Thread: There's a New F1 in Town and Fort Has It First

FORT Newbie

Re: There's a New F1 in Town and Fort Has It First

So I'm not really sure where this goes but was the ATFR taping tonight? Do we ever get spoilers after the taping? Sorry, I'm kind of new to this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by onlyme View Post
    I'll have to jump in here even though I haven't been reading much on the boards lately. I also share your same feelings about Chantal and Reid is not only my ultimate F1, he is my ultimate everything...can we be triplets?
    Oh, you bet we can!

Quote Originally Posted by emilymelfan View Post
    So I'm not really sure where this goes but was the ATFR taping tonight? Do we ever get spoilers after the taping? Sorry, I'm kind of new to this stuff.
    Yes it is taping tonight, as of a couple hours ago they had not finished taping (thanks BFC for the update )

Quote Originally Posted by carriealexander View Post
    Yes it is taping tonight, as of a couple hours ago they had not finished taping (thanks BFC for the update )

I haven't seen an ATFR episode in SO long, what do they normally do other than talk to the new couple?
    Go wherever you go...... WITH ALL YOUR HEART

I'm ready for the bach'ette Ash, now. My son is going to kill me if he lands on FORT these days seeing my new avatar

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by carriealexander View Post
    Thank you! Is it possible to get spoilers about the F1 after the taping?

Quote Originally Posted by mprssdbyu View Post
    I haven't seen an ATFR episode in SO long, what do they normally do other than talk to the new couple?
    Lead and F2 hash it out. This time, the franchise's other couples will also be making an appearance.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by framikmin View Post
    My point is that Brad was supposedly true to himself the first go around and did the noble thing. So given he was in love early and hard (his words not mine) why couldn't he do the same thing here.

If the Bachelor is being just a show it would then reflect the SHOW itself is paramount and not the people this go around. So why are we all rooting for either F1 or F2? It can't be both. I'm just wondering when it's a show and when it's the people.

Bold 1st.--Big difference between last time and this time, it was 'easy' for Brad to be noble last time because he didn't fall in love with anyone so he dumped them all. Plain and simple. And even then as 'noble' as he tried to be or people viewed him, he still had to do the job and lead on all the girls even in moderate ways, especially the F4 or so from the minute he knew he wasn't choosing anyone. He still was obligated do his job and make the show. Even if his noble version of making the show was going no further than what his contract couldn't force him to do, which was choose someone. This time he did fall in love and find someone and being noble while an ideal thing is much harder to do. It ends up being the best percentage of nobility you can get, while still getting the chance with your mate and not breaking your contract. Plus, being noble doesn't mean no one gets hurt. Plenty of people got hurt when Brad was "noble" last season. It would be lovely if everything was so cut & dried, black & white, but it's not.

Bold 2nd.--If the show is about the people, and not the show, than it's not the leads concern to care about who viewers root for within the F2 or any of the 25-30 contestants. It would only be about them doing what they need to do to find, get to know, and pursue whichever contestant is the one they can see as their mate. If the show was just about the SHOW than we would have nothing but an entire cast of actors to put out the most entertaining product instead of the handful of ones we do have. If it was just about the SHOW there would be nothing but the Melissa's , Raiuchel's, Michelle's, crazy Jane's to provide entertainment with 1 actress poised to be the next lead to perfect the entertainment product. No need for contestants or anything conducive to cultivating a relationship cause it's just about the show.

You wonder when it's the show or the people? It will ALWAYS be both. This is no free ride. TPTB didn't just create this show and pile on pounds of money for lovely people to find love and viewers to get to see a love story with their favorite contestant and get nothing out of it. There is a cost for those participating and viewing. People are forgetting what this show is about and has always been. It's not a soap opera with fictional characters embroiled in a love story for viewers to watch and not feel guilt or hurt because the characters aren't real. It's not some reality show like a wedding story or a love story, purely documenting people's love story either. It's not some show where: you get to watch clips of the contestants; pick whose personality you like best as your favorite F1; plug their name into your computer; sit back and watch the lead have a love story with your chosen F1; and dump the contestant you decided from clips is less invested. This show from the outset was and has always been a contest of who will win the lead's heart with TPTB documenting it. The ultimate goal has always been to create a show that gets ratings first and to have the side benefit of creating lasting couples second. And the side benefit, mainly because it allows for higher ratings for future seasons and continued longevity of the show. It's about real people in the petri dish and microcosym of an intense competitive environment based on love and documented for entertainment value.

You ask why should we root for F1 or F2? You root for your favorite on the off chance they win and there is a chance a real love story was able to develop within the microcosym. You root for entertainment value. You root for the same reason you watch a football game on the off chance your team wins. In truth your rooting for that special chance that is Trista/Ryan & ALi & Roberto to happen, because majority of the time things won't last 2 minutes after cameras stop filming. If the original premise of the show, which i've mentioned above, that comprises BOTH the show & the people is unappealing, then that would be the cue to decide whether to root or watch the show at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna View Post
    I think Ali is retconning big time because she was all over Frank and he was her type, but of course she would never admit to anything about that.

Anyway, I don't think anyone wants the leads to be torn. They just want the lead to "suffer" while letting the other person go and not have it be "easy." At least, that's what the crux of it is to me.

Interesting so people want the lead to fake "suffer" and pretend to "act" torn over their decision of who they love? They want them to lie or pretend about how they actually fell in love so the viewers and the F2 can feel better about how the show ends and they can feel like the lead has character, nobility & feelings? People get upset year after year about the fake promos and setups that have people crying over balconies over how torn they are between the F2 choice. People scolded Andy & Jake for saying they were loved multiple women and then proposing to their F1. People are concerned about people lying, being fake, leading people on, and acting on the show. However, if the lead actually falls for just one woman that's the exception where the viewers want him to lie about it and act/pretend like he suffered so much and was torn over the decision. Interesting...........

Last I checked, no one has seen how Brad reacted with the F2 when she was let go back in November or at the ATFR tonight. Being enormously happy and in love with the F1 and having compassion, feeling and caring for the F2 being dumped are not mutually exclusive. It also doesn't require gnashing your teeth in angst and sadness every time Brad talks about how the love for his F1 developed.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    I have been saying from the get go that both of the F2 were great ladies to choose from that he was one of the few that had a win/win situation....Chantel is my favorite but I can live with that he fell in love with Emily...but when his friend made his comment yesterday about how it wasn't a choice at all...I felt like he was telling Chantel (since we knows she reads the boards) you don't matter...your feelings aren't important and here ..let me just rub your nose in it a bit more..and that really turned me off

First, I don't think BabyfaceC was keenly aware that Chantal would read his post. He was here first and has been here since before Brad's last season started 3 years ago. He has been contributing inside info as he pops in and his schedule and confidentiality allows. He was simply trying to clarify some misconceptions about what would happen in the finale do to rampant crazy speculation on a shocking ending or happenings FRC day. It wasn't about Chantal, just as everything is not about Chantal. Especially since BabyfaceC, in that specific post and others, has never specified who Brad's F1 & F2 are. It's wasn't him coming to talk to or about Chantal specifically and rub her nose in it.

Second, he never said or implied that Chantal didn't matter, her feelings weren't important, or that he wanted to rub Chantal's nose in it. His info was not malicious in anyway as Brad's friend or from Brad himself to anyone, much less Chantal. Particularly since his post, and he himself has never akcnowledge or stated who the F1/F2 are. It was merely a factual accounting and clarification for the members of the board on how the FRC would go down and reiterating, not even newly stating, how Brad fell in love. He didn't say that Brad had no feelings at all or didn't care for his F2 or Chantal. He simply said Brad fell in love with 1 woman, his F1. He didn't fall in love with 2 women or somewhat fall in love with 1 and fall deeply in love with the other. He fell in love with 1 woman completely only. That didn't mean he didn't care at all for his f2. It simply meant no matter how things were previewed or promoted it was a normal FRC with no switch up and no false angst over which girl he loved. He fell in love with one woman, period.

This isn't something new to Chantal, or whoever his F2 is. This is something that Brad most likely told his F2 on some level at the FRC in NOV. and has been telling in every interview since. The fact that this is on a mentioned by BFC a week before the tv 'humiliation' of the finale happens, if that's what the actual person this happened to views it as, is also not malicious. Because as he has done from the beginning, Brad himself will be reiterating on every public interview ramped up to promote the finale this week. It's his job to tell the story of how he fell in love, his wish, and his right to rejoice in that story. He has the right to be happy about finding love after never thinking he might. Brad dealt with the emotions of his F2 back in November even if we have not yet seen it, the F2 was there. Tonight he will deal with any residual concerns of of the F2 even if we've yet to see it. He's had to hold the majority of his love story in for the sake of the show. Which in itself is a sacrifice, that gave the F2 time to heal in private before everyone knew, while everyone viewed the F2 love story. It's now his turn and that of his F1 to be able to be free with how they felt and their true love story.

Last edited by nikkij_26; 03-09-2011 at 12:38 AM.

AFRC might be done taping Ali tweeted that she is out to sushi with Jason,Molly and Roberto
    "People throw rocks at things that shine and life makes love look hard but my choice is you" -Bremily

Quote Originally Posted by Truelovealways View Post
    AFRC might be done taping Ali tweeted that she is out to sushi with Jason,Molly and Roberto
    Bring on the info! (or lack there of) So much for early bed time tongiht.