Thread: There's a New F1 in Town and Fort Has It First

FORT Fogey
    Canada's High Arctic, on the Arctic Ocean

Re: There's a New F1 in Town and Fort Has It First

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    Of course they can. Even well-behaved ones.

Consider Brad's well-structured life. Immaculately clean loft apt, two hours set aside every day to work out, meal plan regimented to compliment his training schedule, creates his own work schedule because he's the owner -- nobody to tell him what or when. He knows what his day will be like from one day to the next. Heck, from one week to the next. He's in control of his time and his life.

Enter 5 year old. Suddenly, his time is no longer his own. He's 'on call' 24/7. Illnesses, carpools, sleepovers, weird stuff in his fridge, daily messes, broken stuff in his home, homework, recitals, games, doctor appts, girly pink stuff everywhere, the list is endless. And that's assuming he's only being backup and Emily is the primary caregiver. It's still a world of chaos to a 38 year old bachelor.

He'll make the valiant effort, maybe more than you might even expect because he's really invested in the relationship, really wants it to work. But eventually, one dark day when nothing goes right, which Brad will show up in Ricki's life? The one he's pretending to be on the show? Or the one Laurel describes, and Ashley confronted at F3?

Brad hasn't had nearly enough therapy
    Excellent post!!!! And my fears and thoughts exactly,,,,,which Brad will show up???? He can flip that switch so easily.

ETA...yes Alanna...Brad reminds me so much of Jake as well. It all scares me. Thanks
    Karey

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Truelovealways View Post
    Im a little afraid for Brad. Chantal was compleatly psycho on the SI photo shoot date when he couldn't pick her out "of three girls" and didn't get the rose. I don't even want to know how she will act when she gets none. She might be worse than Hillary when Brad let her go .
    I didn't see her as going all psycho, but she certainly lets her emotions get the best of her.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    Tara made some remark to Jesse about how he "should feel after what we did last night."

Kelly Jo and Blob were standing with the water as a backdrop, and he was trying hard to hold her hand. I thought she was going to push him into the water!

see..thats what I want to see..one of these women truly ticked off and blisters him
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by hooked4 View Post
    NO WAY Chantal is going to the FRC podium. Not a chance! I know what RS said (hahaha), but it's just not going to happen! He will let her go prior!
    Considering how he handled Ashley...I agree...Brad will say his goodbyes in a quiet way..without embarrassment...

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna View Post
    I very rarely work or hang out with kids but I'm guessing they're emotional, yes? I hope Brad knows what he's in for...
    Let's just say there is never a dull moment!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna View Post
    More and more he reminds me of Jake. It's eerie.
    Ewwwwwwwwww I don't think Brad is like Jake at all, now way! Brad certainly has his issues, but I don't think he and Jake are in the same boat so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by megan31917 View Post
    I only watched the show online...in one big marathon...and watching that way clearly shows Chantal as a mean girl. Whatever she thinks or does is OK...but she usually has something bad to say if another girl does the same. That SI date was a mess...and she made it a mess. Every time the date letter arrived she would make a snide comment about the word 'love' not being in it if the date wasn't for her. If they choose her for the next B'ette I wouldn't be able to watch her.

Also...you could see the love story between Brad & Emily as clear as day.
    As clear as day.

Quote Originally Posted by dcowen6 View Post
    Considering how he handled Ashley...I agree...Brad will say his goodbyes in a quiet way..without embarrassment...
    I feel the same way. Brad has taken several hits to his ego, and I feel he wants to fall in love. That said, Emily is his perfect match. IT is just so obvious how he feels about her.
    I feel sorry For Chantal. But in my opinion, her emotions are all over the place and the last thing Brad needs is a woman who is in the same place he was in a few seasons ago.
    Personally I am excited to see He and Emily and Ricky go foward.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Meatball View Post
    I feel the same way. Brad has taken several hits to his ego, and I feel he wants to fall in love. That said, Emily is his perfect match. IT is just so obvious how he feels about her.
    I feel sorry For Chantal. But in my opinion, her emotions are all over the place and the last thing Brad needs is a woman who is in the same place he was in a few seasons ago.
    I think Brad is "ready" for the next stage of his life...will it be a change...heck yeah- but I think he's willing and ready for this change. I honestly don't think he has "that many issues".

I don't think he's that "closed off" emotionally...he reminds me a lot of my hubby in how he deals with his emotions....I've learned to let him process "stuff" in his own way/own time...not mine.

Don't think he's that much "of a control freak" either. I think it's good that he likes to live in a disciplined manner that includes structure, routine, and self control. (works for me)

Emily seems to be a very level headed woman.....I can't wait for her to be able to "be with her man" in public...I think she's just as "smitten" with Brad as he is with her.

Will Emily and Brad make it "for the long haul"....maybe..maybe not; they have just as good of a chance as the rest of the population.

My prayer for Brad and Emily is this- wisdom, grace and favor from above...(same prayer for myself and others)

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Meatball View Post
    Great post Meatball - which coincidentally is also one half of my favorite Italian dish!