taken and in awe of her.

The Chantal girl said that Brad isn't "himself" around Emily and is much more relaxed and easy going around Chantal.

So maybe the edits this season have accomplished exactly what they intended to. Show two different sides of Brad and two different "stories" with two different ladies and kept the viewers guessing until the end.

Full disclosure - I thought it was Chantal until Antigua. I'm now on Team Coca!!! That's Chantal and Boca. A girl's best friend is always her dog

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz View Post
    I have a ph.D in that particular season, LOL, and it's funny I can't see it at all. I feel stupid, because I respect the hell out of you guys. I guess the common story you're seeing is that he's smitten, and she's unsure about the process of finding a husband on a TV Show?

I guess you all would agree that we'd need to see some direct (NOT in the moment's) interactions that were warm and fun and relaxed in the next episode, right? Or will we have to wait until finale night to see reciprocation and ease?
    Jlccaz, I know we've talked about this before, it's one of my fav. seasons as well and, sadly, I have a great memory when it comes to stupid, silly stuff like this (though I can forget where I put my car keys 5 minutes earlier-lol). If you have time (and the desire), there are still some episodes of that season up on youtube - if you search for Andy's cinderella date with Tessa, you will find that he says almost the exact same things that Brad said during Emily's Anguilla date. It was uncanny! I wrote them up in one of the threads a week or 2 ago.

I know some might disagree but we *have* seen warm and fun scenes between them - making Granny's mac & cheese and the deleted scene of 'being happy' were fun and showed a very relaxed relationship between them.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by intheblind View Post
    I have another thought here in that I think Blondie was given the information for a purpose & that is so people will sit & watch Emily & Brad's love story unfold. Many have deflected that since it was asked & are missing a great story.

It may not be a love story to you but its there love story. Hoops & hurdles as in any relationship. All your being asked is to watch it till the end.
    we all look at love very differently in our wants & needs as individuals & were not to say they don't have love there love.
    Pink padded cell inmate. Not known for dealing in Reality!! Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting!!! lol

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by mnmhughes View Post
    And for her to tell him, "Let's get married!" during their FD, and he still kept her! Even if she didn't say it at that time, he knew how invested she was. If his heart was going another direction, he should have cut her at F3. I think the same for Emily as well. I know everyone will say "he let the relationships run their course" but Ashley should have been in the F2, as I don't think she was as invested as Chantal and Emily.
    I for one am glad he let Shawntel go at F4....reading her interviews, etc....I think she really liked him...so glad "she was let go at F4".

Maybe Michelle (was that her name) was right when she said only 1 rose should have been given out at the RC and all the other 13 girls sent home...LOL (just kidding)

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    Actually, it's extremely, extremely simple - rewatch Andy's season and insert Emily into Tessa's role and Chantal into Bevin's. Andy's season was used as an example all season long as editing explanations but was ignored. If you do this, you will find that it all makes sense and Emily has been the F1 from very early on, just as Brad and Jason have said.
    Tessa/Andy was my first season watching the Bach. I found FORT because I wanted to know who was Andy's F1. I "saw" him absolutely smittened with Tessa very early on. And Tessa, while reluctant and uncomfortable with the process, was very into Andy. So far, I've not seen this between Brad and Emily. Not saying it's not there.

And I don't remember Bevin ever asking Andy to let her go, whereas Tessa did twice.

Seems like TPTB are combining edits from different seasons this time around.

No favorite for me as I liked all the F4.

So was Tessa. She had no use for PDA in front of cameras. But there was a very real and natural "I have so much fun with you" rapport. They cracked each other up, etc etc etc.

I look at it this way with Emily ... Brad cannot talk around her. With Ashley, Chantal and Shawntell, he seems fairly at ease (we're talking Brad here, so at ease is relative). With Emily, even though he is nervous, stuttering, a bumbling idiot if you will, Emily is the only one he acts this way with. His feelings are different for her than the rest. But, when he is able to get words out of his mouth, he is also fairly direct with her, constantly telling her how much he likes her, respects her, saying to her face he's said too much.

He is just so different with Emily than the rest. Is this what Brad looks like in love?

Glad to hear from you BG, and thank you so much for your confirmation. I was not Fleissed, (LOL) because I saw the Brad/Emily connection early on.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win View Post
    I look at it this way with Emily ... Brad cannot talk around her. With Ashley, Chantal and Shawntell, he seems fairly at ease (we're talking Brad here, so at ease is relative). With Emily, even though he is nervous, stuttering, a bumbling idiot if you will, Emily is the only one he acts this way with. His feelings are different for her than the rest. But, when he is able to get words out of his mouth, he is also fairly direct with her, constantly telling her how much he likes her, respects her, saying to her face he's said too much.

He is just so different with Emily than the rest. Is this what Brad looks like in love?
    Must be! When you really think about it, he looked/s more connected to Chantal, Shawntell, Ashley, even Michelle if you go by "comfortableness" and affection. Maybe we will see more natural chemistry now that Emily seems to "have fallen in love" after seeing his time with Ricki. Hope so!
    I feel so bad for Chantal. It is going to be so hard to watch her at the frc.

I have a ph.D in that particular season, LOL, and it's funny I can't see it at all. I feel stupid, because I respect the hell out of you guys. I guess the common story you're seeing is that he's smitten, and she's unsure about the process of finding a husband on a TV Show?

I guess you all would agree that we'd need to see some direct (NOT in the moment's) interactions that were warm and fun and relaxed in the next episode, right? Or will we have to wait until finale night to see reciprocation and ease?
    Well don't feel stupid...Its just seems like its that type of romance..I do agree with you that Brad does seem VERY nervous around Emily..And he does seem to be in the moment with Chantal having fun and enjoying the experience..
    But again I think we can't be 100% sure either one is F1..
    But I always thought Emily was Brad chosen..But IF not than I will fee stupid..

Quote Originally Posted by carriealexander View Post
    ITA I'm even more confused now. I want Chantal to be F1 but I don't want Emily to be hurt. I want Emily to br F1 but I definitely don't want Chantal to be hurt either. But if the Laurel crap it true I don't want either to be with Brad.
    IA with everything you posted except I prefer Emily over Chantal, but they are both great gals and I don't want either of them to get hurt either. I would be totally *issed if that happened. I have to admit that the Laurel business concerns me greatly and if there is indeed a F1, she could get hurt in the crossfire. I definitely do not want him to bring Em to F1 and dump her after what she has been through, not that I want Chantal hurt either. Brad says there is a happy ending this time and if he has lied, he is toast. If Brad is truly happy with one of these girls, then more power to him. I am certainly not going to be mad if he chooses Chantal though.

I agreed with Bloomers the other day and posted as much, this seasons' edit has been crazy. It has made no sense to me. I could clearly see his connection with Chantal and the fun and ease they enjoyed with each other, but I could also see how ga-ga he seemed to be over Emily. So nervous that he couldn't string 2 sentences together, but he got up the nerve to tell her how he was feeling "I'm falling for you and I hope you feel the same" & "I care for you more that I probably should say right now", etc. Go figure! However, in the outtakes, I could see him & Em having perfectly natural conversations in her kitchen, or as natural as a new couple could have.