Thread: There's a New F1 in Town and Fort Has It First

Re: There's a New F1 in Town and Fort Has It First

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz View Post
    It's not a real engagement, for any of them -- does that help? It's a declaration of a mutual wish to keep on dating without producers to tell them what to do, when, what to say, how to kiss, etc.

Even Ali who knew Roberto was the one she would say would admit, I'm sure that the real relationship grows later. The show can be how you met your mate. Not where you built even the foundation of marriage.
    how is a proposal not a real engagement? For all intents and purposes, when a man proposes to a woman and puts a ring on that finger, they are engaged. He's even saying he's engaged - or at least someone is.

Other leads have made this promise to date without the benefit of a proposal.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    didn't he also say something very similar to Chantal -something about feeling like they've known each other forever - I think it was during their Catalina date???

And lets not forget - Chantal was supposed to go home this week - not Ashley - he told us she was supposed to meet his family.
    I guess what I'm trying to say is that in the later episodes when Emily's walls have dropped and they have that kind of time together... I understand why he said that as in talking all night. Eyes were too tired to have had a great deal of sleep...
    Go wherever you go...... WITH ALL YOUR HEART

I'm ready for the bach'ette Ash, now. My son is going to kill me if he lands on FORT these days seeing my new avatar

how is a proposal not a real engagement? For all intents and purposes, when a man proposes to a woman and puts a ring on that finger, they are engaged. He's even saying he's engaged.

Other leads have made this promise to date without the benefit of a proposal.
    I agree with both of you. I'm just leaning toward the engagement being a little more serious to Brad because he is the one who would not even commit to a relationship of any kind the first go round. I mean we haven't seen the FRC but with that ring described, he's serious about something!
    Go wherever you go...... WITH ALL YOUR HEART

I'm ready for the bach'ette Ash, now. My son is going to kill me if he lands on FORT these days seeing my new avatar

didn't he also say something very similar to Chantal -something about feeling like they've known each other forever - I think it was during their Catalina date???

And lets not forget - Chantal was supposed to go home this week - not Ashley - he told us she was supposed to meet his family.
    I rewatched that line and one second hearing I didn't get the idea that he was speaking in recent terms. Maybe it was meant that at some point during the show he had felt she'd be one of the girls meeting his family? I thought the intonation was more past tense.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by mprssdbyu View Post
    I agree with both of you. I'm just leaning toward the engagement being a little more serious to Brad because he is the one who would not even commit to a relationship of any kind the first go round. I mean we haven't seen the FRC but with that ring described, he's serious about something!
    ITA & I think they are engaged & it might be a short one, hey he's 38 & she has a kid, they might just get married faster than we think!!

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    I rewatched that line and one second hearing I didn't get the idea that he was speaking in recent terms. Maybe it was meant that at some point during the show he had felt she'd be one of the girls meeting his family? I thought the intonation was more past tense.
    That's the same impression i got.

Brad and Ashley's first date went so well that he really thought at that moment that she would be in his F2. But throughout the process her edit pointed to her leaving before.

Brad tends to, or maybe its the way he has been edited, to sound as if he's still feeling the way he felt months ago, eventhough things have clearly changed...just one more thing about him i don't get.
    "Wicked HOT" = Chris L.

I didn't get that sense at all - he also said she was supposed to be one of the final 2 girls - he made about 3 references in total. I rewatched it last night because I thought I remembered he said it more than once and he did. How is that not in recent terms - why say that after he just let her go?? I didn't like it when we heard it from Ali about Frank, and I don't like Brad doing it either.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

I didn't get that sense at all - he also said she was supposed to be one of the final 2 girls - he made about 3 references in total. I rewatched it last night because I thought I remembered he said it more than once and he did. How is that not in recent terms - why say that after he just let her go?? I didn't like it when we heard it from Ali about Frank, and I don't like Brad doing it either.
    you think maybe that's just TPTB replaying the same line over and over again to create doubt?
    "Wicked HOT" = Chris L.

I felt the same way. Brad was talking to Chantal on their FD and seemed to say that she would meet his family.

It wasn't the same line - he said she was supposed to meet his family - and he said she was supposed to be one of the final 2 girls - different words, same meaning.