Thread: There's a New F1 in Town and Fort Has It First

Re: There's a New F1 in Town and Fort Has It First

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna View Post
    Great, great post and ITA with each word. You've been awesome all season and I hope you know that!!

As for the bold, he would have been all wrong for Chantal in the long-run like you said and for all the reasons you mentioned, although they were a whole heck of a lot of fun to watch for the first 4 weeks this season.

At the end of the day, I agree with whoever said she needs someone who will let her bounce off the walls for awhile but still love her and find her endearing anyway. She'll find him. If Deanna can find a man to adore her, anyone can.
    Aww, thanks Alanna.

I agree, having someone who will love you while you're bouncing off the walls is the best feeling in the world. Having someone who might shut down and turn cold if he feels you are going OTT isn't worth your time and effort. She will find him, indeed.

I'm just so happy I watched this season to get to see Chantal. Out of all the Bachelorettes, she ranks right at the top with Meredith and Jillian for me.

Quote Originally Posted by sunny73 View Post
    Who is CH - Chris Harrison? Why would he say that?
    Also, Chantal has gained a dress size or two (though still gorgeous) and he always tells her how amazing she looks. Deanna wasn't a petite girl either and he seemed to love her body. Another reality - Emily is small boned and will probably never have an issue with her weight. I could be wrong but everyone I know with her structure doesn't even have to exercise until they're like, 45, and at that point if they power walk or do the occasional hot yoga class, they're good to go. Not fair but true!!!
    he didn't come out and say that directly...but some of his earlier interviews for this season...and I believe this was discussed at length in the media thread...but CH just seemed off about the new couple...made some comments about not knowing if they could make it through the rough road they had
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Aww, thanks Alanna.

I agree, having someone who will love you while you're bouncing off the walls is the best feeling in the world. Having someone who might shut down and turn cold if he feels you are going OTT isn't worth your time and effort. She will find him, indeed.

I'm just so happy I watched this season to get to see Chantal. Out of all the Bachelorettes, she ranks right at the top with Meredith and Jillian for me.
    It was me who said the stuff about bouncing off the walls. Chantal needs a Roberto or Ryan type. Hell, I need a Roberto or Ryan type

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Interesting. I believe this. Don't care much for Laurel, as I think selling your "story" to get it out there, and then using the excuse that you want to "warn" the other ladies is a cop out and cheap...BUT...she obviously knows this guy, so some of her descriptions of Brad are worth examining.

Controlling is a word that has been coming back to me time and again. Something about how he shuts down when things aren't going the way he perceives them, or when he becomes cold and distant when he has to deal with unpleasant things, tells me that he has a hard time when things are out of his control and he doesn't know how to bend very well. His ultra clean condo, his extremely fit body, his eating habits (didn't I read/hear somewhere that he only has turkey and ??? something in his fridge?) ~ I could be wrong but they have suggested a control freak to me.

Now here is where my theory meets the Chantal/Emily scenario as they have been presented/edited for us on the show. On the one hand, you have Emily who has controlled herself very well throughout the entire "journey." We didn't see her fawning all over him. We rarely saw her interacting with the other girls in the house. She kept her tears, when she shed them (rarely) very quiet and restrained. No loud sobbing for our Southern Girl! She's also very slender, and very put together, something that I think appeals greatly to Brad. She is the opposite of Chantal in so many ways. Chantal throws herself into everything, good and bad. She wore her heart on her sleeve and went with whatever emotion she was feeling. If she was sad, she cried. If she was mad, she walked away from him. If she was happy, she laughed. If she was mischevious, she teased him. She's impulsive and emotional and OTT sometimes. She obviously is a GORGEOUS girl but she's definitely a normal girl with curves, so yes she probably has the ability to put on a few pounds. So many times I don't think he knew what would happen next with Chantal. She kept him on his toes, and while those who loved Chantal thought that brought out a younger and happier side of him, and it might have, I don't think it would translate well in his real life. I don't think Brad could trust her not to bring chaos into his controlled life.

It's funny, because on the show Chantal is portrayed as the "sure thing" because she told him straight out how she feels and he knew she was in it all the way. Emily is being portrayed as the "uncertainty" ~ will she be able to love him back? I see it as the opposite with regards to Brad's life and how he likes it to run. Emily is the "sure thing" in that their lifestyles and personalities, that controlled almost reserved manner, will mesh better than Chantal, who would be a bigger risk for Brad because he wouldn't know if she would be too disruptive to his lifestyle. He couldn't, or wouldn't take that chance, and obviously felt that Emily would fit his life better.

It's no secret, I like Chantal's impulsiveness and zest for life, so I think Brad missed out on something special. But the heart/head wants what the heart/head wants, and that wasn't her I guess. It's ok, another man will thank his lucky stars that Brad let her go.
    Re the bold ~ that pretty much sums it up, doesn't it sweatpea!
    This is freaking CRAzy ~ I'm 0 for 20!

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna View Post
    Hilarious and true. Oh well. Someone convinced her she has to take what she can get because of her past so maybe they'll be happy together. I have no idea if she can be that Stepford wife but who knows. Maybe.
    That just makes me sad, if true. I'm worried that after the glitz fades, she will wake up and realize this man that she barely knows maybe isn't the be all and end all for her, and that there are a lot of worthy men out there who would love her and her daughter too (the package deal). Brad is not the only one who will take them, I am sure of it. Perhaps she's had a tough time dating in the past, it can't have been easy with a small child, and Emily is so young herself, living in this big stunning house paid for by her deceased fiance's family...it's enough that many a man her own age would be totally insecure and definitely run for the hills. But she's so young, I know some wonderful man would come along that would be right for her. We all know that despite the interviews and gushing that goes on right after the season ends, we're not batting a great game with this show as far as the couples staying together. If this is truly what Emily wants and if she is truly happy, then I hope for her sake that it works out for them.

I won't even reference Brad in this scenario.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by HotMomma View Post
    I believe that when Em said she was falling in Love with..Yes Brad was a goner..
    I sure agree with that. I think Chantal was his second choice, and I believe he is really fond of her, but she is no doubt better off. She's a great girl, but not for Brad, and I think she could use a bit more time before she gets married again.

I would have loved to see Shawntel as the bachelorette, but I'm afraid her line of work is a hindrance. She may be better off looking to meet guys at a mortician's conference.

Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva View Post
    Freudian slip?
    Good call!!
    This is freaking CRAzy ~ I'm 0 for 20!

Quote Originally Posted by Nibbles22 View Post
    Re the bold ~ that pretty much sums it up, doesn't it sweatpea!
    To me it does. I've been thinking about it for a few days now. I see him tempted by Chantal and her teasing/crying/letting it all hang out personality, but I don't think he can truly let himself go that route. I don't think it's in him, frankly. To me, looking at it now, Emily is the safe bet for him because they are so similar, it won't disrupt his life too much. Then again, has he lived with a 5 year old? Good luck, Brad!

Quote Originally Posted by BachfanNY View Post
    Maybe I'm just being taken too serioulsy, I'm just trying to understand Brad, its that simple.
    Thank goodness for spoilers on who the F1 is, or else I would be lost. Part of the fun is getting a good feel for what makes the lead tick (and not tick). I can't even tell if he has a tick.
    He does now ... Ricki-Tick!
    If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone, somewhere is making a penny.
    Steven Wright

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post
    Exactly. I think people have to keep in mind that since Chantal was spoiled as F1 early on, she has been the target/recipient of pot shots and snide remarks from many, while Emily has been for the most part untouched. This is typically what happens when someone is thought of as the front runner, they become fair game. Perhaps if it had been spoiled that Emily was F1 from the get go, nobody would have felt it necessary to take "the loser" down a peg, and there would have been more snarking focused on the "perfect" winner, Emily, instead. I think this is just largely how human nature works, it's not pretty or noble, but it's human.
    I hope I am doing this right. I am a looong time reader and I finally feel the need to chime in. I have watched this show from it's inception and I have I had my opinions, of course, but this time I just can not take [mod edit]. Poor Emily? Really? Wow! Try reality with chidren, house payments and the whole grieving process. I was in love again 3 years later. I did not have all that money or the plastic look that this girl has, nor did I want that. I can not relate to her or Brad, and that is sad. I can relate to Chantel 100 times more. This is the worst season for me as I have no respect at all for Brad or Emily. All that I see is fake and entitled. End Of Story.
    Last edited by hepcat; 03-02-2011 at 12:06 AM.