Thread: There's a New F1 in Town and Fort Has It First

FORT Regular

Re: There's a New F1 in Town and Fort Has It First

Quote Originally Posted by hooked4 View Post
    We are on a spoiler board!! A friend of Brad's comes on here knowing (okay, assuming) that we all are here for the inside scoop! So he tells it like it is, as it seems we are here for just that, and now everyone is mad that he is giving us inside scoop because we don't like what he says?!?! Color me confused!!
    Ditto! And what exactly did he say? I tried to search but couldn't come up with anything. Did he actually say Emily is F1 and Brad just led Chantal on?

I have a problem with the behind the scene manipulations that we have been told about - think they are cruel. I don't like the way they edit people to make them seem cruel,mean,saintly,virginal,sl utty or whatever else they want according to their script. But, the premise of the show - 1 lead, 25 contenders (so to speak) it gets narrowed down week by week is something that a lot of people obviously like or the show would not have lasted as long as it has. The very premise of the show means we (the viewers) usually find someone we want to be the F1 and we are either overjoyed when that person is the F1 or disappointed when they are not. That said - I think it is hard for anyone to be the lead because they are scrutinized by everyone from the tabloids, viewers and people on fan sites.
    "It's just a show" - let's try not to trash people - tptb do that very well all on their own they don't need our help!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    Right Brad has, and now we have Babyface plastering it all over the board - doesn't that make anyone else suspicious. It's fine for Brad to say it, it actually sounds nice - but to have it rammed down our throats via his business partner, it makes me very suspicous.

Everytime I get suspicious or doubt that Brad chooses Emily, all I have to do is go back and watch ANY of their time together on an episode and I can honestly say that the emotions on the screen don't lie. To me, the love story, while admittedly edited, is right there.

Maybe they could change the name of this show to The Bachelor: Deal or No Deal That way, there would always be that factor thrown in on top of wondering which bachelorette it would be you could also wonder if the guy would just walk. Now that might be kinda fun.

Quote Originally Posted by framikmin View Post
    My point is that Brad was supposedly true to himself the first go around and did the noble thing. So given he was in love early and hard (his words not mine) why couldn't he do the same thing here. If the Bachelor is being just a show it would then reflect the SHOW itself is paramount and not the people this go around. So why are we all rooting for either F1 or F2? It can't be both. I'm just wondering when it's a show and when it's the people.
    Not sure I understand. Are you suggesting that Brad walked away the first time doing the noble thing and now because he knew early on who the F1 was, he should have walked away?
    1) There would be no show then
    2) The premise is; he has 25 (30) ladies who he eventually through a series of eliminations over several weeks comes down to a choice between the F1 and the F2. If the premise fails to complete to the end there is no SHOW.
    I know I'm in my own little world, but it's OK. They know me here.

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV View Post
    The people on the show will be allowed to do what brings the drama and hooks the viewers. I wouldn't describe Brad as "noble." I'd describe him as "loyal." To the agreement he made with his employer.

The quibble should be more with the premise of the show and with everyone on it than with any individual cast member.
    Thank you!
    We get a cast of different characters each season. We don't know how willing this cast was to go along with suggestions made to them by TPTB(see how nicely I avoid anything suggesting scripting--we certainly don't need to discuss this again).
    I think Brad did have quite a bit of latitude this season. Perhaps because it was his second time on the merry-go-round or perhaps because he did fall in love early thus guarenteeing a successful season for MF.
    But Brad can't control editing. Brad can't control the rest of the cast or how they allowed or were coerced into being manipulted.
    This show is a well oiled machine. Brad can't get credit for anything except being Brad.
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Bonbonlover View Post
    It's funny how the tide turns when the spoilers changed... It was okay that Brad fell hard early on because some saw "it" happening with Chantal. He was a kind guy who tried not to hurt anyone... As soon as the spoilers changed, Brad became a male chauvinist who can't talk and is without feeling or emotion.
    Yes, that's exactly what I saw happening as well. Brad is still a kind man that tries hard not to hurt anyone in this crazy reality dating scenario. He's done a much better job than many that came before him. Even when Chantal was the anointed one, I still felt Brad was a good guy doing his best to treat each contestant with respect. If it turns out that Chantal is indeed the F1, I'll still feel the same way about Brad.

I hope I see a happy ending to the love story I have watched unfold with Brad and Emily.

The truth of the matter is that I usually don't like the leads at this stage of the game regardless of who they choose. I understand why they have to say and do what they do, but I don't like it. I usually find myself feeling more sorry for the F2 than happiness for the F1. Then I ask myself why I watch this show to begin with.... and then come back the next season and repeat the cycle over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Truelovealways View Post
    Me too he has become my fave bachelor. He has been the most honest with all the woman and this is by far my fave season. I have loved watching the love story unfold this summer. It is (imo) the best love story ever on this show
    Truelove, this season for me is right up there with Andy/Tessa. My hope is that Brad/Emily last longer than they did!

I realize that in both of my favorite seasons, the Bachelor has been the one pursuing his woman, while she has been more quiet and reserved. This is interesting because that is the total opposite of what I am! Things that make you go hmmmm....

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by hooked4 View Post
    We are on a spoiler board!! A friend of Brad's comes on here knowing (okay, assuming) that we all are here for the inside scoop! So he tells it like it is, as it seems we are here for just that, and now everyone is mad that he is giving us inside scoop because we don't like what he says?!?! Color me confused!!
    Yes this is a spoiler board and we all love to sleuth and weigh all the spoilers to hopefully put the pieces of the puzzle together..Having said that I don't think BFC has said who the f1 is..Has he? I don't think he has ever said Chantal is f1 or Emily is f1..If so I have missed that post..