Thread: There's a New F1 in Town and Fort Has It First

Re: There's a New F1 in Town and Fort Has It First

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee View Post
    And it would make sense for MF to make Brad take Chantal to the F2 so that when Brad lets her go, she'll be so much more emotional than Ashley would be and you just know how much MF loves emotional.
    You're right Sanlee. In hindsight with the Emily F1 reveal, I have been
    questioning why Chantal couldn't have been sent home earlier. I do think
    he was *feeling it*, and still kept her around after the Anguilla date. I feel
    outside of Emily, he did have the strongest connection with Chantal. It
    could be that he just was not ready to let her go.

* RS told us the Thanksgiving dinner was in Palm Desert (wherever that is)
    This is freaking CRAzy ~ I'm 0 for 20!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by sunny73 View Post
    Carrie - I don't know for sure but people are saying that Ashley is the next bachelorette, I've read that on this particular thread. I was quite surprised as she's not been given a great edit. I'm not sure how people came to learn that information. I hope they are wrong! I'd love to see Chantal or Shawntel or - hope this doesn't sound offensive to anyone but I'd really like to see a black bachelor or bachelorette for a change.
    I would honestly rather see Michelle as the next B'ette then Ashley. I am so not emotionally invested in this show anymore that I guess it really doesn't matter. I do think Michelle would be a whole lot more interesting to watch then Ashley. IMO of course

Quote Originally Posted by Nibbles22 View Post
    You're right Sanlee. In hindsight with the Emily F1 reveal, I have been
    questioning why Chantal couldn't have been sent home earlier. I do think
    he was *feeling it*, and still kept her around after the Anguilla date. I feel
    outside of Emily, he did have the strongest connection with Chantal. It
    could be that he just was not ready to let her go.

* RS told us the Thanksgiving dinner was in Palm Desert (wherever that is)
    Chantal seems like a backup plan if Emily wouldn't return his crush.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Cornfritter View Post
    Brad, chose the most expensive ring $90,000.00, in The Bachelor's history right because he does not have to pay for it.

I thinks Brad, is trying to compete with her decease finance Ricky.
    He may need a few more zeros. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna View Post
    I don't agree. He should have kept Ashley then. Full of fun, spark, and zero interest in being romantic with him starting with the HTDs versus Chantal who claimed she was in love with him.
    But Brad KNEW Chantal was ALL in..and I think He still wasn't sure Emily was all in...That Chantal would be there til the end...In fact I just watch their date again and Brad DOES tell Chantal that she is going to met his family..So I think he committed himself to that..And Emily DID surprise him when she told him that she was Falling in love with him..He even said that..SO poor Ash had to follow those two dates..and I believe that is when she checked out because she saw/felt Brad being different..So at this point I really THINK if things didn't go well with Em she would have been F3,,,JMO

His ex, Laurel, said that Brad, is very controlling.
    Interesting. I believe this. Don't care much for Laurel, as I think selling your "story" to get it out there, and then using the excuse that you want to "warn" the other ladies is a cop out and cheap...BUT...she obviously knows this guy, so some of her descriptions of Brad are worth examining.

Controlling is a word that has been coming back to me time and again. Something about how he shuts down when things aren't going the way he perceives them, or when he becomes cold and distant when he has to deal with unpleasant things, tells me that he has a hard time when things are out of his control and he doesn't know how to bend very well. His ultra clean condo, his extremely fit body, his eating habits (didn't I read/hear somewhere that he only has turkey and ??? something in his fridge?) ~ I could be wrong but they have suggested a control freak to me.

Now here is where my theory meets the Chantal/Emily scenario as they have been presented/edited for us on the show. On the one hand, you have Emily who has controlled herself very well throughout the entire "journey." We didn't see her fawning all over him. We rarely saw her interacting with the other girls in the house. She kept her tears, when she shed them (rarely) very quiet and restrained. No loud sobbing for our Southern Girl! She's also very slender, and very put together, something that I think appeals greatly to Brad. She is the opposite of Chantal in so many ways. Chantal throws herself into everything, good and bad. She wore her heart on her sleeve and went with whatever emotion she was feeling. If she was sad, she cried. If she was mad, she walked away from him. If she was happy, she laughed. If she was mischevious, she teased him. She's impulsive and emotional and OTT sometimes. She obviously is a GORGEOUS girl but she's definitely a normal girl with curves, so yes she probably has the ability to put on a few pounds. So many times I don't think he knew what would happen next with Chantal. She kept him on his toes, and while those who loved Chantal thought that brought out a younger and happier side of him, and it might have, I don't think it would translate well in his real life. I don't think Brad could trust her not to bring chaos into his controlled life.

It's funny, because on the show Chantal is portrayed as the "sure thing" because she told him straight out how she feels and he knew she was in it all the way. Emily is being portrayed as the "uncertainty" ~ will she be able to love him back? I see it as the opposite with regards to Brad's life and how he likes it to run. Emily is the "sure thing" in that their lifestyles and personalities, that controlled almost reserved manner, will mesh better than Chantal, who would be a bigger risk for Brad because he wouldn't know if she would be too disruptive to his lifestyle. He couldn't, or wouldn't take that chance, and obviously felt that Emily would fit his life better.

It's no secret, I like Chantal's impulsiveness and zest for life, so I think Brad missed out on something special. But the heart/head wants what the heart/head wants, and that wasn't her I guess. It's ok, another man will thank his lucky stars that Brad let her go.
    Last edited by sweetpea; 03-01-2011 at 10:11 PM.

Brad, chose the most expensive ring $90,000.00, in The Bachelor's history right because he does not have to pay for it.

I thinks Brad, is trying to compete with her decease finance Ricky.
    I thought the ring he chose , he paid for himself.. Somebody on here said that. At least I think so... *shrug*

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    but like I said earlier what bothers me is a 5 year old child can't be perfect....we see Emily on her vlogs and she looks like she has either colored her hair or let it return to his normal color...she looks more real and less plastic perfect....if it was that image he wanted then what happens???? is this the reason why CH seems so doubtful they will make it..and I also said earlier..what happens is she say gains 20 pounds..will he still love her since she won't fit the perfect image anymore

Who is CH - Chris Harrison? Why would he say that?
    Also, Chantal has gained a dress size or two (though still gorgeous) and he always tells her how amazing she looks. Deanna wasn't a petite girl either and he seemed to love her body. Another reality - Emily is small boned and will probably never have an issue with her weight. I could be wrong but everyone I know with her structure doesn't even have to exercise until they're like, 45, and at that point if they power walk or do the occasional hot yoga class, they're good to go. Not fair but true!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I love Jill too. I grew up in Kelowna, her HTD location and where her parents currently live, and live just north of there now. She is very much a BC girl, and I love how she is all-in, all the time. She has a joy for life that I admire, and a great career.
    I admire her, too. Bonus: She does not come across obnoxious and overdone on television. She is very naturalistic.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

After Emily's HTD and after meeting sweet little ricki tick...I honestly could never see Brad every getting rid of Emily. And after last nights episode...I see everything sooo perfectly
    Give me that DANG ON rose!