Thread: There's a New F1 in Town and Fort Has It First

FORT Fan

Re: There's a New F1 in Town and Fort Has It First

Quote Originally Posted by one71721 View Post
    I'm a single mother that gets help from NO ONE and I'm over 10 years older than Emily and do not have a house any where near as luxurious. Kids are EXPENSIVE...Emily is NOT paying for their life/house/needs/wants, someone else is.
    I think as parent you want to give your kids the best of everything (if possible) and if my kid's grandfather was on the Forbes Riches List of every year and wanted to give his granddaughter her hearts desire and a comfortable home to live in - I'd say "Yes" and "Thank you"! And if that allowed me to stay at home and take care of her and pick her up from school or participate in PTA or whatever so I was close to her - I would too. I don't see the problem here... Who says "no" to that?! BTW, I think Emily also comes from her own money.

Quote Originally Posted by one71721 View Post
    I have always wanted the best for the final 4...they are all fantastic women in their own way. It's Brad that I have issues with...mainly he's 38 and still single and his choice of a wife is someone approx. 25... Even though I DON'T HATE or DISLIKE HIM..I do not think he is ready to be married or an instant father.
    he really seems to have issues with drama and emotional women - he really has no clue what it's like to live with a 5 yo girl does he?

my beef has always been with Brad - not the women. I actually feel badly for the women.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by quietlurker View Post
    Maybe they have a close relative or very good friend of theirs that live there already? That would be totally cool!!!
    If anyone cares to rewatch that scene, the answer is there. Not sure who lives there but, yes, Ricki would know the area - listen to what Brad & Emily say as the bike goes by...
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by umngirl View Post

As a Chantal fan first and foremost, the Anguilla episode just made me want her nowhere near him. Those thoughts/doubts/concerns haven't change. In fact, I have more of them now.

I hope Brad is very happy with who he chooses, but that doesn't mean I can't have concerns or doubts about him as a person or their relationship.
    While I hope Brad chose right, that Emily and him are happy and make it, and that Chantal gets her own happy ending be it on bachelorette or IRL, I don't have a problem with valid questions/concerns people have based on their perception of his character. Hopefully Babyface C can come on here and help us aleviate any fears or concerns.

Having concerns about the lead or the couple doesn't mean you are participating in the backlash that happens when the one being rooted for is the F2. Folks need to bear with folks for asking questions and trying to wrap their heads and hearts around what happened.

In our rule reminder posts yesterday, the mods made the point about people needing to feel comfortable to post their theories and takes even if what they say questions the lead or goes against the majority. I think it helps to realize that just because folks have questions, doesn't mean they are being negative or that they are being mean to the lead/couple to ask the questions.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    Well she's certainly not a single mom living hand to mouth.
    Ouch!

Well, let's just be happy for the in love couple! They certainly seem over the moon and even though it may not be who you would have chosen for him, let's give them our warm thoughts and be happy for them. Emily is a gem, not one word has been said negatively about her so really, we should try to find the wonderful aspects that Brad sees in her too. Let's not focus on how much she looks like the sister-in-law, who pays for what, moving her child, who is more independent, what they are wearing, how much jewelry they have -- both Chantal and Emily have been taken care of from their families and both are grounded women with good heads on their shoulders. We should be blessed that we had a great season with 2 very likeable final 2 women (it could have been Michelle in the final 2, like Vienna). Kudos to Brad for narrowing it down to 2 great ladies. Let's be happy for the in-love couple and focus on the love story at hand, that is so clearly visible!!
    Last edited by 1blue1pink; 03-01-2011 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bevorules View Post
    While I hope Brad chose right, that Emily and him are happy and make it, and that Chantal gets her own happy ending be it on bachelorette or IRL, I don't have a problem with valid questions/concerns people have based on their perception of his character. Hopefully Babyface C can come on here and help us aleviate any fears or concerns.

Having concerns about the lead or the couple doesn't mean you are participating in the backlash that happens when the one being rooted for is the F2. Folks need to bear with folks for asking questions and trying to wrap their heads and hearts around what happened.

In our rule reminder posts yesterday, the mods made the point about people needing to feel comfortable to post their theories and takes even if what they say questions the lead or goes against the majority. I think it helps to realize that just because folks have questions, doesn't mean they are being negative or that they are being mean to the lead/couple to ask the questions.
    Exactly! well said
    “Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.”-- Dr. Seuss

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by umngirl View Post

As a Chantal fan first and foremost, the Anguilla episode just made me want her nowhere near him. Those thoughts/doubts/concerns haven't change. In fact, I have more of them now.

I hope Brad is very happy with who he chooses, but that doesn't mean I can't have concerns or doubts about him as a person or their relationship.

Just curious if anyone else noticed this, I rewatched Emily and Chantal's dates from last night....the shot when Brad picks up Chantal for the safari...I don't see the exuberant Chantal...she kinda of walks/skips to Brad and the hug she gave him was nothing like the one from her HTD???

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    she was lifeless in her video message - lifeless as she stood at the RC - looked less than interested that he wanted to talk to her - her body language was screaming that she wanted out......
    Ashley had clearly checked out, it was very obvious. Not everyone falls in love w/ the lead and that's okay. She was obligated to go to the RC and I don't believe she thought that her discussion w/ Brad pre-RC was going to make one bit of difference - at least on her part.

I think the edit dismantled their real conversation during the dinner/evening portion of their date. It came across like she hadn't spent one minute thinking about the two of them beyond the show and we know that can't be true. However, if their lives don't mesh, then they simply don't mesh and they both need to move on. Guess what, that's what relationships are like in real life. Not every ending is warm and fuzzy; and the ending between Brad & Ashley was rather cool last nite. I'm sure she's just fine now!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22 View Post
    You are more the norm, one. More power to you! A good friend of mine is in the same boat, and I see her struggles and the way she has to live, working as many hours a week as she can as a hair stylist in a small salon to keep a roof over all their heads (3 kids) and food in their tummies. As difficult as it is for anyone to be a single mom, at least Emily fell into a pot of jam with the Hendricks family. I wonder if after Ricki was no longer a baby, she went back to school to get a career going, or had any plans to, or did she just assume she'd be taken care of by someone forever. Sorry if I sound harsh. I don't mean to be. I just don't think Emily's situation can be compared to most single moms, and I wonder if it contributed at all to Brad's attraction to her as a wife instead of those women who have careers and ambitions in addition to being a wife and mother.
    I don't think you sound harsh and thank you for the pat on the back. I appreciate it. I do have a college degree with a very good job, I'm lucky... I just wonder if emily marries again how much "monetary" support she'll still receive from the Hendricks? I 100% they'll continue to take care of little Ricki, but outside of that what would Emily "receive" from them?

Quote Originally Posted by BeReal View Post
    I totally respect that. I think people should express their opinion/concerns/doubts (with class). That's what this board is for. What I find disturbing is that most don't see/express these doubts and concerns until they find out the ending is different from what they expected. I have no respect for that.
    With all due respect, when I thought that it was a fait accompli that Brad ended up with Chantal, I felt there was no need to mention the concerns/doubts I would have about a relationship with Emily. Why bother to pick apart something that isn't going to happen? It's actually kind of catty, and maybe even a little cruel to those who are rooting for that couple. I suspect many felt the same way.