Thread: There's a New F1 in Town and Fort Has It First

Re: There's a New F1 in Town and Fort Has It First

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    I have been saying from the get go that both of the F2 were great ladies to choose from that he was one of the few that had a win/win situation....Chantel is my favorite but I can live with that he fell in love with Emily...but when his friend made his comment yesterday about how it wasn't a choice at all...I felt like he was telling Chantel (since we knows she reads the boards) you don't matter...your feelings aren't important and here ..let me just rub your nose in it a bit more..and that really turned me off
    Here's what I don't understand. Chantal told Brad before anyone else that she was in love with him. She had asked him to send her home if he couldn't pick her over 3 other girls. So if he was so into Emily, why didn't he? There were other girls that he could have kept knowing that Chantal was so invested.

But, when Shawntel brought up falling in love with him, he sent her home. He told her something like he couldn't keep her knowing that he didn't share the same feelings.

Did he really want to punish Chantal for some reason? I don't get it! BTW, I do wish Brad and Emily the best!
    Last edited by RacingGirl; 03-08-2011 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RacingGirl View Post
    Here's what I don't understand. Chantal told Brad before anyone else that she was in love with him. She had asked him to send her home if he couldn't pick her over 3 other girls. So if he was so into Emily, why didn't he? There were other girls that he could have kept knowing that Chantal was so invested.

But, when Shawntel brought up falling in love with him, he sent her home. He told her something like he couldn't keep her knowing that he didn't share the same feelings. :shurg

Did he really want to punish Chantal for some reason? I don't get it! BTW, I do wish Brad and Emily the best!
    That's what we've all been trying to figure out. I don't get it either.

Quote Originally Posted by Liseemarie View Post
    I've never posted to this website (or any other site about a TV show), so not even sure I'm doing this right!

I have casually watched this show off an on for several years - but for some reason have been TOTALLY into this season. I've read all of the spoilers, watched the episodes and just recently watched the deleted scenes. I had a hard time believing the original RS spoiler, but didn't really care who ended up as the F1. I started reading this site - and have to admit I got caught up in all of the back and forth. I've even been convinced that because it's been so obvious that it's now Emily (with new spoiler), then it must be Chantal...and vise-versa. When I read Babyface's comment about "Love is in the Air" (I think that's the friend of Brad's?) it made me think of the comment that Brad made at the end of the Deleted Scene of the Elephant Date with Emily...they are talking about the elephants "getting on it" and he said "There's a lot of love in the air".

Maybe I'm late to the party and everyone already figured that out and discounted it...but unless it's yet another misdirection, that feels like a strong clue.

Then again - what do I know...and I should really be getting my work done!

No, you could be in the right track but 'love in the air' can mean SO MUCH especially concerning Brad & Emily. There's their kite flying on their vineyard date (deleted scene), Brad giving little Ricki a butterfly kite during the hometown date, and now your theory on his comment during the elephant deleted scene (which still gives me the giggle every time I watch it).

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by maryhse View Post
    Not trying to speak for anyone else, but I think most people's reservations have to do with the fact that it's not the norm for acquiring a step-parent. It's different from meeting someone, one on one, spending time, even a couple of months, getting to know them exclusively, not having to deal with being "secret", not watching your man/woman macking on other people on TV, and not being hundreds of miles away while all this goes on. I'm sure short courtships work for some couples in the "real" world and I'm sure some don't. I think the difference is the whole "bachelor bubble", which they still have another week to live in. I think that is the difference. It's not saying they are less sincere at the time in the bubble, but the true test of a lasting relationship will come once the bubble bursts. There really isn't a good percentage for it to work. It could last, who knows. I think the chances it will are slim. I wish them the best, but it will be tricky for a lot of reasons, not only now, but down the road a couple of years. They have a lot to overcome, and love isn't always conclusive to a happy ending. I do wish them the best and hope it can work because I am a Ricki fan, these adults can ride the roller coaster but give Ricki a little time before putting her on it.

(I mean all of that in the nicest possible way)

Was there this much uproar when Jason M. was a single parent looking for a wife? (asking sincerely because I wasn't on the board during his season)

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    I have been saying from the get go that both of the F2 were great ladies to choose from that he was one of the few that had a win/win situation....Chantel is my favorite but I can live with that he fell in love with Emily...but when his friend made his comment yesterday about how it wasn't a choice at all...I felt like he was telling Chantel (since we knows she reads the boards) you don't matter...your feelings aren't important and here ..let me just rub your nose in it a bit more..and that really turned me off
    does someone have the link to Brad's friend's post? Or his screen name?

thanks everyone.

FORT Fan

But, when Shawntel brought up falling in love with him, he sent her home. He told her something like he couldn't keep her knowing that he didn't share the same feelings. :shurg

RE Bold: I can only speculate, but he knew he what he was feeling for Emily, but didn't know what she was feeling for him. That being said, he probably felt more for Chantal than many of the other girls there. In all fairness Chantal didn't say "if you feel ABSOLUTELY NOTHING" for me, send me home." He did have feelings for her. But that doesn't mean he loved her.

Quote Originally Posted by DeAnna fan View Post
    That's what we've all been trying to figure out. I don't get it either.
    Brad had answered this question numerous times in his interviews prior to the show and after the taping of the show. Before the show, he promised himself to not hold back and completely open up to every possible relationship. After the show, he again said the same thing. He said even though he knew early on whom he was falling for, he wanted to be fair to himself and to the other women by giving them a fair chance and exploring every possible relationship which makes PERFECT sense to me.

I don't know why some are having a hard time with it. By exploring every possible relationship, he would then know he has no regrets and I think by doing so, it only proves to us that he is trying to be genuine to each women. But someone would still be F2 in the end.

What does matter is that he DOES find love again and that they're happily in love.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna View Post
    He said he's going to be married by this time next year.

They asked him about being engaged and he said he can't say whether or not he is engaged so then they asked him could he see himself be married by next year and he replied, "Yes."

I sorta understand him keeping Chantal in Costa Rica - after all, Britt and Michelle and Alli need to go first - can you imagine the uproar if Michelle'd lasted past Chantal?? Brad would've been villified, and this is his season of redemption after all.

Also, maybe TPTB had a hand in him keeping her that far - she's beautiful, manipulateable, cries easily, well spoken... just approachable and fun and all around relateable (as evidenced by half of us girlcrushing majorly on her )

I can excuse MAYBE Chantal making F3 for the same reasons, plus Shawntel's still embroiled in her family issues and she has fallen for Brad so he's letting her go. What I don't understand at this point is keeping her beyond F3. If Ashley's totally checked out... he KNOWS he's not hurting her. But Chantal's already said ILY so that's the one elimination that I fault Brad for not manning up and letting Chantal go. JM2C
    TEAM CHANTAL //BOCA FOR BACHELOR

Quote Originally Posted by DramaQueen48 View Post
    does someone have the link to Brad's friend's post? Or his screen name?

thanks everyone.
    i pm'd you some info
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!