Thread: There's a New F1 in Town and Fort Has It First

FORT Fogey

Re: There's a New F1 in Town and Fort Has It First

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee View Post
    Did she have it on when she was crying with the braid in her hair? The scene we never got to see. I thought I remember it on her in that cap, but I could be mistaken.
    That's the one I'm remembering too. Alas, I record over every episode, so it's gone forever!
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    That's the one I'm remembering too. Alas, I record over every episode, so it's gone forever!
    her hair looked just dried as in after the group date in the hot springs... and her hair was braided the same and she didn't have it on in the hot springs for sure...
    Go wherever you go...... WITH ALL YOUR HEART

I'm ready for the bach'ette Ash, now. My son is going to kill me if he lands on FORT these days seeing my new avatar

Lol I deleted my post because wasn't the crying scene actually in Costa Rica and not Anguilla? I can't even remember anything anymore!
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

Lol I deleted my post because wasn't the crying scene actually in Costa Rica and not Anguilla? I can't even remember anything anymore!
    yes, it was in Costa Rica after the group date in hot springs which makes total sense to me ... she almost royally messed up ... with her thinking out loud and she knew it. Poor child. She didn't want to be the old Emily emotionally when it came to guys.

I'm ready for the bach'ette Ash, now. My son is going to kill me if he lands on FORT these days seeing my new avatar

FORT Fogey

You got me. That was the scene I remembered, but it could have been in Costa Rica. All I have recorded now is the FD episode. I'll defer to the superior knowledge (or recordings) of others on this one.

Here are some of my thoughts after reading all of your excellent posts. I am going to try to be concise.

(1) Ashley: I personally never saw a great connection between her and Brad. So, I am baffled by what Brad said at the end. I seem to remember Ashley's brother asking her at the HTD what she would do IF Brad proposed to her at the FRC, and she said that she would have to say that they needed to get to know each other better before she could take that kind of step. Her brother said "Good answer".

I believe that once Ashley made it to the F3, she knew that she could not accept a proposal from Brad and wanted him to send her home....she just wasn't that into him. Perhaps her handler was trying to convince her to also tell Brad that she was falling in love with him, but Ashley just couldn't and wouldn't. I think that Ashley had checked out and was feeling the pressure from the producers to say ILY. She refused. Maybe the plan was to let Chantal go at the F3 since she had asked Brad to not take her to the end if he wasn't feeling it. Then Ashley messed up that plan. Who knows?

(2) Chantal: I agree that Brad liked a lot of things about her - personality traits that he himself wishes he possessed - like spontaneity. He even told her that, but I agree that he was afraid that she could or would end up bringing chaos into his orderly world. Maybe Chantal went into this thinking that she wouldn't fall for Brad - would just have some fun along the way - and that she would even have a chance at being the next Bachelorette. But she got caught up in the "bubble", and things changed for her. IDK.

(3) Emily: I haven't seen enough of Emily to say much other than I think that she probably "fits" better into Brad's life - according to her edit. Sometimes opposites do attract, but there are many good marriages that have two people in them that are very similiar in personalities. This doesn't have to mean that those two have to live a boring life together. Not everyone has to have all those "adrenaline" type of adventures to have fun in their lives. For some it only requires the simplier things in life - like spending time with family in just ordinary settings. Some of my most cherished memories of raising my son are some of the most mundane yet precious moments of watching him grow up. To each his own.

You got me. That was the scene I remembered, but it could have been in Costa Rica. All I have recorded now is the FD episode. I'll defer to the superior knowledge (or recordings) of others on this one.
    I think someone, maybe it was OhSe7en, was saying that she thought it was from when they were in Anguilla though. So I think that was why I got confused. Ah well, I haven't noticed the ring in a while, so that's a good thing.
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

FORT Fogey

I think someone, maybe it was OhSe7en, was saying that she thought it was from when they were in Anguilla though. So I think that was why I got confused. Ah well, I haven't noticed the ring in a while, so that's a good thing.
    Maybe someday when Ricki is big enough, that ring will show up again on her finger. Awwww

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    Here are some of my thoughts after reading all of your excellent posts. I am going to try to be concise.

(1) Ashley: I personally never saw a great connection between her and Brad. So, I am baffled by what Brad said at the end. I seem to remember Ashley's brother asking her at the HTD what she would do IF Brad proposed to her at the FRC, and she said that she would have to say that they needed to get to know each other better before she could take that kind of step. Her brother said "Good answer".

I believe that once Ashley made it to the F3, she knew that she could not accept a proposal from Brad and wanted him to send her home....she just wasn't that into him. Perhaps her handler was trying to convince her to also tell Brad that she was falling in love with him, but Ashley just couldn't and wouldn't. I think that Ashley had checked out and was feeling the pressure from the producers to say ILY. She refused. Maybe the plan was to let Chantal go at the F3 since she had asked Brad to not take her to the end if he wasn't feeling it. Then Ashley messed up that plan. Who knows?

(2) Chantal: I agree that Brad liked a lot of things about her - personality traits that he himself wishes he possessed - like spontaneity. He even told her that, but I agree that he was afraid that she could or would end up bringing chaos into his orderly world. Maybe Chantal went into this thinking that she wouldn't fall for Brad - would just have some fun along the way - and that she would even have a chance at being the next Bachelorette. But she got caught up in the "bubble", and things changed for her. IDK.

(3) Emily: I haven't seen enough of Emily to say much other than I think that she probably "fits" better into Brad's life - according to her edit. Sometimes opposites do attract, but there are many good marriages that have two people in them that are very similiar in personalities. This doesn't have to mean that those two have to live a boring life together. Not everyone has to have all those "adrenaline" type of adventures to have fun in their lives. For some it only requires the simplier things in life - like spending time with family in just ordinary settings. Some of my most cherished memories of raising my son are some of the most mundane yet precious moments of watching him grow up. To each his own.
    I agree 100%

Ashley was never going to marry Brad... he finally realized it she finally realized it and he sent her packing.

Chantal's incredible personality is not Brad specific. When I say this I mean I think she can bring out the fun side of just about anyone. I think she is emotionally open. I think she is totally in the bubble and would have "fallen for" other Bachelors had she been on their season. I'm telling ya she is ALI and JILLIAN to a tee. Both of these thought they "loved" their Bachelor and wound up finding someone way more suited to them (Jillian's choice is questionable to some).

If Brad and EMily make it... their life will be anything but boring. If we think Brad is awkward now just wait until little Ricki isn't so little anymore and she's asking him about training bras, menstrual cycles, and sex. Poor guy is going to hyperventilate I feel.

Maybe someday when Ricki is big enough, that ring will show up again on her finger. Awwww
    I spend way too much time thinking about this reality show or the opposite of it but those were my thoughts about that ring MANY MANY times.