Thread: There's a New F1 in Town and Fort Has It First

Re: There's a New F1 in Town and Fort Has It First

Quote Originally Posted by bevorules View Post
    I think this is why Chantal is F2 because she is too much to handle for Brad. She needs a male version of Emily.
    You're so right! Some will say Emily is boring. Emily is shy. Maybe not in a professional setting but she definitely is when it comes to romance and a guy she really likes. She's shy! Add her backstory, and she's literally scared to death. Emily is also snarky which is what Chantal needs. Unfortunately, they left SO much of Emily on the cutting room floor.
    Go wherever you go...... WITH ALL YOUR HEART

I'm ready for the bach'ette Ash, now. My son is going to kill me if he lands on FORT these days seeing my new avatar

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    I only hope he kept it clean in all the fantasy suite dates if he knew they weren't "the one".
    Well he told George L that there was no sex on the FD? Who knows? But of course with Emily's edit I think due largely to the 5 yr old daughter ( this came up a lot & is why I think she got the edit & that makes sense)!!

I know for many of us, it would be hard to believe that he would propose to her & that never happened??!!
    George did go on to say somthing about sex in Africa & Brad was trying to be careful and tried to indicate it was after he picked F1 or at least that is how I took it!!
    Either way, something happened for them on that FD as he was giving her the last rose his eyes & hers just showed so much passion & it seemed to make him ( I know here is that word again) nervous!!
    It also showed me thart Emily was full in by then as she just had that look, esp when he left with Ash!!! That look of just get this over and let me be with you look. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by lvmaui View Post
    I'm sorry, but I respectfully disagree with this. Nothing can replace having the privledge of being able to drive over and see your grandchild any time of the day or night. Or having sleep overs or driving her to school. Not to mention going to school plays, sports activities, watching her get ready for dates/dances one day. Etc. Nothing can compare to living right by your grandchild.
    I totally agree and understand where you are coming from. I'm sure lil Ricki will still spend a great deal of time, quality time when Pop Pop and her grandmother. Emily understands what lil Ricki means to his family. In fact they love Emily, too and DO want to see her happy.

I'm ready for the bach'ette Ash, now. My son is going to kill me if he lands on FORT these days seeing my new avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nibbles22 View Post
    Hah ~ notice my stats 0 for 20! The best ones must be the F2 or F3's!!
    Who needs sluething with stats like this. Whoever I like is never the F1 either.

The disconnect that I get with Brad choosing and possibly proposing to Emily at the end of this, is that even at the FD stage she was saying how she wanted to continue to take it slow – go to the FS and talk and get to know each other more. How does someone who likes to take things very slow go from that to possibly engaged in a week?? We know he chose the ring –we don’t know if he proposed, I assume he did – her edit is very Tessa and look how that turned out.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by LAlady View Post
    Well he told George L that there was no sex on the FD? Who knows? But of course with Emily's edit I think due largely to the 5 yr old daughter ( this came up a lot & is why I think she got the edit & that makes sense)!!

I know for many of us, it would be hard to believe that he would propose to her & that never happened??!!
    George did go on to say somthing about sex in Africa & Brad was trying to be careful and tried to indicate it was after he picked F1 or at least that is how I took it!!
    Either way, something happened for them on that FD as he was giving her the last rose his eyes & hers just showed so much passion & it seemed to make him ( I know here is that word again) nervous!!
    It also showed me thart Emily was full in by then as she just had that look, esp when he left with Ash!!! That look of just get this over and let me be with you look. IMO
    You know, he said after that date, he felt like he had known Emily for a decade just before Ash's date. In fact if you look at him in that PI, his eyes are SO tired like he did talk all night or ... He may have REALLY wanted to but I'm just not sure Brad is going to go that far before FRC.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Interesting. I believe this. Don't care much for Laurel, as I think selling your "story" to get it out there, and then using the excuse that you want to "warn" the other ladies is a cop out and cheap...BUT...she obviously knows this guy, so some of her descriptions of Brad are worth examining.

Controlling is a word that has been coming back to me time and again. Something about how he shuts down when things aren't going the way he perceives them, or when he becomes cold and distant when he has to deal with unpleasant things, tells me that he has a hard time when things are out of his control and he doesn't know how to bend very well. His ultra clean condo, his extremely fit body, his eating habits (didn't I read/hear somewhere that he only has turkey and ??? something in his fridge?) ~ I could be wrong but they have suggested a control freak to me.

Now here is where my theory meets the Chantal/Emily scenario as they have been presented/edited for us on the show. On the one hand, you have Emily who has controlled herself very well throughout the entire "journey." We didn't see her fawning all over him. We rarely saw her interacting with the other girls in the house. She kept her tears, when she shed them (rarely) very quiet and restrained. No loud sobbing for our Southern Girl! She's also very slender, and very put together, something that I think appeals greatly to Brad. She is the opposite of Chantal in so many ways. Chantal throws herself into everything, good and bad. She wore her heart on her sleeve and went with whatever emotion she was feeling. If she was sad, she cried. If she was mad, she walked away from him. If she was happy, she laughed. If she was mischevious, she teased him. She's impulsive and emotional and OTT sometimes. She obviously is a GORGEOUS girl but she's definitely a normal girl with curves, so yes she probably has the ability to put on a few pounds. So many times I don't think he knew what would happen next with Chantal. She kept him on his toes, and while those who loved Chantal thought that brought out a younger and happier side of him, and it might have, I don't think it would translate well in his real life. I don't think Brad could trust her not to bring chaos into his controlled life.

It's funny, because on the show Chantal is portrayed as the "sure thing" because she told him straight out how she feels and he knew she was in it all the way. Emily is being portrayed as the "uncertainty" ~ will she be able to love him back? I see it as the opposite with regards to Brad's life and how he likes it to run. Emily is the "sure thing" in that their lifestyles and personalities, that controlled almost reserved manner, will mesh better than Chantal, who would be a bigger risk for Brad because he wouldn't know if she would be too disruptive to his lifestyle. He couldn't, or wouldn't take that chance, and obviously felt that Emily would fit his life better.

It's no secret, I like Chantal's impulsiveness and zest for life, so I think Brad missed out on something special. But the heart/head wants what the heart/head wants, and that wasn't her I guess. It's ok, another man will thank his lucky stars that Brad let her go.
    Great post!

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    The disconnect that I get with Brad choosing and possibly proposing to Emily at the end of this, is that even at the FD stage she was saying how she wanted to continue to take it slow – go to the FS and talk and get to know each other more. How does someone who likes to take things very slow go from that to possibly engaged in a week?? We know he chose the ring –we don’t know if he proposed, I assume he did – her edit is very Tessa and look how that turned out.
    It's not a real engagement, for any of them -- does that help? It's a declaration of a mutual wish to keep on dating without producers to tell them what to do, when, what to say, how to kiss, etc.

Even Ali who knew Roberto was the one she would say would admit, I'm sure that the real relationship grows later. The show can be how you met your mate. Not where you built even the foundation of marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by mprssdbyu View Post
    You know, he said after that date, he felt like he had known Emily for a decade just before Ash's date. In fact if you look at him in that PI, his eyes are SO tired like he did talk all night or ... He may have REALLY wanted to but I'm just not sure Brad is going to go that far before FRC.
    didn't he also say something very similar to Chantal -something about feeling like they've known each other forever - I think it was during their Catalina date???

And lets not forget - Chantal was supposed to go home this week - not Ashley - he told us she was supposed to meet his family.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    He did say in about 2 interviews that he is in love and not necessarily engaged. In a radio interview( link was posted on the media thread) he mentioned that he has never said he is engaged but that he is love. So i think they are really taking it slow IRL