Thread: There's a New F1 in Town and Fort Has It First

Re: There's a New F1 in Town and Fort Has It First

Quote Originally Posted by Truelovealways View Post
    Nope she hasn't wore the ring since Costa Rica. The Nascar date is the last time we saw the ring
    maybe she will just put it in a safe place and give it to Rikki when she is older
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    Right - but why say it - whether he meant that before their FD he was considering bringing her to F2, until the date went wrong, or if it was earlier on in the season, does it really matter? We know that the F4 sometimes get mixed up from it's original formation due to circumstances. I think Amanda would've gone to F2 if Chelsea hadn't turned Matt on, but he didn't say it. This is only the second time (that I remember) hearing a lead indicate that someone should've stayed and the assumption is that the next person exiting should've been the one leaving.

I guess what bugs me is if I were Chantal, that's the way I would've interpreted it, imagine hearing that on Monday night for the first time......
    My guess is he was prompted by the producers to talk about Ashley, possibly by even asking a very leading question to generate that exact answer. Brad has always been unfailingly polite in his comments, and appears to never want to say a bad thing about any of the ladies (fear of being bashed again by the fans?), so I wouldn't necessarily read that much into this statement. (That's one of the reasons I personally find him so boring.) That said, I do think he may have considered sending Chantal home at F3, because he knew that he was going to pick Emily by then (especially after Emily told him she was falling in love with him), and continuing with Chantal, who he had real sexual chemistry with, would feel too much like "cheating"; however, when "buddy" Ashley screwed up her lines, or should I say, made it clear on their date that she was nowhere near ready to even consider a proposal from him, the possibility of that changed. Brad has throughout been very concious of doing what the producers suggest he do (on the few occasions when he has "broken the rules" slightly, he acts as if his actions may bring down the whole show, even though in reality, it has been no big deal), so I'm sure they mutually agreed that there was no way of keeping Ashley around after that horrendous date that even editing couldn't present in a positive light. Let's face it, a F2 of Emily and Ashley would have minimal suspense.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    Here are some of my thoughts after reading all of your excellent posts. I am going to try to be concise.

(1) Ashley: I personally never saw a great connection between her and Brad. So, I am baffled by what Brad said at the end. I seem to remember Ashley's brother asking her at the HTD what she would do IF Brad proposed to her at the FRC, and she said that she would have to say that they needed to get to know each other better before she could take that kind of step. Her brother said "Good answer".

I believe that once Ashley made it to the F3, she knew that she could not accept a proposal from Brad and wanted him to send her home....she just wasn't that into him. Perhaps her handler was trying to convince her to also tell Brad that she was falling in love with him, but Ashley just couldn't and wouldn't. I think that Ashley had checked out and was feeling the pressure from the producers to say ILY. She refused. Maybe the plan was to let Chantal go at the F3 since she had asked Brad to not take her to the end if he wasn't feeling it. Then Ashley messed up that plan. Who knows?

(2) Chantal: I agree that Brad liked a lot of things about her - personality traits that he himself wishes he possessed - like spontaneity. He even told her that, but I agree that he was afraid that she could or would end up bringing chaos into his orderly world. Maybe Chantal went into this thinking that she wouldn't fall for Brad - would just have some fun along the way - and that she would even have a chance at being the next Bachelorette. But she got caught up in the "bubble", and things changed for her. IDK.

(3) Emily: I haven't seen enough of Emily to say much other than I think that she probably "fits" better into Brad's life - according to her edit. Sometimes opposites do attract, but there are many good marriages that have two people in them that are very similiar in personalities. This doesn't have to mean that those two have to live a boring life together. Not everyone has to have all those "adrenaline" type of adventures to have fun in their lives. For some it only requires the simplier things in life - like spending time with family in just ordinary settings. Some of my most cherished memories of raising my son are some of the most mundane yet precious moments of watching him grow up. To each his own.
    I transferred and answered part of this post in the Edit Thread.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Noobslueth View Post
    I agree 100%

Ashley was never going to marry Brad... he finally realized it she finally realized it and he sent her packing.

Chantal's incredible personality is not Brad specific. When I say this I mean I think she can bring out the fun side of just about anyone. I think she is emotionally open. I think she is totally in the bubble and would have "fallen for" other Bachelors had she been on their season. I'm telling ya she is ALI and JILLIAN to a tee. Both of these thought they "loved" their Bachelor and wound up finding someone way more suited to them (Jillian's choice is questionable to some).

If Brad and EMily make it... their life will be anything but boring. If we think Brad is awkward now just wait until little Ricki isn't so little anymore and she's asking him about training bras, menstrual cycles, and sex. Poor guy is going to hyperventilate I feel.
    "Go ask your Mother," said in an even tone - lived with it all my growing up years.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 03-02-2011 at 09:57 PM.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BachfanNY View Post
    That's the same impression i got.

Brad and Ashley's first date went so well that he really thought at that moment that she would be in his F2. But throughout the process her edit pointed to her leaving before.

Brad tends to, or maybe its the way he has been edited, to sound as if he's still feeling the way he felt months ago, eventhough things have clearly changed...just one more thing about him i don't get.
    The editing happens after the fact - so in real time, Ashley was always his intended F2. However, after the FRC when the editors got their hands on all the film and knowing she left at F3, she was edited as such and Chantal was given a bigger profile.

We heard from his own words that Ashley was going to be F2, just like Ali said she thought Frank would be meeting her family (she admitted to this after the show wrapped). Chantal was supposed to be F3.

Going with that, a lot has been said about why Brad would keep her when she asked to be let go, etc., etc. - well, that choice was essentially taken out of his hands. How could he possibly have kept Ashley after her video message to him? I think he did the best that he could do, given the situation he was put in - just like Ali with Chris. And, I know, Ali got skewered for it so I don't expect any different for Brad.

Personally, I don't know if it'd be *that* fun to be the Bachelor/ette...well, except maybe for the wardrobe and the traveling.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    Here are some of my thoughts after reading all of your excellent posts. I am going to try to be concise.

(1) Ashley: I personally never saw a great connection between her and Brad. So, I am baffled by what Brad said at the end. I seem to remember Ashley's brother asking her at the HTD what she would do IF Brad proposed to her at the FRC, and she said that she would have to say that they needed to get to know each other better before she could take that kind of step. Her brother said "Good answer".

I believe that once Ashley made it to the F3, she knew that she could not accept a proposal from Brad and wanted him to send her home....she just wasn't that into him. Perhaps her handler was trying to convince her to also tell Brad that she was falling in love with him, but Ashley just couldn't and wouldn't. I think that Ashley had checked out and was feeling the pressure from the producers to say ILY. She refused. Maybe the plan was to let Chantal go at the F3 since she had asked Brad to not take her to the end if he wasn't feeling it. Then Ashley messed up that plan. Who knows?

(2) Chantal: I agree that Brad liked a lot of things about her - personality traits that he himself wishes he possessed - like spontaneity. He even told her that, but I agree that he was afraid that she could or would end up bringing chaos into his orderly world. Maybe Chantal went into this thinking that she wouldn't fall for Brad - would just have some fun along the way - and that she would even have a chance at being the next Bachelorette. But she got caught up in the "bubble", and things changed for her. IDK.

(3) Emily: I haven't seen enough of Emily to say much other than I think that she probably "fits" better into Brad's life - according to her edit. Sometimes opposites do attract, but there are many good marriages that have two people in them that are very similiar in personalities. This doesn't have to mean that those two have to live a boring life together. Not everyone has to have all those "adrenaline" type of adventures to have fun in their lives. For some it only requires the simplier things in life - like spending time with family in just ordinary settings. Some of my most cherished memories of raising my son are some of the most mundane yet precious moments of watching him grow up. To each his own.

One can have a wonderful, witty personality and not enjoy adreline adventures, and vica versa. I had a friend that was sooooo boring and he loved hang gliding and parachuting.

I can't blame Brad for not wanting to be with someone that has so many highs and lows within a matter of a few weeks. It can be exhausting in the long haul.

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win View Post
    I can't blame Brad for not wanting to be with someone that has so many highs and lows within a matter of a few weeks. It can be exhausting in the long haul.

but that's real life - we all have our highs and lows - we all handle them differently - Em has been edited as if she wouldn't say sh** if she had a mouthful - but for all we know she is prone to shouting matches and throwing knives. :wink
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

If you believe Brad's post show interviews where he is talking about how his F1 is handling things, I would say Emily is having her share of highs and lows as well.
    “Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.”-- Dr. Seuss

Quote Originally Posted by Bonbonlover View Post
    I am not sure why you all think he needs luck to live with Ricki. 5 year old girls are wonderful, sweet, and loving! I have had 3 of em. They don't become emotional and difficult until they are teens and by them Brad will have adjusted to the role of step-dad.
    You haven't met my 6 yr old granddaughter!!

Quote Originally Posted by chaslom4 View Post
    If you believe Brad's post show interviews where he is talking about how his F1 is handling things, I would say Emily is having her share of highs and lows as well.
    HELLO BRAD! Calling Brad, come in Brad...they are women, they have emotions. What do you expect?

It's like he doesn't realize that people are more than just emotionless statues